Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

19 minutes ago, BenTayfour said:

Does anyone has a modded picture that shows an expansion on the whole stands and not only one stand ?.

I would like too see how it would look with that glass canopy rounding the whole stadium.

All of the drawings are on the planning website available to download in pdf

33 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Do we have the funds for this and will it still go ahead if we are relegated? (Sorry to sound so negative but just being realistic)

KP have already spent min £3 mil+ on architects fees alone excluding solicitors fees and including buying the power station land. 

Highly doubt this won't be started within a matter of weeks if not a month or two max

Edit: not including power land buy

Edited by UHDrive
Factual

42 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Do we have the funds for this and will it still go ahead if we are relegated? (Sorry to sound so negative but just being realistic)

This question was asked at the webinar when the application was submitted. Susan Whelan with a wry smile said that it would but I don't think relegation was really in anyone's mind at that time. 

4 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

This question was asked at the webinar when the application was submitted. Susan Whelan with a wry smile said that it would but I don't think relegation was really in anyone's mind at that time. 

Loans are already in place for the stadium. I'm not aware of whether they cover the entire amount (doubt it) but i know that that it is a minimum of £100 mil from memory). In essence this is a long term strategic asset with everything now in place so it would be slightly odd if it wasn't started shortly.

Original rumours the new East Stand would include improved changing rooms and media facilities, with the West Stand becoming an LCFC museum?

This looks a spectacular development but you can't help but thinking the rest of the ground will have to eventually grow to match it.

1 hour ago, Jaspa said:

Original rumours the new East Stand would include improved changing rooms and media facilities, with the West Stand becoming an LCFC museum?

This looks a spectacular development but you can't help but thinking the rest of the ground will have to eventually grow to match it.

Sorry to burst your bubble but there are no plans for a museum. 

East Stand stays with a superficial uplift I'd imagine. North and south stand entrances are being extended outwards to run inline with the east stand wraparound and bars/toilets repositioned and renovated. Proposed west stand is completely new and will hold none of the existing West stand.

4 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but there are no plans for a museum. 

East Stand stays with a superficial uplift I'd imagine. North and south stand entrances are being extended outwards to run inline with the east stand wraparound and bars/toilets repositioned and renovated. Proposed west stand is completely new and will hold none of the existing West stand.

Museum is potentially going in the same building as the fanstore

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Museum is potentially going in the same building as the fanstore

I looked at the size of the fan store and it doesn't look big enough to house the museum part however big or small. I would've thought it would be better placed in or around the conference/arena.

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

I looked at the size of the fan store and it doesn't look big enough to house the museum part however big or small. I would've thought it would be better placed in or around the conference/arena.

The museum will likely only feature things from 2010, so I doubt it will be that big.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I dunno I still think it looks pretty big - I think you could get the fanstore and a decent sized museum in there, could easily stick another floor on it as well 

6177e0f27ea67.jpg

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 4