Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

11 hours ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

To be clear the council aren’t demanding money from the club-S106 is a legal requirement (sometimes it’s now called CIL though the two are slightly different) which acts a bit like a tax on developers so they contribute to the construction of any infrastructure that might be affected by the project. It’s to ensure developers take responsibility for the wider impact of their development.

With major housing developments it tends to be about providing money for schools, community centres, parks etc 

Maybe they will contribute towards a station on the Ivanhoe line.  Looks increasingly likely it will re-open and it should include a station at the stadium. 

13 hours ago, Silva Fox said:

I hope this gets as much media coverage as the fact that we spent the least amount in the transfer window!

Yeah  - We need Ric to give the Club the heads up on potential European Building Companies.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

So a statue, a garden, pictures on the stadium AND probably a stand named after him? 

There are some on here who think that wouldn't be at all over the top. 

I mean for starters the pictures wont be there after the expansion. The garden whilst named after him is to commemorate a horrific moment and the lives of others too. 

When I die i'll have been luckier than most of my friends, family etc, i'll have seen my football club win the Premier League and compete in the Champions League against all odds. I'd let them call it whatever the **** they want and not give it a second thought. If he was still here i'd let the man paint my garden fence gold if he asked nicely lol 

I'm sure the club will manage situations like this as well as they always have done. Also as i've said above I imagine the stadium naming rights will change, which i'm sure you'd be significantly more pissed off about and probably begging for a Vichai stand instead....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I mean for starters the pictures wont be there after the expansion. The garden whilst named after him is to commemorate a horrific moment and the lives of others too. 

When I die i'll have been luckier than most of my friends, family etc, i'll have seen my football club win the Premier League and compete in the Champions League against all odds. I'd let them call it whatever the **** they want and not give it a second thought. If he was still here i'd let the man paint my garden fence gold if he asked nicely lol 

I'm sure the club will manage situations like this as well as they always have done. Also as i've said above I imagine the stadium naming rights will change, which i'm sure you'd be significantly more pissed off about and probably begging for a Vichai stand instead....

I have no problem with it being King Power Stadium, the statue or the memorial gardens but it doesn't mean there can't be other football related imagery like a Star Walk or stone masks in the walls etc it's not a case of one or the other there's plenty of space for other memories.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Vichai died a hero to this city and he should absolutely be commemorated, I'm not disputing that. However, the club has 138 years worth of history and we've had England's world cup winning goalkeeper, England's second all-time top goal scorer who also led a consortium which effectively stopped the club from going out of existence, we've won several promotions, three league cups, a league title and an FA Cup, as well as having had many great players. Vichai is a significant part of our history, but he is not our entire history. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

His face is already on the stadium and there is a garden named after him.

Is his portrait still on the stadium? I haven't seen it this season, unless I just missed it. I approach the stadium from the North East and there used to be one on the Family stand IIRC.

Edited by AKCJ

9 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Is his portrait still on the stadium? I haven't seen it this season, unless I just missed it. I approach the stadium from the North East and there used to be one on the Family stand IIRC.

I thought it was still there? If not, I’m sure the statue is a suitable replacement.

11 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

One will be the Vichai one won’t it. Will always be him over any player whilst the current ownership is here.

7 hours ago, sylofox said:

Chelsea still have the mathew Harding stand. Vichai work for me and after all he gave us he should be remembered as much as any ex player.

I always said a stand name is fine for an owner. Chelsea have the Harding stand but their only statue is of Osgood.

People will always argue over this sort of thing but it's criminal we don't acknowledge our former players, especially when Banks/Shilton/Lineker are considered among the Countries greatest ever players.... and they played for us!!

• Like 1