Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

50 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

I'd say this was convenient for both parties 

I'd say its tactics from both. Had the council approved it straight off the appeal would have delayed it longer.

By doing this less chance of an appeal.

48 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I would stop the expansion and work on the squad instead. We won't get 40k if we don't have the players to entertain

We cant build the squad because of new ffp rules nothing to do with money.

Infrastructure dont count on ffp. But the income will mean we can spend more. For players and wages.

54 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I would stop the expansion and work on the squad instead. We won't get 40k if we don't have the players to entertain

That wouldn't allow us to in the short term, it's the need to do this expansion to raise more revenue thst will effect what we spend it on in the future.

• Like 4

As frustrating though as these delays are, and they're really frustrating considering the speed it took to get Seagrave approved and built from concept to completion, it's clear that the club have been committed to expanding for almost a decade and haven't let finances or disruptive events put them off from doing it. Top is deeply committed to our future and when this phase is complete it will be 100% worth it.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

As frustrating though as these delays are, and they're really frustrating considering the speed it took to get Seagrave approved and built from concept to completion, it's clear that the club have been committed to expanding for almost a decade and haven't let finances or disruptive events put them off from doing it. Top is deeply committed to our future and when this phase is complete it will be 100% worth it.

All of us over 50s might not be here to see it👀

Playing devils advocate here, with the delays etc, will 40,000 be large enough? 

8,000 seats - £35 / each - £280k per game, 19 league games per season -  gives us additional revenue of potentially £5.3m per season. That’s one player on £100k per week. 

Obviously we’ll have the profit from over overpriced food and beer etc as well.  

1 minute ago, Sly said:

Playing devils advocate here, with the delays etc, will 40,000 be large enough? 

8,000 seats - £35 / each - £280k per game, 19 league games per season -  gives us additional revenue of potentially £5.3m per season. That’s one player on £100k per week. 

Obviously we’ll have the profit from over overpriced food and beer etc as well.  

It’s about making the stadium a destination not just for football. That will give the club a long term guaranteed income that a club of our size desperately needs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fox in the North said:

It’s about making the stadium a destination not just for football. That will give the club a long term guaranteed income that a club of our size desperately needs.

That’s a significant upgrade on the footings as they were made from cheese originally. 

• Haha 1

There is no excuse for the planners not to have approved it by now. 

All it takes is one pretentious planning officer to go to town on the rest of the outline permission under reserved matters in a lot more detail. 

I don't think the planners I.e. council give a toss, on the contrary, I beleive this is all about a power trip. 

Found this, I knew Thailand had a drop in tourism, but these numbers are crazy.  Is it possible there is cashflow issues affecting the stadium development not just waiting for the council?

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2021/11/25/thailand-sees-tourism

Seems to have recovered to 2 million tourists this year from 170k 2021, although still a big drop from 40 million pre covid.

Edited by Chrysalis

15 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Found this, I knew Thailand had a drop in tourism, but these numbers are crazy.  Is it possible there is cashflow issues affecting the stadium development not just waiting for the council?

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2021/11/25/thailand-sees-tourism

Seems to have recovered to 2 million tourists this year from 170k 2021, although still a big drop from 40 million pre covid.

I live in Thailand, and thanks to work I travel around the country a bit.

Flying through the major airports and also I'm a member of the King Power hotel membership package.

And after covid things havd been pretty quite in the airports and in the King Power hotels.

Thailand tourism isn't going to recover anytime soon.

I'm sure they have other sources of income but the tourism industry was massive for them.

Edited by Vindaloo FOX

On 02/08/2022 at 10:29, Fox in the North said:

Financial expenditure on infrastructure does not impact on what we can spend on players or ffp. There would be no benefit to the playing squad if we didn’t proceed with expansion; only long term gain. 

what you are saying is partially true. For a club that has plenty of money one will not effect the other. They can afford to do both. But for a club that missed out on Europe and can’t shift the deadwood it’s going to be tricky.  We could for example afford 30m for the expansion and 40m towards new players without being penalized under the FFP rules but we still need to have that money in the first place…

46 minutes ago, MPH said:

what you are saying is partially true. For a club that has plenty of money one will not effect the other. They can afford to do both. But for a club that missed out on Europe and can’t shift the deadwood it’s going to be tricky.  We could for example afford 30m for the expansion and 40m towards new players without being penalized under the FFP rules but we still need to have that money in the first place…

Of course, that’s always the balancing act faced by all clubs. But equally if you’re going from that perspective, there’s never going to be an ideal time for expansion. Apart from having an owner who’s willing to write off the losses, the best thing any club can do to improve revenue is by upgrading its facilities.

Until Bournemouth managed to get promoted again, I would have said they were the perfect example of a club that hedged all of its money into its playing assets. 

So on this basis do you think the ownership were wrong to invest in the new training complex when they could have invested that money in the playing squad instead? I think they find the perfect mix. 

31 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Of course, that’s always the balancing act faced by all clubs. But equally if you’re going from that perspective, there’s never going to be an ideal time for expansion. Apart from having an owner who’s willing to write off the losses, the best thing any club can do to improve revenue is by upgrading its facilities.

Until Bournemouth managed to get promoted again, I would have said they were the perfect example of a club that hedged all of its money into its playing assets. 

So on this basis do you think the ownership were wrong to invest in the new training complex when they could have invested that money in the playing squad instead? I think they find the perfect mix. 

I think they were bang on the money to invest in the stadium expansion but they would probably say last season’s position was ‘ unexpected’. I read that they estimated  we’ll get an increase of £10m in revenue every season from the expansion and new facilities so it will pay for itself after just a few years yet benefit us for many more years after.

On 04/08/2022 at 02:16, MPH said:

..the loans are secured against final league positions!!!

A £100m loan can be amortised over a 5 year period, a bit like how you would deal with depreciation. The building of infrastructure will have the finance in place, we set ourselves a certain amount a year, in order to fund player acquisition. 

Staying in the league is essential to meet the financial burden but dropping into the Championship has also been factored in, so we do not over commit. The training ground and developed stadium will be permanent fixtures paid for because of being in the Premier League for so long, it is a good strategy.

• Like 3

Maybe stick a fork in this one lads.

IMO the club has made a big mistake prioritising Seagrave over expanding the stadium.  At least with the stadium expanded we'd be seeing some additional revenue.

I can only imagine Seagrave is significantly more expensive to run than Belvoir Drive.  Wait...doesn't the club still own/run that as well!?

It also hasn't stopped our best players wanting to leave when I thought the idea was for it to attract/retain players.

Just my thoughts.

• Like 1