Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

23 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I didn't think it would. But the club could not afford it all even if we stay up.

The whole gig is going to be 6/700 million if not more.

So to me it was only ever going to be a KP gig not LCFC.

For ffp they may give us a % of profits as I guess it will be 7 days a week operation for the arena to.

After all KP own the ground the club don't. I also expect them to get sponsors for it. I also think they have plans to further improve the surrounding area in the future.

Yes but there are immediate returns I.e the hotel and residential towers etc.

22 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I didn't think it would. But the club could not afford it all even if we stay up.

For ffp they may give us a % of profits as I guess it will be 7 days a week operation for the arena to.

After all KP own the ground the club don't. I also expect them to get sponsors for it. I also think they have plans to further improve the surrounding area in the future.

Could be that the club just get the extra revenue from the increased stadium capacity and KP take the profit from the arena, which will pay for the investment in the long run?

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Yes but there are immediate returns I.e the hotel and residential towers etc.

Plus the car park. But they won't all be full all the time.

They may show an operating profit but you still have a loan/mortgage to repay.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, turlo said:

Could be that the club just get the extra revenue from the increased stadium capacity and KP take the profit from the arena, which will pay for the investment in the long run?

The arena, hotel, residential tower, commercial buildings. Yeah it’s long term but they will make good money back.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sylofox said:

...if it was KP financing infrastructure then it would make no difference to the amounts of money available for on-pitch acquisition!!!

I cannot see it costing as much as you have said, the arena and hotel are included in the loans and it would be easier for KP to make the outlay, it does not affect FFP as far as the club is concerned.

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if it was KP financing infrastructure then it would make no difference to the amounts of money available for on-pitch acquisition!!!

I cannot see it costing as much as you have said, the arena and hotel are included in the loans and it would be easier for KP to make the outlay, it does not affect FFP as far as the club is concerned.

I don’t think he will be far off on his estimate. It’s a huge project.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I cannot see it costing as much as you have said, the arena and hotel are included in the loans 

Can you tell us where you're getting the info about the loans. Yes we know the club has had loans, but not sure it's been disclosed why we have had them.

Also it will be the ground done first.

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Can you tell us where you're getting the info about the loans. Yes we know the club has had loans, but not sure it's been disclosed why we have had them.

Also it will be the ground done first.

....the perception has always been (for me anyway) that it related to our infrastructure, being the expansion of the stadium and additional buildings as a way of generating finance for the club!!!

If the outlay that you have envisaged is in your ballpark figure, then it will have to be financed by KP and not be part of the loans taken out. I cannot see how they could ever recoup the monies invested in the subsidiary buildings and developments.

Expanding the stadium first is a no-brainer, as they need to be bringing in money as quickly as possible.

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....the perception has always been (for me anyway) that it related to our infrastructure, being the expansion of the stadium and additional buildings as a way of generating finance for the club!!!

If the outlay that you have envisaged is in your ballpark figure, then it will have to be financed by KP and not be part of the loans taken out. I cannot see how they could ever recoup the monies invested in the subsidiary buildings and developments.

Expanding the stadium first is a no-brainer, as they need to be bringing in money as quickly as possible.

Surely we would secure a loan ready for that happening. Not actually take the loan out. As we are now paying interest on it with no actual start date.

I personally think those loans are for operating costs and the training ground. Not for the main expansion.

On 27/04/2023 at 06:33, Chrysalis said:

Doesnt affect FFP but might affect cash flow, we have clearly been having cash flow issues, noting that the January players came in after we took out another pay day loan just before it.

I assumed it was FFP issues due to our wage to income % rather than just cash flow. 

This will happen, as it gives a perceived income. 

It’s worth if, should we bounce straight back.

If we don’t, we’ll look a bit silly, like Sunderland. 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

This will happen, as it gives a perceived income. 

It’s worth if, should we bounce straight back.

If we don’t, we’ll look a bit silly, like Sunderland. 

Nothing is going to make us look more ridiculous than Champions of England to Championship in 7 years. 

A revamp of the area will still be good. Even if we don't need the seats in the stadium. 

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

Nothing is going to make us look more ridiculous than Champions of England to Championship in 7 years. 

A revamp of the area will still be good. Even if we don't need the seats in the stadium. 

Blackburn went down after 4 seasons I believe. 

The following season they only managed 11th in the Championship, before getting promoted the following season, finishing 2nd. 

They even dropped to League 1 in 17/18 didn’t they? 

We haven’t fallen that fast ….. yet. 

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Unfortunately this is how it has become with LCFC nowadays. Radio silence and no transparency in what they are doing or planning.

A complete disconnection in all aspects from the club towards their loyal fans.

Really? They have no obligation to share news and there may not be anything to share. I'd rather they spend less time on giving updates on if/not a stadium is being done and focus on rebuilding the squad for a big season ahead. 

34 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Unfortunately this is how it has become with LCFC nowadays. Radio silence and no transparency in what they are doing or planning.

A complete disconnection in all aspects from the club towards their loyal fans.

My word, what an overreaction this is. Grow up lol

The club has bigger fish to fry right now than a bloody stadium expansion. Isn't that obvious?

We as fans, have no divine right to updates at all times on something like this. Get a grip. 

1 minute ago, Hitesh said:

Really? They have no obligation to share news and there may not be anything to share. I'd rather they spend less time on giving updates on if/not a stadium is being done and focus on rebuilding the squad for a big season ahead. 

But it is pretty poor. They got the balance spot on where it was fairly back seat with a few public statements after they initially wanted more of the limelight. Now, we here nothing, even if desparate times.

This is a massive project that they've probably 1 update on since the very first consultation 5 years ago. Rubbish.

• Like 2