Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

10 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Is there an official announcement about this anywhere?

Not as yet, We only have the webcast video where they voted earlier on the official council website and the planning application has been updated to conditional approval 

https://planning.leicester.gov.uk/Planning/Display/20212673

Edited by jammie82uk

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Sounds like still a bit of waiting

I would be massively concerned if the architects/KP/solicitors hadn't agreed a 106 obligation.

I'd be further concerned if they hadn't covered the payment triggers and particularly the agreed elements of things to be addressed before works can commence.

I don't think Jordan Blackwell has a clue especially referring the appeals process which is unhead of in this case.

• Like 1

I know this is slightly off topic but why on earth don't we have stand names? 

When the stadium opened we had the Lineker Stand and then we sold our souls for sponsors. Now we just have north east south west. 

Least this expansion gives the stadium much needed character. I thought the title season gave that to the stadium but we've done anything but build on that as fans. Hopefully this will give us that chance. 

24 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Yearly ?

Yes, yearly, they want the area to be used on a daily basis, one counsellor even asked if the fan zone could be used for events not attached to football activities, the chairperson replied that was out of the remit of the planning committee but as Susan Whelan was present in room he was sure she will take that suggestion on board 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

When the stadium opened we had the Lineker Stand and then we sold our souls for sponsors. Now we just have north east south west. 

Least this expansion gives the stadium much needed character. I thought the title season gave that to the stadium but we've done anything but build on that as fans. Hopefully this will give us that chance. 

Yeh it’s so weird we had the Gary Lineker stand but scrapped it after a few years. 

They’re not even sponsored anymore. Give them better names. 

51 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

One will be the Vichai one won’t it. Will always be him over any player whilst the current ownership is here.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

Because it gets in the way of promoting the King Power brand there is very little outside or the playing area of the stadium that reflects anything about our footballing history. There’s a few photos in the concourses and that’s about it. The banners were removed to put King Power up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

One will be the Vichai one won’t it. Will always be him over any player whilst the current ownership is here.

Chelsea still have the mathew Harding stand. Vichai work for me and after all he gave us he should be remembered as much as any ex player.

6 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Has there been any more news if we were granted 5 years as opposed to 3 for how long the plans are valid for?

I wonder when we will realistically start this with the appeal process apparently taking around 6 weeks.

5 years to start the work.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Also, the South Stand, aka The Spion Kop, was originally named the Fosse Stand. Much, much better than what we have now. We left the SK back at Filbert Street and to call what we have now a Kop is just ridiculous and embarrassing. 

• Like 2