Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Sounds like still a bit of waiting

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

You'd have thought the club had already given plenty with the many donations to the hospital and other community projects plus all the stuff they did for free during the pandemic making use of all the staff they didn't furlough without being too nitpicky.

You'd also think a club of our size and stature would have already thought about this too, and be ready to provide such information. 

Well, you'd hope so lol 

It's not hard really to think of all the reasons why it would be good for the community. Thousands of jobs, extra tourism and footfall into the city, therefore extra income...

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

You'd have thought the club had already given plenty with the many donations to the hospital and other community projects plus all the stuff they did for free during the pandemic making use of all the staff they didn't furlough without being too nitpicky.

Could add stocks, for use of punishing minor crimes and on a match day great entertainment :D

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

You'd also think a club of our size and stature would have already thought about this too, and be ready to provide such information. 

I believe it's up to the council to say how they want any money spent so maybe they haven't decided yet, either they don't know, they were waiting for it to get approval or like so many of their meetings they've not had one to discus it.

1 minute ago, ithuriel said:

Could add stocks, for use of punishing minor crimes and on a match day great entertainment :D

I think Rodgers will be otherwise engaged.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

The same club that allowed multi storey development directly next to their ground 🤣 

It's a real shame, the County should've moved back there, developed a decent modern ground close to the football ground. 

With the cricket and football seasons overlapping more and more we'd have even more games moved.

52 minutes ago, davieG said:

Surely we intend to bury King Brendan under the extended car park?  That is giving back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pisses me of the council demanding money from the club . In my mind the council should be contributing towards the development. 20+ games a seaon along with concerts,conferences etc would be filling hotels,pubs and restaurants for a big chunk of the year contributing millions towards the local economy .

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Pisses me of the council demanding money from the club . In my mind the council should be contributing towards the development. 20+ games a seaon along with concerts,conferences etc would be filling hotels,pubs and restaurants for a big chunk of the year contributing millions towards the local economy .

Typical City Council, I'm afraid. Get lost Soulessby and your cronies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To be clear the council aren’t demanding money from the club-S106 is a legal requirement (sometimes it’s now called CIL though the two are slightly different) which acts a bit like a tax on developers so they contribute to the construction of any infrastructure that might be affected by the project. It’s to ensure developers take responsibility for the wider impact of their development.

With major housing developments it tends to be about providing money for schools, community centres, parks etc 

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

Pretty sure every council do it, I once wrote to my local MP after a few large warehouses were built in the village and the local library was about to close, he said they were forced to contribute to local infrastructure such as roads and services

44 minutes ago, los dedos said:

£14 million was mentioned as being that estimated figure earlier 

• Like 1

Very exciting news. Any development in the city that is not student accommodation is worthy of attention. However, we as a football club are no better than any other organisation. The cricket ground in question is historic, hosting the first ever Indian national team on tour for instance. And for those demanding/suggesting the council contribute, how on earth would that work? The city council, as most local authorities are, is in a poor financial state, from what I understand. The next financial year they will be starting out with a very large deficit due to cuts, from central government. Nonetheless, this is not a political post, this is a post that should remind everyone that we as a football club are not the sole entity in the area and whilst this is an exciting development for us and the local community, we don’t have an entitlement over the area. 

• Like 2