Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

33 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Would that be the remainder of the construction? I thought we'd originally took 2x loans out for the training ground including 1x for stadium. I always thought the cost would be around double that of the first loan. 

Only our council could look a gift horse in the mouth like this. An entire area of the city being regenerated, via private funding so no cost to them.

Like you say, hopefully its a formality, but the way things are unravelling at the minute I wouldn't hold my breath!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thesilverfox said:

Only our council could look a gift horse in the mouth like this. An entire area of the city being regenerated, via private funding so no cost to them.

Like you say, hopefully its a formality, but the way things are unravelling at the minute I wouldn't hold my breath!

not forgetting the income they'll derive from it without having provide hardly any support services, money in the bank for them. Maybe they want some affordable housing or student accommodation included:ph34r:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, davieG said:

not forgetting the income they'll derive from it without having provide hardly any support services, money in the bank for them. Maybe they want some affordable housing or student accommodation included:ph34r:

Or cycle lanes

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, thesilverfox said:

I couldn't have said it any better. Strange times lately, feels like and player transfer, manager issue or infrastructure build could go sideways at any minute. 

17 minutes ago, davieG said:

I think the residential block in the plans is more likely to be an issue. 

4 hours ago, KFS said:

Does this compound financial issues? I’m not well read enough on ffp simply because I think it’s a farce. Someone said infrastructure investment gets written off? Is that true? 

....it does not impact FFP, it will not be in any way written off on our books!!!

What the buildings along with the expansion will then become an increase as part of our fixed assets on our balance sheet, increasing the value of the business, with the loan amortized (paid back to the bank, say £20m a year, and showing on our balance sheet as a reduction on the loan) over a period say 5 years.

I would believe that the delay has cost us a pretty penny, due to higher interest rates and the rise in the materials needed.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling Error.
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Yeah currently provisionally on that date will be confirmed the week before the meeting

Expected attendees 

https://cabinet.leicester.gov.uk/mgMeetingAttendance.aspx?ID=11959

Will any decisions be made? Is there going to be a vote to decide if approval will be given? Or is it a cosy chat with tea and the good biscuits? (and expenses, obviously). 

The Seagrave meeting and vote was streamed live. Not sure if this one will be. 

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Will any decisions be made? Is there going to be a vote to decide if approval will be given? Or is it a cosy chat with tea and the good biscuits? (and expenses, obviously). 

The Seagrave meeting and vote was streamed live. Not sure if this one will be. 

Decisions do tend to be made at these meetings, I believe it won’t be live but video coverage and minutes will be provided afterwards 

1 hour ago, Plastik Man said:

I think the residential block in the plans is more likely to be an issue. 

They'll get plenty of Council Tax from them with little or no services provided so I 'd have thought that was an easy ok.

5 hours ago, thesilverfox said:

The website is now showing that this is going to the committee meeting on 14th September!

Fingers crossed some good news incoming..

https://planning.leicester.gov.uk/Planning/Display/20212673

Actual news relating to the stadium application :jawdrop:

Although, before we get too excited - haven't all the other meetings since Feb been cancelled?

4 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Actual news relating to the stadium application :jawdrop:

Although, before we get too excited - haven't all the other meetings since Feb been cancelled?

The last one was the 3rd of August, with the next planned for Wednesday 24th August 

https://leicester.public-i.tv/core/portal/webcast_interactive/691647

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

The last one was the 3rd of August, with the next planned for Wednesday 24th August 

https://leicester.public-i.tv/core/portal/webcast_interactive/691647

Cheers. That comment I saw re the postponed meetings was pre 31st July, and I've skipped a few pages of this thread as it's digressed....

Edited by FoyleFox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, K1Keith said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-king-power-stadium-expansion-7495664

Do we actually think there is a chance of us getting a decision from this date? if so would it be a case of right lets get cracking straight away , is it that quick. 

Also are the public allowed to attend or just councillors 

Don't know but we can stand outside with banners and drums. I've got my bedsheet all done and ready to go. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Received this today. No, I won't be speaking at the meeting. Its a nailed on foregone conclusion now so let's move on with some positivity. 

The clubs recruitment will likely have taken a battering over recent months and this pattern would normally carry on until the next window with other clubs. 

There are three positives next year. 1. We are moving players on. 2. We can buy players.  3. We will have far more pulling power with signing players with construction of the stadium expansion underway along with the training ground (refer to how it meant for our latest recruit when he entered seagrave).

Screenshot_20220902-143926_Office.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I could understand the council being circumspect in their deliberations if they hadn't presided over the rest of the city becoming a student infested,high density housing, dump. Surely this is a marquee project for the City and should have been fast tracked through. 

• Like 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate
3 minutes ago, somebum said:

"The year is 2030, and Leicester city manager Brendan Rodgers is delighted to hear that the board have decided to cut the grass and do some weeding at the King Power Stadium despite the cost involved"

brno8.jpg

Is that one of the old Prague grounds?