Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Our average attendance last year was 31,983 (99%) which sort of back up there is plenty of demand.

Its been 98% to 99% since our return to the PL.

I’m aware of how high it is. But that interest will wane I feel. That’s all. 

4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

A lot of the problems people have is getting tickets together.

lots that want to go but it’s rare you can get 3 tickets together 

That in itself is a farce. Or just wanting to tag on to your mates row, buying an individual ticket. There is a way round it, but it’s a case of ‘cheating’ the booking system rather than it being something that’s willingly acceptable to do. It’s a right pain in the arse 

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

Why aren’t they allowed to buy tickets? 

If you have not been to a game before you are no longer allowed to have a 1st game. 

Either you have been an attendee before or **** off essentially. 

So the exact people they will require to fill a ground extension are currently not deemed worthy enough to watch a game at the KP. 

• Haha 2

also people need to remember the average person is getting smacked by massive cost of living hike. 

Football will go on the back burner for a lot of people for a while. 

This though doesnt mean the club need to stop though if they have the money they will invest, but i imagine like everyone they dont want to pay over the odds to do it. 

and honestly who cares if we have a 1000 or so empty seats?? Why does that really matter?! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Why aren’t they allowed to buy tickets? 

I think he’s alluding to general sale not being something the club are remotely interested In. So to buy a ticket you’d need to buy a membership and then your match ticket which is ~ £70 outlay. I wholeheartedly disagree with no general sale if there are tickets unsold. It baffles me. 

ah not quite. But still. 

Edited by Manini
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

A lot of the problems people have is getting tickets together.

lots that want to go but it’s rare you can get 3 tickets together 

That's a factor yeah. But some simple maths here, we've currently got what 26K season ticket holders and rumoured around 10K members. Even if EVERY member could suddenly go every week (they won't), that still leaves us 3K short. I was previously gagging for an expansion but a lot of the decisions taken by the club around ticketing have been very questionable. Memberships for example have gone from a premium product which gave you a genuine pre sale period ahead of those that don't, to a pure pay wall which you HAVE to have to buy a ticket. The club left tickets go unsold in Europe last season rather than putting them on general sale, and that seems to be propagating into home games now too. 

Just now, goose2010 said:

And honestly who cares if we have a 1000 or so empty seats?? Why does that really matter?! 

It matters because if I hadn't taken my 5 year old to the Randers and Rennes games because I realised the situation, he wouldn't be able to go to any games this season.

New fans are the lifeblood of a club, and Leicester could be missing out on a generation.

• Like 1

At the end of the day, there is no other sources for off-pitch growth for the club in revenue in its current state. Even if there was a refurbishment of the ground, the capacity and facility will be broadly the same. The overall package of the expansion and additional facilities will give us the space to grow, irrelevant of how often we will fill the stadium in the short term. It’s not like we’re building a brand new stadium from scratch in the middle of nowhere like Coventry or Darlington. 

Aside from getting bought out by a sugar daddy this is the one of the very few ways we can go.

Is it not better to have the space to develop rather than just saying we don’t make enough as it is so there’s no point?

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Our attendance % has been around about that level ever since 2014/15 though, I don’t think now is when it is suddenly going drop off massively

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

That's a factor yeah. But some simple maths here, we've currently got what 26K season ticket holders and rumoured around 10K members. Even if EVERY member could suddenly go every week (they won't), that still leaves us 3K short. I was previously gagging for an expansion but a lot of the decisions taken by the club around ticketing have been very questionable. Memberships for example have gone from a premium product which gave you a genuine pre sale period ahead of those that don't, to a pure pay wall which you HAVE to have to buy a ticket. The club left tickets go unsold in Europe last season rather than putting them on general sale, and that seems to be propagating into home games now too. 

It's not quite that bad, you only have to have a ticketing membership (create a free account on the website)

Membership gets you access one stage before general (ticket account) sale - but this year they are tiering access on points on top of that.

For me, I don't have 30+ or 50+ priority points as I worked on Saturdays for ten years. So paying for a membership isn't worth it for me, I'll just keep sniping tickets for unpopular fixtures where I can until paid membership will give me a proper advantage and a chance to see the Category A games.

9 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

That in itself is a farce. Or just wanting to tag on to your mates row, buying an individual ticket. There is a way round it, but it’s a case of ‘cheating’ the booking system rather than it being something that’s willingly acceptable to do. It’s a right pain in the arse 

It's not in all the time we've been back in the Premier League, if we want this club to grow and be the best it can be... we need these works. Otherwise we are bottlenecked by poor revenue stream.

