Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

27 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Wouldn't any appeal be in the public domain? Not sure what the time frame is to lodge an appeal.

Although full planning permission has been given for the East Stand development, the seven buildings only have outline approval. As we know, one can't go ahead without the other and the sports club might be able to cause a problem when it comes to the granting of full permission. The club might be wary of this. 

If there's any truth to this then perhaps its about some sort of compensation. 

:dunno:

To have taken it to the committee stage and been approved, any light/noise/environmental impact assessments would have been assessed and been approved. 

This is about money and contributions under the s106 which SHOULDVE been negotiated a long time ago...imo of course.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

Not sure if it's been posted on here but I was told last night we've not heard anything due to Electricity Sports digging their heels in due to the Stand and new surrounding areas I.e. the Arena, hotel etc blocking sunlight to their pitch. 

Edit: Yes I know the green light has been given.. 

it’s not this, the issue is sorting out the S106 and negotiations are still ongoing, this development is not going to stop because 1 wicket is going to be effected at most for a couple of minutes 

• 1 month later...
Just now, K1Keith said:

Does anyone in the know have any more updates or information? Its gone very quiet. They wont be holding back due to on the field results as this will be seen as a different project and already have the money secured.

They will not have ring fenced money for this , this looks to be delayed till who knows when.

2 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

I assume all the “the owners need to sell up” brigade don’t want this project to happen?

Not if we’re in the championship. Literally zero point in progressing with a bigger stadium if we’re relegated. 

Even if you back the owners surely you can see the pint of view of others? The club is being mismanaged. 

30 minutes ago, K1Keith said:

They secured a £100M+ load for the project didn't they ?

Look I'm desperate for the club to proceed on this project and I've commented a lot on it already. The fact is that the construction cost for the whole site will be at a minimum 3x the loan that they have initially secured and of which and like all other loans is taken out against KP and saddling the debt against the club. 

It's very unusual that this planning agreement hasn't been agreed yet as well as and the concern as a supporter for me is weighing up everything else going on with the club against the massive cost of this infrastructure project. As I said above its very, very unusual and brings into question the club as a whole. It pains me to be negative about our club but frankly everything does mostly appear to be negative.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Doesn't make much sense expanding the stadium if we're playing in the championship. 

But we're not playing in the Championship. Last time I checked we were in the Premier League.

I keep seeing this argument pop up and it's a pointless one. You can't just not invest in the infrastructure of the club because at some point in the future we could get relegated.

At this moment in time, we are a Premier League club, and if the rumours of loans are to be believed, the money has already been secured for the project. The longer it's delayed the more expensive it will become. Now is the time to progress with it

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

But we're not playing in the Championship. Last time I checked we were in the Premier League.

I keep seeing this argument pop up and it's a pointless one. You can't just not invest in the infrastructure of the club because at some point in the future we could get relegated.

At this moment in time, we are a Premier League club, and if the rumours of loans are to be believed, the money has already been secured for the project. The longer it's delayed the more expensive it will become. Now is the time to progress with it

By that argument why aren’t we investing in the bloody team!?

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Not if we’re in the championship. Literally zero point in progressing with a bigger stadium if we’re relegated. 

Even if you back the owners surely you can see the pint of view of others? The club is being mismanaged. 

Very short sighted this view is, If, and it’s a big IF we are relegated, we will be back in the PL at some point in our future and we clearly need extra revenue streams to be able to keep up in the PL. 

The whole thing will be paid off by 2025, if we stay in the PL. Then we have the opportunity to earn an extra 5 - 10 million a season.

I even think, if the prices at right and we are playing good football and challenging at the top end, even if relegated we have the potential to fill a larger stadium.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, frany104 said:

I don’t think the club is being mismanaged. I think we’re having a ropey season, and probably need a change of manager. That’s just football.

7 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Very short sighted this view is, If, and it’s a big IF we are relegated, we will be back in the PL at some point in our future and we clearly need extra revenue streams to be able to keep up in the PL. 

The whole thing will be paid off by 2025, if we stay in the PL. Then we have the opportunity to earn an extra 5 - 10 million a season.

I even think, if the prices at right and we are playing good football and challenging at the top end, even if relegated we have the potential to fill a larger stadium.

Tell that to Derby, Sheff Wednesday, forest and a host of other clubs who have been in the EFL for a number of years. You can’t just expect to come back up. We could be financially crippled by relegation. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

You can never ever take Premier League football for granted especially if you are a club that has made 0 progress in 18 months. 

Like it or not we have to take the threat of relegation seriously. Last season we flirted with it from afar and this season we are involved and therefore we cannot go spending on huge infrastructure projects when we are creeping closer to relegation each season and the club is not investing in the first team squad. 

14 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Last time we went down it took us 10 years and another relegation to come back up. If we follow the same pattern again 10 years of Championship/League One football would absolutely not be enough to cover the costs of such a project. 

Also we rarely ever went above 25k when we were in the Championship. Even the season we won the thing we wasn't selling out. 

25 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

By that argument why aren’t we investing in the bloody team!?

Because it's different money and not included in FFP

I suspect material inflation costs may well be holding up proceedings. That initial loan certainly won't cover the costs now so we'll need to find additional funds which is most likely to see either the project scaled down or totally revised unless we suddenly find a load of cash stuffed down the back of one of the sofa's at the KP. 

11 minutes ago, Dames said:

You can never ever take Premier League football for granted especially if you are a club that has made 0 progress in 18 months. 

Like it or not we have to take the threat of relegation seriously. Last season we flirted with it from afar and this season we are involved and therefore we cannot go spending on huge infrastructure projects when we are creeping closer to relegation each season and the club is not investing in the first team squad. 

There's always going to be a threat of relegation unless you're one of the big 6. Just look at Everton. For years they were arguably seen as the best of the rest, but have seen a significant and steady decline and are also in serious danger of relegation this season. It hasn't stopped them investing in a new stadium.

By your argument, nobody outside the big 6 should ever even attempt to invest in their club infrastructure for fears of what the future might hold

Edited by TiffToff88