Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

5 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

When they add more seats, the more season tickets they can sell. Then they’ll push fox memberships more. We simply don’t need the expansion at the moment. It’s frustrating, I agree. But the club are up their own arses when it comes to ticketing I’m afraid.

You sound like somebody that already has a ST, bit of a I'm alright Jack.

Bigger stadium > More fans > better atmosphere > more attractive to players, our place is like a library/gods waiting room, something has to change 

Edited by splinterdream
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Bigger stadium > More fans > better atmosphere > more attractive to players, our place is like a library/gods waiting room, something has to change 

More fans doesn't mean better atmosphere.

Most, if not all, of the bigger top 6 grounds are deadly silent despite what Sky try and sell.

Anyway, the point phoneticerror was making didn't come across as alright Jack to me, he makes a good point about fox memberships. They'll just push them more.

11 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

Surely they won't be going ahead with this.  If we stay in the championship for the 24-25 season, there'll be thousands of spare seats anyway

There will be 1000s of spare seats on the second game of the 23-24 season we wont need to wait that long. 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

Shovels should have been in the ground as soon as the confetti was cleaned up in 2016.  It was a golden opportunity but instead Top wanted a leisure centre that's done more harm than good.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Do you really think it's that quick to get stadium expansion plans and approvals completed? 

This development isn't just about the stadium itself, it's the surrounding area to bring income into the club. Yes this has dragged on, but not sure why wanting to develop/own the area around the stadium too is 'more harm'.

I think he was referring to Seagrave.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, splinterdream said:

How is me saying that the club need to make tickets more accessible instead of building a new stand saying “I’m alright Jack.” FYI I’ve been a member for the last 2 seasons and have only just got my ST.

Unless the club change the ticketing it’ll be bigger stadium>more empty seats>same loopholes for fans>same moaning from people who don’t want to pay to be a member to get tickets>same atmosphere. The club have their heads in the sand, and we can see this by the current ticket prices for the championship. Also a similar reason we sleepwalked into relegation.

Edited by phoneticerror

3 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

How is me saying that the club need to make tickets more accessible instead of building a new stand saying “I’m alright Jack.” FYI I’ve been a member for the last 2 seasons and have only just got my ST.

Unless the club change the ticketing it’ll be bigger stadium>more empty seats>same loopholes for fans>same moaning from people who don’t want to pay to be a member to get tickets>same atmosphere. The club have their heads in the sand, and we can see this by the current ticket prices for the championship. Also a similar reason we sleepwalked into relegation.

For the last time, if you don't make going down to the game more accessible, you'll have a whole raft of people turned off from following the team, personally, seats always being available is not a proble

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

So in short ST holders dont want the expansion, the rest of us do.

I'm a season ticket holder and I want the expansion, my nephew is building up his points on his membership but you just want the convenience of him having a season ticket

The people that don't want the expansion just hate change

Guest glasgowfox
43 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I've been a season ticket holder for many years and I am all for the expansion.  To say ST holders don't want the expansion is like tarring everyone with the same brush.

Edited by glasgowfox
Grammar

25 minutes ago, davieG said:

If KP have the money, and the stadium and surrounds are theirs not LCFCs then there's no logical reason not to expand and build the surrounds..

People worried about empty seats that's easily resolved give them out to local schools, low income people, hospital workers. There's so many people that could and would benefit from the occasional free match ticket and if when the kids grow up or the people's lives improve they could end up being lifetime supporters and attendees.

Or... we adopt the approach West Ham did when moving to the London Stadium and sign new STH to 5 year plans with no option to cancel. Price didn't change so you know what you're paying. 

23 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Or... we adopt the approach West Ham did when moving to the London Stadium and sign new STH to 5 year plans with no option to cancel. Price didn't change so you know what you're paying. 

Not or and. 

All options are there to explore.

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

You could turn that on its head and say anyone wanting the expansion is only people who care about their own situation in getting a ST.

I haven’t seen anyone say in the long term we should not expand but we are now in the championship and the priorities have to lay elsewhere.

• Like 1

If we have a moderate, mid table season , the project will be heading to the long grass , double quick. King Power had a serious kick to the guts with the pandemic , they are going to be extra careful for a long time. Whether they remain our owners or not.

9 minutes ago, Skid_1884 said:

You could turn that on its head and say anyone wanting the expansion is only people who care about their own situation in getting a ST.

I haven’t seen anyone say in the long term we should not expand but we are now in the championship and the priorities have to lay elsewhere.

With respect, I disagree entirely.

If the finances are in place - and I believe that there have been assurances that this is the case - then during a period of potentially reduced demand would be exactly the right time for such an expansion.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

I think season ticket wise, the Premier League legacy has secured a minimum 23k with a waiting list for a while. Coventry at home is easily selling out at £39 a ticket which is astonishing when you compare that against the levels of attendance and price the last time we were in the Championship. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nickaj said:

With respect, I disagree entirely.

If the finances are in place - and I believe that there have been assurances that this is the case - then during a period of potentially reduced demand would be exactly the right time for such an expansion.

If we spend more than a couple of years outside the premier league attendances will drop and there will be no waiting list for season tickets making any expansion a logistical and financial burden.

Less than 10 years ago I couldn’t give my season ticket away if I couldn’t make a game.

Too many people just assuming we will go straight back up, you need ambition but was anyone even thinking about expanding the ground when we’re last in the championship. We are in the same position again now.