Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

17 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Maybe stick a fork in this one lads.

IMO the club has made a big mistake prioritising Seagrave over expanding the stadium.  At least with the stadium expanded we'd be seeing some additional revenue.

I can only imagine Seagrave is significantly more expensive to run than Belvoir Drive.  Wait...doesn't the club still own/run that as well!?

It also hasn't stopped our best players wanting to leave when I thought the idea was for it to attract/retain players.

Just my thoughts.

NOTHING will stop players wanting to leave, because if they are good there will always be teams who can pay more. It's to help us develop our own players as well as theoretically providing a better place to train and get the best of your players and also being attractive to potential players. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Our stadium has been the most filled Premier League ground for several seasons running. We'd sell a lot more season tickets and would regularly sell out a 42,000 ground. It would increase revenues and raise our profile as a club, making it easier to attract players. It would enable us to keep pace with other similarly-sized clubs, many of which are planning ground extensions or have already completed them.

Apart from that, you're right - there's no point in expanding the ground...

Do you think we'd sell 39K a week to watch the current side? 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

To aside, whilst we all think it’s great to have potentially that many city fans in a stadium, the clubs ultimate motive will be corporate, VIP suites and getting those areas used on non match days. 

18 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Our stadium has been the most filled Premier League ground for several seasons running. We'd sell a lot more season tickets and would regularly sell out a 42,000 ground. It would increase revenues and raise our profile as a club, making it easier to attract players. It would enable us to keep pace with other similarly-sized clubs, many of which are planning ground extensions or have already completed them.

Apart from that, you're right - there's no point in expanding the ground...

Absolute pony

No way will we regularly sell out a 42k stadium.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Perhaps not, but businesses tend to make decisions this as part of a long-term strategy rather than short-term fluctuations in performance. Are you suggesting the club should abandon these major plans because we let a 2-0 lead slip against Brentford and have just completed our long-standing ritual of losing at Arsenal? 

• Like 1

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

Absolute pony

We already sell out a 32k stadium more or less every week and there a is a long waiting list for season tickets. if we remain a top-half Premier League team, we'd comfortably average 37-38k and would sell out for big games.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

We already sell out a 32k stadium more or less every week and there a is a long waiting list for season tickets. if we remain a top-half Premier League team, we'd comfortably average 37-38k and would sell out for big games.

These things have been going on for much longer than 2 games come on. Expensive matchday tickets behind a membership paywall to watch a largely dull and overpaid side is a hard sell. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Increase season tickets by about 3k about 2k or so more hospitality packages, 1k more away fans that's 38k ish already then match tickets, easily sell out for all the big 6 and local games like Villa, Forest, then get at least 35 for the rest. Even if we only got 32 or 33k like we do now it would be surely worth a bigger capacity for the other games? Also the rest of the expansion like hotel etc will only being in more revenue.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Absolute pony

We have many members waiting to get a season ticket, the demand will be there.

If we do have a 42k capacity and full of season ticket holders, will they all turn up every home game? Probably not but it will still increase our finances and stature.

FWIW I wasn’t against the stadium initially  but it’s dragging on and on and on. We may have struck whilst the irons hot, but I get a feeling the iron has been turned off now and is cooling rapidly.

Time will tell, but I’ll be surprised if we even got 38-39k regularly 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

43 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Not sure what the point is on the ground expansion. Struggled to sell out Southampton and United at home. Hardly speaks of needing an expansion. Certainly not with people being forced to watch the current football 👀 

Well Man U sold out and 2 tickets have been up for resale so think we are ok on that one. 

Southampton have returned 440 of their allocation, so of the original home tickets only 323 left (893 combined with the return), pretty sure most of those will go in the next few days.

Didn't think you were going anymore, why the sudden interest in tickets? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueSi13 said:

It also hasn't stopped our best players wanting to leave when I thought the idea was for it to attract/retain players.

Just my thoughts.

It will. It gives us an edge on everyone bar the top 6/7 with newcastle now in that mix.

If arsenal or chelsea were only going to pay youri/Fofana half what we do they would not want out.

The fact they will earn a million plus a year more than we can pay is the main fact. Then add european games every season. Why would they not want out they ain't fans like us.

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

FWIW I wasn’t against the stadium initially  but it’s dragging on and on and on. We may have struck whilst the irons hot, but I get a feeling the iron has been turned off now and is cooling rapidly.

What is wrong with that, means people can actually get a ticket who want one?

• Like 1

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Well Man U sold out and 2 tickets have been up for resale so think we are ok on that one. 

Southampton have returned 440 of their allocation, so of the original home tickets only 323 left (893 combined with the return), pretty sure most of those will go in the next few days.

Didn't think you were going anymore, why the sudden interest in tickets? 

Southampton made ‘people with a booking history’ whilst Villa made STH guests. 

I have no interest in tickets. I can get my hands on any ticket I want, for whichever game I want- I even made the Cup Final as a member 😘

I have an interest in the longevity of the club though and it’s future. This is relevant to it no? 

6 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Massive difference in season tickets and match day tickets though. 

If they make the season ticket prices reasonable then they will sell an extra 5-10k a season. 

I imagine the lack of raw materials and the state of the world is stopping a lot of the development. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueSi13 said:

Maybe stick a fork in this one lads.

IMO the club has made a big mistake prioritising Seagrave over expanding the stadium.  At least with the stadium expanded we'd be seeing some additional revenue.

I can only imagine Seagrave is significantly more expensive to run than Belvoir Drive.  Wait...doesn't the club still own/run that as well!?

Just my thoughts.

...Seagrave is bricks and mortar, it is who you staff it with, not what it looks like!!!

I would suspect the cost of Seagrave at the time, and the extremely low-interest rates in comparison to the extreme rise in interest rates now and the rise in the cost of materials, along with the availability of the workforce due to delayed projects, would be a reason for the delay in the progress regarding the expansion and other buildings laid out in the plans.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling Error.

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Not sure what the point is on the ground expansion. Struggled to sell out Southampton and United at home. Hardly speaks of needing an expansion. Certainly not with people being forced to watch the current football 👀 

Seeing as people who want to go on Saturday aren't even allowed to buy tickets I would say even if the demand was there the club would **** it up.