Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

1 hour ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Unfortunately this is how it has become with LCFC nowadays. Radio silence and no transparency in what they are doing or planning.

A complete disconnection in all aspects from the club towards their loyal fans.

This.

Even with the absolute shambles going on last season, we weren't even given a response to any of the questions we had on anything. Regarding the spending, the lack of action on Rodgers, the expansion. Nothing. Then a few programme notes and a Top thinking he'd get nationwide sympathy for saying he's been abused in a statement. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Do you not think it’s ridiculous that you can’t buy a ticket unless you’re a member, and you can’t buy more than 1 ticket on a membership, and you can’t buy more than 1 membership?

There are loads of people wanting a ST, so to say stadium expansion shouldn’t be priority, it’s important to know what angle the poster is coming from. The lack of access to go and watch the game with a friend, will just turn people off from following the club, more capacity is absolutely the priority right now.

No, the club just need to alter ticketing practices. Not add more seats. If they built that new stand you’d still be unable to go with a mate who doesn’t have a membership. 😂

Edited by phoneticerror

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

Do you not think it’s ridiculous that you can’t buy a ticket unless you’re a member, and you can’t buy more than 1 ticket on a membership, and you can’t buy more than 1 membership?

There are loads of people wanting a ST, so to say stadium expansion shouldn’t be priority, it’s important to know what angle the poster is coming from. The lack of access to go and watch the game with a friend, will just turn people off from following the club, more capacity is absolutely the priority right now.

Yes I was joking. The guy who said it is a twat

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Personally I am a season ticket holder, this might sound ignorant when I say this but genuinely intrigued to know, is the club that hard to deal with without a season ticket?

Again not trying to be ignorant just intrigued.

I became a ST holder again last year but for the previous few years I was a member. I had no issues. The higher priority you are the easier it is to get tickets and, it's obviously more difficult to get a number of seats together or, for the 'glamour' games. 

The decision to not let games go to general sales was an issue for non members. And odd. 

It's a perfect opportunity for newcomers to get tickets. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, splinterdream said:

If we do have the extension and an extra 8 thousand seats don't think for a moment that any of those seats are going to be occupied by new season ticket holders. They will all be match day tickets at a very high price. The club will want it's outlay money back as soon as possible and it won't be doing that by letting people have a season ticket at half the price will they?

26 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

If we do have the extension and an extra 8 thousand seats don't think for a moment that any of those seats are going to be occupied by new season ticket holders. They will all be match day tickets at a very high price. The club will want it's outlay money back as soon as possible and it won't be doing that by letting people have a season ticket at half the price will they?

You might be right, who knows, there’s people that don’t think they will fill the stadium after an increase, if that’s the case they’ll have to attract fans to buy somehow, it’s shame, if you hook fans in, then they do bring others along, they buy a shirt, confectionary, perhaps the odd hospitality day, I just think there current policy pushes potential future fans away

• Like 1

I've always felt that this was never really a thing.

Shovels should have been in the ground as soon as the confetti was cleaned up in 2016.  It was a golden opportunity but instead Top wanted a leisure centre that's done more harm than good.

The KP has barely changed since we came up in 2014.  Considering our success that seems pretty mental to me.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

You might be right, who knows, there’s people that don’t think they will fill the stadium after an increase, if that’s the case they’ll have to attract fans to buy somehow, it’s shame, if you hook fans in, then they do bring others along, they buy a shirt, confectionary, perhaps the odd hospitality day, I just think there current policy pushes potential future fans away

If we do go back up the first time of asking the ground will always be full even with the extra 8 thousand seats such is the pull of premier league football. 40 thousand is still not that big a gate compared to most of the prem clubs.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Shovels should have been in the ground as soon as the confetti was cleaned up in 2016.  It was a golden opportunity but instead Top wanted a leisure centre that's done more harm than good.

The KP has barely changed since we came up in 2014.  Considering our success that seems pretty mental to me.  

You're right, but in fairness we all know from experience how common this is. Some grounds it's longer. 

The loan for the training ground seems bizarre. I hate the way it was portrayed like they just gifted it us too, or it was bought from Maguire money. More bullshit.

4 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

That was his Dad's vision, not Top's. Vichai had the plans in place for this and tbf, it was planned and approved in a fraction of the time it took to get the extension just to a council planning meeting. If those silly fvckers hadn't kicked the planning into the long Covid grass for months, those shovels would have been in the ground 2 years ago. Also I don't think having a better facility is a bad thing, it doesn't seem to affect clubs whose players have the right mentality but that's been debated to death elsewhere.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Skid_1884 said:

I think this is the least of our worries right now.

8 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Yes I am a ST holder and have been since 1995. I have two boys who in the current situation may never get a season ticket so I understand your frustration.

What is your personal priority does not make it the right priority for the club and every other supporter. If we spend 3+ years in the championship you will easily get your season ticket.

9 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Unfortunately there has being times that away fans buy tickets in the home end and cause trouble. Look at the Europeans games and you can understand why they won't just sell tickets to anyone.

I feel the consider the membership a way of trying to stop that happening. Same as not giving your season ticket away to someone to 'borrow' etc etc.

Will be daft if there are a couple of thousand empty seats and they choose to not sell them next season though. 

8 hours ago, splinterdream said:

If there were more seats available, then perhaps they’re more likely to alter ticketing practices, so yes, more capacity is required.
Do you know how many would like a ST? I would buy 3 if I could. Do you know the potential for growth with new fans being stifled by lack of capacity? Fans that wouldn’t want capacity of the stadium, I find quite odd, what type of business doesn’t embrace growth?

When they add more seats, the more season tickets they can sell. Then they’ll push fox memberships more. We simply don’t need the expansion at the moment. It’s frustrating, I agree. But the club are up their own arses when it comes to ticketing I’m afraid.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

No, the club just need to alter ticketing practices. Not add more seats. If they built that new stand you’d still be unable to go with a mate who doesn’t have a membership. 😂

...but what about the supporters no longer having access to those seats, or the fact that the seats are occupied by season ticket holders!!!

We need the expansion as soon as possible,  we are leaking revenue the longer we prolong the delay.

The club maybe in a "catch 22" situation,  where they do not have the funds to do the build but know that they need the funds (ticket sales) to fund the club.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

Only thing that has changed is how slow it is to get a pint at halftime and those automated shops they have in the ground.

11 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

Do you really think it's that quick to get stadium expansion plans and approvals completed? 

This development isn't just about the stadium itself, it's the surrounding area to bring income into the club. Yes this has dragged on, but not sure why wanting to develop/own the area around the stadium too is 'more harm'.