Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

39 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

I thought they were moving the tunnel to the new stand?

There was talk of it as they wanted the new stand to be the new feature stand. Majority of people come in from Odeon side. 

11 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

This, will come back to bite us on our asses.  Championship football next season, we cant fill the stadium out now Blackburn cup game evidence of this.  Biggest white elephant ever.....where is the common sense?  What a waste of money.  How about improving the concourses now, and refreshment areas which are poor.  Make the loos bigger too, to small and tiny.

Making the loos bigger isn’t really going to increase match day revenue significantly tho eh? 😂

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, adam said:

If they keep extending this permit parking there is going to be no where to park. Usually park on Park Hill drive up near the cricket ground and I think thats about to get permit parking because the residents have moaned. Even though they all have a drive to park on.

Permits are also a pain for any multi car houses too. They're in general annoying

Club confirmed today at the FCC that they are basically just waiting on the section 106 agreement from the council. But because of the vast nature of the project. That covers everything from, what percentage of residential needs to be affordable housing, possible park and ride schemes. Any contributions for green space or facilties for locals.

But once they get the green light they expect 2 years build time to get the expanded ground up an running. 

So saying they get permission sorted this year they think that 2 year build period needs 2 close seasons. And I can't see them being able to take advantage of this summer.

• Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Looks like safe standing is being explored too - isn't cheap though.

Approx 500k for 3000 rail seats. I'll hold my hands up and say yes they have finally looked into it. But as they have to install 10% of any amount rhey put in the home end, in the away end. I wouldn't be celebrating just yet.

11 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Was spoken about at the FCC last night.

The club also went to visit Bayern to see their sit up recently.

At least they're taking some initiative and looking into it with some effort. I'm sure Bayern offer cheaper tickets behind both goals which is usually where the ones who want to create an atmosphere congregate too? Hopefully club have a look at that too.

6 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

At least they're taking some initiative and looking into it with some effort. I'm sure Bayern offer cheaper tickets behind both goals which is usually where the ones who want to create an atmosphere congregate too? Hopefully club have a look at that too.

Yeah Sudkurve at Munich is an absolute beacon of fanculture. Hopefully staff from the club got a tiny taste of that aswell as just the actual seats. It would really open a few eyes on how to treat supporters.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

When I was looking at updates on Skyscrapercity, someone has posted some concepts created by a service company for construction company Laing O'Rourke (must be one of the companies putting to tender).

symmetry 

JbvziaF.jpg

gchSp7i.jpg

QeUrGAw.jpg

As much as I don't think we will fill it and could potentially be in the Championship, looking at this it looks proper impressive, shame I sit in the East Stand so wont see it 

3 minutes ago, SickoDicko said:

As much as I don't think we will fill it and could potentially be in the Championship, looking at this it looks proper impressive, shame I sit in the East Stand so wont see it 

You could always try inventing the world's longest selfie stick.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SickoDicko said:

We have an average 98% capacity in our time back in the PL. 

If we stay in the PL it will not be a massive problem.

If the PL was as it was now, we would be close to a sellout for at least 9 home games, big 6 plus Forest, Newcastle, Leeds

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SickoDicko said:

As much as I don't think we will fill it and could

Depends on the pricing. It would be great if there were a number of seats together for matchday purchase so that people who can't commit until the day can go with a few mates. This is what's missing at the moment. We need a capacity that is just a bit to big to allow for this.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SickoDicko said:

We can just do what Leeds do. Close the upper tier when we're in the Championship, and then once back in the Premier League pretend we always used to fill it.

Edited by Fox92
  • Haha 1

We can't even sell out for Chelsea at home in the Premier Leaguelol and people think a stadium expansion is a good idea. Might've been a good idea when we were finishing top 5 and winning Fa cups but as usual clubs complacency has caught up to them on and off the pitch.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lcfc278 said:

I know a lot of fans that would go if they put games on general sale.

I have no doubts that if the week prior to a game all remaining unsold tickets went on gen sale, we'd have sell-outs at all home league games. All on the club not the fans if you ask me.

Club are too stupid to do something logical. Rather 10 people pay them the extra £40 for membership than 100 people paying £30 ticket. Of course it's because the club wouldn't know every single bit of information about you then if they did do Gen sale

1 minute ago, Lcfc098 said:

Club are too stupid to do something logical. Rather 10 people pay them the extra £40 for membership than 100 people paying £30 ticket. Of course it's because the club wouldn't know every single bit of information about you then if they did do Gen sale

They would. Its not a free sale as such. You would still have named tickets etc.

Its the cash aspect they want, shift the memberships.

41 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Has anyone made the joke about it being the best ground in the Championship yet?

Can someone make it again because the first 796 times I've heard that joke about Everton weren't quite enough. I need it again.

Thanks.

Sorry , won't even be that - Sunderland is.

1 hour ago, Lcfc098 said:

We can't even sell out for Chelsea at home in the Premier Leaguelol and people think a stadium expansion is a good idea. Might've been a good idea when we were finishing top 5 and winning Fa cups but as usual clubs complacency has caught up to them on and off the pitch.

Do you mean an FA Cup?