Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

Guest Fox99
7 minutes ago, the draper said:

We aren't a 40k + club the whole investment is a vanity project,  23k average next year in the championship,  we are Leicester City We go up We go down but what we are never going to be is a team followed by a load of plastic fans 

Sorry but I can’t stand this type of mentality, it was a similar problem under Rodgers. Surely the ambition is for the club to grow, not being content to stand still? There’s a difference between acknowledging the past and at the same time not settling for it.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

They do if you can’t fund it. If we couldn’t afford to invest into the squad in the summer, what makes us think we can handle relegation, and juggle this massive project at the same time? 

Funded differently. The development is via loans. The only way it will stop is if they can't pay back the loans.

3 hours ago, the draper said:

We aren't a 40k + club the whole investment is a vanity project,  23k average next year in the championship,  we are Leicester City We go up We go down but what we are never going to be is a team followed by a load of plastic fans 

Absolute nonsense-unless our support base collapses 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/04/2023 at 14:31, HybridFox said:

I hope writing off our premier league status was worth it 

Stadium development has nothing to do with it. The club hasn't refused player signings in order to fund the expansion. Our prem status, taking lack of signings in to consideration has mostly been down to toxic management culminating in our team playing like dog sh*t.  

On 08/04/2023 at 18:50, fox_favourite said:

More than likely. Won’t need a big stadium in the championship 

...we have heavily invested in putting things in place, I suspect this goes on!!!

This was always going to be a long-term project and we will be thinking short-term if we sought to cancel right now. The financial implications would have been factored into going down, the subsidiary buildings are for garnering finance for the club, it is about self-sustainability.

• Like 1

On 09/04/2023 at 17:33, the draper said:

It will once relegated 

Depends how we get on ,  if we get a 100 points and smash it then it wont.  and anyway no one was planning for the championship..

Edited by jamfox

13 minutes ago, jamfox said:

Depends how we get on ,  if we get a 100 points and smash it then it wont.  and anyway no one was planning for the championship..

...if I recall, when we began this process of taking out loans against our final position, the club stated that relegation is something that has been factored into their decision to go in this direction!!!

On 09/04/2023 at 14:31, HybridFox said:

I hope writing off our premier league status was worth it 

How do you know are season would of not still turned to shit even without the application?  I think that's a specious argument

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if I recall, when we began this process of taking out loans against our final position, the club stated that relegation is something that has been factored into their decision to go in this direction!!!

Well in business you need to factor in many scenarios ,  A contingency plan or plan B is devised for an outcome other then the usual or expected plan and yes its wise to do this.   but the drive and ethos was more optimistic 

10 minutes ago, jamfox said:

Well in business you need to factor in many scenarios ,  A contingency plan or plan B is devised for an outcome other then the usual or expected plan and yes its wise to do this.   but the drive and ethos was more optimistic 

The club had no plan B when they sacked Rodgers so it really wouldnt surprise me if they had no plan B regarding loans and relegation

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

The club had no plan B when they sacked Rodgers so it really wouldnt surprise me if they had no plan B regarding loans and relegation

Plan B in this case was any thing has to be better then where we were.  So just to change it up,  OK that's not a great plan ill give you that! as its not very structured and its risky and i think was forced on with a sense of panic but i think it was just the lesser of two evils.   we can speculative about the timing with "ifs buts and maybes" but all we can say as fact is we in the shit , and all we can hope is that we can get out of the shit   

I have a feeling that (god forbid) if we do go down we would still sell out every single week regardless. Bit like our first season back down there in 02/03 when it was a new stadium.

People underestimate the season ticket waiting list combined with very few people will want to lose their Season Ticket for the sake of what could only be one season back down there.

Realise people don't have as much expendible income these days but I have to admit when I think back to my season tickets in college when sometimes no one would go with me because it was Norwich on a Tuesday or whatever - then not being able to now get one just because someone wants to watch Premier League stars is a bit annoying. Bit like selling out for a Real Madrid friendly but not Cardiff Play Off Semi final. 

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Its hardly going to cost peanuts :ph34r:

I didn't think it would. But the club could not afford it all even if we stay up.

The whole gig is going to be 6/700 million if not more.

So to me it was only ever going to be a KP gig not LCFC.

For ffp they may give us a % of profits as I guess it will be 7 days a week operation for the arena to.

After all KP own the ground the club don't. I also expect them to get sponsors for it. I also think they have plans to further improve the surrounding area in the future.