Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

2 hours ago, iancognito said:

Presumably this was Premier league level of TV money though. Which currently doesn't look secure funding to repay. 

2 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Presumably this was Premier league level of TV money though. Which currently doesn't look secure funding to repay. 

If you read the article, it states the loan would be paid back from parachute payments instead. Given all the players we'd end up flogging, it'd be covered anyway. It's another reason why I'm amazed they're being so relaxed about being bottom.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, iancognito said:

If you read the article, it states the loan would be paid back from parachute payments instead. Given all the players we'd end up flogging, it'd be covered anyway. It's another reason why I'm amazed they're being so relaxed about being bottom.

... I  have said it many times, the club have already stated the plans to service the loans, were accouted for, when the first loan was taken out!!!

Relegation was not going to a block to developing our infrastructure. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... I  have said it many times, the club have already stated the plans to service the loans, were accouted for, when the first loan was taken out!!!

Relegation was not going to a block to developing our infrastructure. 

Yes, a lot of people seem to think we've eroded our transfer budget for this when the opposite is true. The revenue from it is designed to aid the budget.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, los dedos said:

I know the club have other things to worry about. But have they said anything about gaining planning permission.  

No timeline of construction or updated start/finish date .🤷‍♂️

I haven't seen any announcement from the club following the planning approval. You'd think they'd take the opportunity to add a smidgeon of positivity. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I haven't seen any announcement from the club following the planning approval. You'd think they'd take the opportunity to add a smidgeon of positivity. 

It has been approved but it’s still a pending decision, the section 106 has still got to be agreed on, signed and filed then it’s confirmed, if somehow they can’t agree on the section 106 then the whole thing is off and approval will be revoked 

23 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Sunderland got relegated twice even to League 1 when they built their new stadium. It could be a millstone if we get relegated and don’t come back quickly from it. 

It’s owned by KP l believe so I presume we just pay a rent to use it, if the worst did happen I’d like to think that KP we’re back in business post pandemic and would carry the cost. Assuming I’m correct.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

They read on here that people think we shouldn't expand as we won't fill it every week so have cancelled all plans to expand until we join the European Super League.

Just a rumour though, don't quote me on it!

You better hope a Sun or Daily Mail sports journalist:ph34r: does not see this.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-63427780.amp?fbclid=IwAR0prJPZq9NAC39S7aBpqRC86-oXn6XvDupvJz6SqDA_z4pZ8AaNlXlxuoQ

Plan to reopen Ivanhoe Line backed by businesses
By Jennifer Harby
BBC News
29 October 2022
A railway line
IMAGE SOURCE,GETTY IMAGES
Image caption,
Network Rail is studying the costs and benefits

A bid to reopen a passenger railway line which was closed as part of the Beeching cuts has been backed by business leaders.

The Ivanhoe Line, between Burton-upon-Trent and Leicester, was closed to passenger trains in the 1960s.

A campaign to restore the 31-mile (50km) route saw it selected as part in the government's £500m Restoring Your Railway programme.

The East Midlands Chamber said it hoped the project could be brought to life.

The Ivanhoe line has been the focus of numerous campaigns to reopen it since it was closed to passengers following a report written by Dr Richard Beeching.

In June the Campaign for Reopening the Ivanhoe Line (CRIL), saw its project chosen, as one of nine from 39 schemes, to move on to the next stage by the Department for Transport.

Network Rail will now provide funding to conduct a detailed study of the costs of construction and scrutinise the benefits as part of a full outline business case.

If this confirms the line's viability, it will carry out design work and, subject to Government approval, work could begin in mid-2024 with a 2026 opening date.

'Economic boost'
East Midlands Chamber chief executive Scott Knowles said: "Following the monumental efforts from the CRIL team of volunteers to reopen this historic railway line, bringing the project into the scope of Network Rail is a welcoming development and will raise hopes it can be brought to life.

"While there is still a long way to go, bringing this important rail route back to life would provide a boost to the economy for the many communities along the route.

"The proposed Leicester South station, meanwhile, would complement Leicester City's plans for an expanded King Power Stadium and wider development scheme."

CRIL's business liaison manager Stacey Ash said: "The decision to take our project to the next stage is a fantastic boost for the communities along the Ivanhoe Line, which could benefit from improved journey times and better connectivity across the region."

