Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

Just now, TiffToff88 said:

There's always going to be a threat of relegation unless you're one of the big 6. Just look at Everton. For years they were arguably seen as the best of the rest, but have seen a significant and steady decline and are also in serious danger of relegation this season. It hasn't stopped them investing in a new stadium.

Everton are probably the only club in the league that are run worse than we currently are. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Very short sighted this view is, If, and it’s a big IF we are relegated, we will be back in the PL at some point in our future and we clearly need extra revenue streams to be able to keep up in the PL. 

The whole thing will be paid off by 2025, if we stay in the PL. Then we have the opportunity to earn an extra 5 - 10 million a season.

I even think, if the prices at right and we are playing good football and challenging at the top end, even if relegated we have the potential to fill a larger stadium.

The additional seats are about stature and kudos I think. They will raise cash through sales, but will raise more by us being on TV more frequently as a result of the press interest. The year we won the league, Newcastle were paid more than us in TV money as they featured more often.

The expansion of the other facilities is really what it's about as well as raising the profile to improve sponsorship.

3 hours ago, frany104 said:

Tell that to Derby, Sheff Wednesday, forest and a host of other clubs who have been in the EFL for a number of years. You can’t just expect to come back up. We could be financially crippled by relegation. 

...the TV money is collateral,  relegation has already been calculated by the owners!!!

With China opening up and being the biggest users of King Power duty-free,  the parent company has clawed back a lot of business,  but of course they are not back at pre- covid levels.

The worse case scenario would see the loan paid back on time, because the bank would not be looking an instantly getting all their money back.

Monies (non commercial revenues) can be introduced into the club without falling foul of FFP.

1 hour ago, Fox in the North said:

People need to relax on this and stop looking for things to get upset about. Fulham ploughed mega money into their stadium expansion (took years), and got on with it irrelevant of their league status. It will happen. Just be patient.

£100 a ticket to sit in it now though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Fox in the North said:

People need to relax on this and stop looking for things to get upset about. Fulham ploughed mega money into their stadium expansion (took years), and got on with it irrelevant of their league status. It will happen. Just be patient.

There's abit of a difference with their ground being on the Thames though. Pretty sure they had to reinforce everything because of how the stand is. 

Any ITK's? 

Its been seven months. No contractor appointed. No timelines. No info from the club. Top - "spades in the ground" - August that was. 

I've read the condition list and any delays might have something to do with Network Rail. Anybody know? We need an agreement in place for outline land parcels bordering them. Mainly though we need an agreement for drainage connections and surface water runoff's which effectively stops "spades in the ground" because the full app borders it. I've dealt with Network Rail when I worked at Bellway Essex on a site and they are arrogant as hell and KP would be dealing with the same team. It took me 10 months to get the nod on site security and construction alone, absolutely p*ss poor. However Network Rail wouldn't make financial gain from it so that wouldn't matter.

My opinion stays the same, very dubious. It'd be nice for the players incoming to know that it's a dead cert!

15 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Any ITK's? 

Its been seven months. No contractor appointed. No timelines. No info from the club. Top - "spades in the ground" - August that was. 

I've read the condition list and any delays might have something to do with Network Rail. Anybody know? We need an agreement in place for outline land parcels bordering them. Mainly though we need an agreement for drainage connections and surface water runoff's which effectively stops "spades in the ground" because the full app borders it. I've dealt with Network Rail when I worked at Bellway Essex on a site and they are arrogant as hell and KP would be dealing with the same team. It took me 10 months to get the nod on site security and construction alone, absolutely p*ss poor. However Network Rail wouldn't make financial gain from it so that wouldn't matter.

My opinion stays the same, very dubious. It'd be nice for the players incoming to know that it's a dead cert!

. No contractor appointed. No timelines. No info from the club.  - No money!!