Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

9 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Can anyone ITK suggest what the club have to give back to the community?  Surely the expansion itself is giving back to the community?

Two cycle lanes for Soulsby and a washing machine for Vaz :ph34r:

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Can anyone ITK suggest what the club have to give back to the community?  Surely the expansion itself is giving back to the community?

It was probably a Bus lane but as bus routes and times are being cancelled all over the City & County they've probably agreed on extending restricted/permit parking

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

I dunno, but I feel like any private business wanting to expand their footprint in a local area should be subject to exactly the same requirements as any other private business under planning regulations. Doesn't matter if it's a financial institution, football club, rugby club etc, they should be held to the same standard.

The inherent bias on here to see the club treated differently to any other business is really weird. If a major company started riding rough shot over planning protocols and principles people would be absolutely screaming.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

When I was looking at updates on Skyscrapercity, someone has posted some concepts created by a service company for construction company Laing O'Rourke (must be one of the companies putting to tender).

symmetry 

JbvziaF.jpg

gchSp7i.jpg

QeUrGAw.jpg

Looks super impressive to be fair. First few rows on that top tier will be mint.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

I dunno, but I feel like any private business wanting to expand their footprint in a local area should be subject to exactly the same requirements as any other private business under planning regulations. Doesn't matter if it's a financial institution, football club, rugby club etc, they should be held to the same standard.

The inherent bias on here to see the club treated differently to any other business is really weird. If a major company started riding rough shot over planning protocols and principles people would be absolutely screaming.

Quite but maybe there's a justification for all the input the club and owners have already put into the community to be taken into account as I'm sure the land grabbing builders etc are hardly voluntary philanthropic..

2 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

When I was looking at updates on Skyscrapercity, someone has posted some concepts created by a service company for construction company Laing O'Rourke (must be one of the companies putting to tender).

symmetry 

JbvziaF.jpg

gchSp7i.jpg

QeUrGAw.jpg

These are wrong. Laing o'rourke were whispered as the "go to" for this project over a year ago but there wasn't any confirmation at the time. 

See attached. The CGI's aren't the planning approved ones i.e the first one you would be theoretically standing in the middle of the residential tower when taking this and there isn't a road going through to the stand itself (which would be godawful)!. Photos 2/3 show the roof totally out of proportion I.e. the height at the back, the side panels, the roof construction material and lighting as well. I would be shocked if the roof wasn't lattice construction with efte illimination as approved. 

The hybrid app is all but approved so no change these are real or accurate. If you want some detailed info I can send you some as I have all of the technical info.

Screenshot_20230308_144634_File Viewer.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

These are wrong. Laing o'rourke were whispered as the "go to" for this project over a year ago but there wasn't any confirmation at the time. 

See attached. The CGI's aren't the planning approved ones i.e the first one you would be theoretically standing in the middle of the residential tower when taking this and there isn't a road going through to the stand itself (which would be godawful)!. Photos 2/3 show the roof totally out of proportion I.e. the height at the back, the side panels, the roof construction material and lighting as well. I would be shocked if the roof wasn't lattice construction with efte illimination as approved. 

The hybrid app is all but approved so no change these are real or accurate. If you want some detailed info I can send you some as I have all of the technical info.

Screenshot_20230308_144634_File Viewer.jpg

Well….I did say they were “concepts” and not accurate images :sweating:

Go on then, I’ve seen information on the planning docs or have you seen other docs too? 

7 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Well….I did say they were “concepts” and not accurate images :sweating:

Go on then, I’ve seen information on the planning docs or have you seen other docs too? 

"Concepts". Well architecturally that's a very "technical" way of putting it 😉

Yeah I have too, seen the entire pack apart from the detailing which won't be on there yet (or in part) in the future. Have you?  

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Still no news as to King Power's intension to develop the eon land? 

Very good point. Imo I'd prefer a large 2 storey flat top commercial building with a starbucks being one of them and some eateries and KP signage wrapped around it all leading into fosse way while adding some vegetarian and outside seating areas. This isn't included into the mastetplan unless you consider hospitality and the prices that go with it. Plus there isn't anything for at least a mile or so that has these needed facilities locally so it'd make its money and attractiveness. 

Sorry, rambled on.. 

Guest Fox99
On 08/03/2023 at 10:00, StanSP said:

If a final agreement is close I presume work will be penned in to start once the season is over. 

I wonder how long it'll take? Can't see it being less than a year, and that's generous considering all the surrounding developments too. 

So perhaps 18 months, taking us up to 2025? 

On 08/03/2023 at 10:19, Spudulike said:

From the Merc article... 

The final part of the build has to be done during the summer, when fans are not in attendance, and so the earliest possible completion date would now be in summer 2025. City have not set a new target date themselves.

The following piece of info is currently still on the club's website, there have of course since been developments but this was the initial aim...

Subject to receiving planning permission, the earliest possible completion date for the East Stand will be Summer 2024.

Edited by AlexFT

7 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

symmetry 

JbvziaF.jpg

gchSp7i.jpg

QeUrGAw.jpg

I thought they were moving the tunnel to the new stand?

1 hour ago, AlexFT said:

The following info is currently still on the club's website, there have of course since been developments but this was the initial aim...

Subject to receiving planning permission, the earliest possible completion date for the East Stand will be Summer 2024.

Just in time for the end of the Championship Season.

8 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

symmetry 

JbvziaF.jpg

gchSp7i.jpg

QeUrGAw.jpg

Vivid imagination if someone thinks that’s what the crowds like

9 hours ago, davieG said:

It was probably a Bus lane but as bus routes and times are being cancelled all over the City & County they've probably agreed on extending restricted/permit parking

If they keep extending this permit parking there is going to be no where to park. Usually park on Park Hill drive up near the cricket ground and I think thats about to get permit parking because the residents have moaned. Even though they all have a drive to park on.