Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

2 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Southampton made ‘people with a booking history’ whilst Villa made STH guests. 

I have no interest in tickets. I can get my hands on any ticket I want, for whichever game I want- I even made the Cup Final as a member 😘

I have an interest in the longevity of the club though and it’s future. This is relevant to it no? 

As long as your ok feck everyone else.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I'd be hopeful with a bigger stadium we could have more affordable seating, lowering prices a touch and still creating good profits 

It’s nice to dream but the only way that happens is if a league wide cap comes in like the £30 away tickets or attendances drop massively

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

I don't understand why some empty seats frighten people so much.

Exactly. 

We're losing a massive opportunity to expand the fanbase as the daytripper>regular/member>STH pipeline is falling at the first hurdle. Expand the stadium, most of those new seats will be taken every game (for some fixtures, we'll still sell out) and capture an extra 3-4,000 matchgoing fans than you normally would. Plus the daytrippers are the ones who are more likely to spend in the club shop/concourse for their day out, so there's extra revenue from those sources as well. Right now, that's just being missed entirely.

Empty seats aren't an issue at all, and most of the existing structure will remain 98+% full even after expansion anyway.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

I'd be hopeful with a bigger stadium we could have more affordable seating, lowering prices a touch and still creating good profits 

They wont lower them but it could mean a couple or 3yrs without an increase.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Has anyone explained that the stadium expansion is less about the 8k extra seats and more about the expanded corporate section and ability to generate money outside of match day?

17 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Has anyone explained that the stadium expansion is less about the 8k extra seats and more about the expanded corporate section and ability to generate money outside of match day?

It’s pointless explaining the obvious to some on here. They need a reason to moan. 

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
17 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

It’s pointless explaining the obvious to some on here. They need a reason to moan. 

Theyre moaning in the transfer forum about our inability to spend loads of money though aren't they.

2 hours ago, LCWFCJ said:

It’s nice to dream but the only way that happens is if a league wide cap comes in like the £30 away tickets or attendances drop massively

With energy bills hitting 4 Grand on top of everything else I believe football attendance is not likely to be top of everyone's priorities in the future.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, jerry said:

With energy bills hitting 4 Grand on top of everything else I believe football attendance is not likely to be top of everyone's priorities in the future.

I wouldn't worry to much about that. After this winter it will find it's level again. You can't get blood out of a stone.

The system can't handle the amount of people that are not going to be able to pay the Bill's. So we either get a reset or become a third world nation overnight.

15 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I wouldn't worry to much about that. After this winter it will find it's level again. You can't get blood out of a stone.

The system can't handle the amount of people that are not going to be able to pay the Bill's. So we either get a reset or become a third world nation overnight.

I admire your optimism.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

Maybe stick a fork in this one lads.

IMO the club has made a big mistake prioritising Seagrave over expanding the stadium.  At least with the stadium expanded we'd be seeing some additional revenue.

I can only imagine Seagrave is significantly more expensive to run than Belvoir Drive.  Wait...doesn't the club still own/run that as well!?

It also hasn't stopped our best players wanting to leave when I thought the idea was for it to attract/retain players.

Just my thoughts.

How much is the old training ground worth to a buyer you reckon?

18 hours ago, MattFox said:

Basically everyone apart from Bournemouth and Fulham could get 40000 on a good day

If Bournemouth were a regular prem side and built their ground up gradually their attendance would rocket. Only Saints and Pompey anywhere near them and still they are 30 miles away. Look at Brentford, they were getting 6-7k less than ten years ago and are now getting 20k in the prem. A bigger ground means more fans, simples. Fulham being a London club in a fashionable area could easily get bigger crowds aswell.

19 hours ago, Babylon said:

The owners aren't thinking short term, they are thinking in terms of decades with their plans. 

It's a pity they didn't think long-term when they gave out ridiculous contracts and wages to mediocre players, that have ended with the present no buying until selling scenario, we now find ourselves in. Rank amateurism.

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

It's a pity they didn't think long-term when they gave out ridiculous contracts and wages to mediocre players, that have ended with the present no buying until selling scenario, we now find ourselves in. Rank amateurism.

True, and we should've prioritised the stadium expansion over Seagrave. After the PL win, we were the most popular team in Britain and attracting fans wouldn't have been an issue. 

• Like 1