A Network Rail spokesperson said: "We welcome the opportunity to work with all stakeholders along the line to further develop the business case to justify the reopening of the Ivanhoe Line to passengers, building on the work done so far by CRIL."

2026 opening sounds very feasible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-63427780.amp?fbclid=IwAR0prJPZq9NAC39S7aBpqRC86-oXn6XvDupvJz6SqDA_z4pZ8AaNlXlxuoQ

Plan to reopen Ivanhoe Line backed by businesses
By Jennifer Harby
BBC News
29 October 2022
A railway line
IMAGE SOURCE,GETTY IMAGES
Image caption,
Network Rail is studying the costs and benefits

A bid to reopen a passenger railway line which was closed as part of the Beeching cuts has been backed by business leaders.

The Ivanhoe Line, between Burton-upon-Trent and Leicester, was closed to passenger trains in the 1960s.

A campaign to restore the 31-mile (50km) route saw it selected as part in the government's £500m Restoring Your Railway programme.

The East Midlands Chamber said it hoped the project could be brought to life.

The Ivanhoe line has been the focus of numerous campaigns to reopen it since it was closed to passengers following a report written by Dr Richard Beeching.

In June the Campaign for Reopening the Ivanhoe Line (CRIL), saw its project chosen, as one of nine from 39 schemes, to move on to the next stage by the Department for Transport.

Network Rail will now provide funding to conduct a detailed study of the costs of construction and scrutinise the benefits as part of a full outline business case.

If this confirms the line's viability, it will carry out design work and, subject to Government approval, work could begin in mid-2024 with a 2026 opening date.

'Economic boost'
East Midlands Chamber chief executive Scott Knowles said: "Following the monumental efforts from the CRIL team of volunteers to reopen this historic railway line, bringing the project into the scope of Network Rail is a welcoming development and will raise hopes it can be brought to life.

"While there is still a long way to go, bringing this important rail route back to life would provide a boost to the economy for the many communities along the route.

"The proposed Leicester South station, meanwhile, would complement Leicester City's plans for an expanded King Power Stadium and wider development scheme."

CRIL's business liaison manager Stacey Ash said: "The decision to take our project to the next stage is a fantastic boost for the communities along the Ivanhoe Line, which could benefit from improved journey times and better connectivity across the region."

A Network Rail spokesperson said: "We welcome the opportunity to work with all stakeholders along the line to further develop the business case to justify the reopening of the Ivanhoe Line to passengers, building on the work done so far by CRIL."

Although not as high on the priority list as the Ivanhoe Line, there are also plans to reopen the Great Central line from Northampton, with stops in Rugby, Lutterworth, and and Broughton Astley. I am not sure if that would include a linkup to the proposed Leicester South station.

30 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Although not as high on the priority list as the Ivanhoe Line, there are also plans to reopen the Great Central line from Northampton, with stops in Rugby, Lutterworth, and and Broughton Astley. I am not sure if that would include a linkup to the proposed Leicester South station.

There's also people campaigning for a direct link to Coventry but both of these are just wishes from campaigning groups.

Leicester is the poorest served of the 'big' cities when it comes to transport links especially railways.

Add to this the continuing pressure to improve the A5 through Leicester especially near Hinckley.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not sure if it's been posted on here but I was told last night we've not heard anything due to Electricity Sports digging their heels in due to the Stand and new surrounding areas I.e. the Arena, hotel etc blocking sunlight to their pitch. 

Edit: Yes I know the green light has been given.. 

Edited by Ashley
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Not sure if it's been posted on here but I was told last night we've not heard anything due to Electricity Sports digging their heels in due to the Stand and new surrounding areas I.e. the Arena, hotel etc blocking sunlight to their pitch. 

Wouldn't any appeal be in the public domain? Not sure what the time frame is to lodge an appeal.

Although full planning permission has been given for the East Stand development, the seven buildings only have outline approval. As we know, one can't go ahead without the other and the sports club might be able to cause a problem when it comes to the granting of full permission. The club might be wary of this. 

If there's any truth to this then perhaps its about some sort of compensation. 

:dunno:

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

More then likely holding out for a bit of a pay off.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

Didn't they sell some land? So 5/6 storey tower blocks was built right next to them 

• Like 1