Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

On 09/07/2023 at 11:33, SemperEadem said:

The arena would be far smaller than that.

Would badly need an anchor tenant - Ice Hockey makes the most sense.

Won't get Riders to move now I think which would have been a possibility ten years ago. You'd have to pull Snooker, Darts and Boxing away from that venue which would be a blow to Riders. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Would badly need an anchor tenant - Ice Hockey makes the most sense.

Won't get Riders to move now I think which would have been a possibility ten years ago. You'd have to pull Snooker, Darts and Boxing away from that venue which would be a blow to Riders. 

Ice Hockey would be fantastic. A few years in the amateur league before getting the green light for the top one with derbies against Cov and Nottingham.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Villa very confident of starting work next summer after Foo Fighters gig 

Annoys me that 

Taking our best players and now this. Woefully ****ing run 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

No, we need to go ahead. 

We got screwed by FFP because we didn't have a high enough commercial revenue. We need to expand the stadium and grow our revenues, if we want to compete at the highest levels again. 

Only relying on trading players is still a risk - look at what happened to us after one bad transfer window?

100%👍🏻

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Perfect time to go ahead. Fulham didn’t stop when they got relegated.

Odd club Fulham , their supporters are generally pretty well off as the ground is slap bang in the middle of one of the priciest parts of inner London. There is money there , not so much in Leicester which is per capita , the poorest city in the East Midlands.

18 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Odd club Fulham , their supporters are generally pretty well off as the ground is slap bang in the middle of one of the priciest parts of inner London. There is money there , not so much in Leicester which is per capita , the poorest city in the East Midlands.

I don't remember they said anything about a whip round. Surely the owners/club will pay for it.

Plush hotel for visiting business men. Surely it won't be room by the hour. Then an events arena. Just what the city needs.

On 09/07/2023 at 11:46, SemperEadem said:

Around 5K

Id read they were going more like Hull and Cov arena in size as neither the space, amenities or desire to go up against Nottingham/Birmingham in size of theirs.

Which is a complete mistake. Hull and  Cov and Derby and Bolton don't get used for a reason. Nobody needs a 6k venue. The big acts need 10k minimum. Cov gets OUTDOOR gigs. The arena is a waste of time music wise. 

The concept should be the stadium to have a roof, like Millennium Stadium (or whatever they call it now) .... Then it'd blow that vile red filthy city, NEC and Ricoh out the water and attract the big money acts; Harry Styles, Elton John etc

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I don't remember they said anything about a whip round. Surely the owners/club will pay for it.

Plush hotel for visiting business men. Surely it won't be room by the hour. Then an events arena. Just what the city needs.

Theoretically yes , but Leicester is not a commercial hub and is still most noted for its cheap manufacturing economy. You need to attract clients and that will not be easy. The business plan has to be there. However , if match ticket prices are low enough a 40,000 seated stadium could still be viable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Would apply if all of our supporters came from the city. Catchment area reaches further. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Given the sound footing that King Power are on again financially you'd think they'd want to plough ahead especially if their long term future is intertwined with LCFC. They may want to be cautious and wait until we're definitely going to be in the promotion shake-up but as others have said, this sort of project shouldn't depend on your league position. If we wait we'll end up in even more of a need of seats and revenue streams.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Livid said:

Is there an order in which the build has to take place ?

I would shy away from the stadium expansion for the time being and focus more on the hotel and arena.

Ground expansion first. 

I believe there was something to do with plans not actually being finalised for the rest of the redevelopment and they'd be done at a later date. 

Excuse my ignorance but the brick building(name?) closest to the east stand will have to be demolished first. Then it's effectively building tower block stair wells then building down to the current stand.

• Like 3

Guest lcfc80

My friend took his niece on the ground tour the other week and they said the expansion was on hold until we get back into the premier league. Not sure if it means the whole project or just the ground capacity?

Edited by lcfc80