Just now, Lako42 said:

I just can't get my head around the fact that this club is willing to turn new fans away. 

It genuinely blows my mind that say a couple and their young child could turn up at the ticket office this afternoon to buy 3 tickets as their little one is foxes mad and be told they are not welcome, despite tickets being available. 

I bet they would like them to stop by the club shop and buy some of the grossly overpriced shit they sell though. 

The club is drifting further and further away from us. 

If the game's not sold out, anyone should be able to walk up on the day and try their luck

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Massive difference in season tickets and match day tickets though. 

If they make the season ticket prices reasonable then they will sell an extra 5-10k a season. 

I imagine the lack of raw materials and the state of the world is stopping a lot of the development. 

The pricing structure is deliberately angled in favour of ST holders it gives the club money up front, with the expansion people who have no chance of going to every game will be tempted to buy a ST as it'll be cheaper and easier over the season. They'll also pull in family/friends  into getting a ST so they can guarantee sitting together.

1 minute ago, davieG said:

The pricing structure is deliberately angled in favour of ST holders it gives the club money up front, with the expansion people who have no chance of going to every game will be tempted to buy a ST as it'll be cheaper and easier over the season. They'll also pull in family/friends  into getting a ST so they can guarantee sitting together.

...because f*** anybody without the time and money to go every week

Just now, Bourbon Fox said:

...because f*** anybody without the time and money to go every week

I don't know what the current balance is but some time back I worked out that you only needed to make 10 games to make it worth while having ST. You've then got hassle free attendance plus you could also sell on your ticket for less than the matchday price and still come out on the the plus side.

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

also people need to remember the average person is getting smacked by massive cost of living hike. 

Football will go on the back burner for a lot of people for a while. 

This though doesnt mean the club need to stop though if they have the money they will invest, but i imagine like everyone they dont want to pay over the odds to do it. 

and honestly who cares if we have a 1000 or so empty seats?? Why does that really matter?! 

....if those seats belong to ticket holders then we have already had the revenue and the club is not losing out!!!

If however, they are failing to sell these seats, that is a lot of revenue being lost due to poor planning. If the average ticket price for those 1000 seats is £30 each then that would be £30 x 1000 x19 =£ 570,000.00 per year, that is money that could be used to offset utilities or other expenses. A packed ground is a better atmosphere and gives the feeling that you are attending something special as more people would want to come in but can't.

Had it with the ticket office last week, went to upgrade sons ST for midweek matches against Man U and Leeds to be told we can only upgrade 4 times a season.

Told her we'd leave it and have an empty seat when she tried pushing the resale platform for £6 a ticket refund....that they will sell on for £40+ each game.

Would rather have the extra leg room lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....if those seats belong to ticket holders then we have already had the revenue and the club is not losing out!!!

If however, they are failing to sell these seats, that is a lot of revenue being lost due to poor planning. If the average ticket price for those 1000 seats is £30 each then that would be £30 x 1000 x19 =£ 570,000.00 per year, that is money that could be used to offset utilities or other expenses. A packed ground is a better atmosphere and gives the feeling that you are attending something special as more people would want to come in but can't.

its not poor planning though. If we increase to 40,000 and we then sell out every week people will be moaning they should have gone to 45,000. If we dont sell out every week they will get hammered for wasting the money and not selling out every week....

I imagine a lot of strategical planning goes into place and they don't just pluck a number out of thin air. 

I honestly don't understand the club with this you cant buy a ticket unless you have already been to a game that is utter madness and surely needs explaining BUT it does certainly feel like its let's see what else we can moaning about what the club is doing wrong at the minute currently on here. 

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

I don't know what the current balance is but some time back I worked out that you only needed to make 10 games to make it worth while having ST. You've then got hassle free attendance plus you could also sell on your ticket for less than the matchday price and still come out on the the plus side.

Looking at it, it's about 10 games give or take.

I think my point stands though, it feels like if you're not able to do that at a minimum the club isn't interested.

41 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

FWIW I wasn’t against the stadium initially  but it’s dragging on and on and on. We may have struck whilst the irons hot, but I get a feeling the iron has been turned off now and is cooling rapidly.

Time will tell, but I’ll be surprised if we even got 38-39k regularly 

The owners aren't thinking short term, they are thinking in terms of decades with their plans. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Looking at it, it's about 10 games give or take.

I think my point stands though, it feels like if you're not able to do that at a minimum the club isn't interested.

I was thinking more after the expansion when there will presumably be a large number of new ST available. Of course it's dangerous to second guess how the pricing structure will be then.