Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

16 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Why don't we build all the other bits first and then do the stadium expansion last?

...not sure that would make sense, we are not going to turn up and pay money to stand and watch how a tarmacking gang operates!!!

If the building and capacity are there, then we are going to find a way of getting to the stadium somehow and pay for the privilege of doing so.

22 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Why don't we build all the other bits first and then do the stadium expansion last?

An absolute logistical nightmare to build the outside infrastructure and facilities first and then come inwards towards the stadium which is having to be partially dismanted to incorporate the massive footprint of the new stand.

Besides the ground itself is the focal point of it all. They'd be looking to get the extra 8000 bums on seats and corporate facilities full ASAP before the arena, hotel etc

• Like 3

In the Prem I don’t think corporate hospitality or tickets sold to normal fans make a huge difference to overall revenue.  It helps but both are dwarfed by TV money.

In turns of revenue, more fans and bigger crowds are part of selling Leicester as a bigger brand.

i hope the expansion is in part driven to simply allow more fans to experience big games and connect with the club 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Finn Claw II said:

i hope the expansion is in part driven to simply allow more fans to experience big games and connect with the club 

Errm, I don’t know if this is the sweetest take or the most ignorant, but the expansion is about money first and there being no second. KPFC doesn’t give a toss about forming connections unless it’s to a bank account.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Errm, I don’t know if this is the sweetest take or the most ignorant, but the expansion is about money first and there being no second. KPFC doesn’t give a toss about forming connections unless it’s to a bank account.

...it should be about money, any other benefit to the community would be secondary or a mandatory agreement with the local council!!!

The club needs the additional revenue, tv money is the cash cow but the payment to staff and other utilities has to be addressed somehow.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Finn Claw II said:

In the Prem I don’t think corporate hospitality or tickets sold to normal fans make a huge difference to overall revenue.  It helps but both are dwarfed by TV money.

In turns of revenue, more fans and bigger crowds are part of selling Leicester as a bigger brand.

Cash flow wise it certainly does. 

TV money and transfer money gets paid in various stages/over various years. Similarly TV money and transfer money pays for more transfers and contracts.

Matchday revenue is instant cash that pays the day to day bills.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it should be about money, any other benefit to the community would be secondary or a mandatory agreement with the local council!!!

The club needs the additional revenue, tv money is the cash cow but the payment to staff and other utilities has to be addressed somehow.

The club could release tickets for free.

12 hours ago, Globalfox said:

Would love to know why you say this and on what basis. I have season tickets in hospitality and use hospitality at away grounds and Leicester are very competitive. QPR and Swansea both more expensive. Blackburn a rip off. One of the reasons we struggle to  move the expansion on is the lack of high return sales such as hospitality. You cannot compete in the Premier League without high end revenue, ordinary matchday punters don’t cut it. An extra 10000 at only 30 quid a pop will not move the needle.  An extra 30 boxes is better margins but Leicester does not have the big spenders to make it work. It’s like long haul flights no profit in the back it’s all in the Premium Seats.

Wow, good for you that you can afford a ST in hospitality - if it's coming out of your own pocket and not through a company then you're doing well for yourself obvs.

I agree with the OP that it is massively overpriced, just looking at the Sunderland game coming up for example, to go on my own you're looking at at least £276 - £350 depending on where I want to sit, and for that I get a buffet pre-game and a half time refreshment? Oh and a magazine, that's great.

I'd consider myself to earn an average wage but for me, spending £550 - £700 for me and the missus to go would absolutely not be an option, I'd rather spend that going away to a nice luxury hotel for the weekend rather than watch us play 90 mins v Sunderland.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Wow, good for you that you can afford a ST in hospitality - if it's coming out of your own pocket and not through a company then you're doing well for yourself obvs.

I agree with the OP that it is massively overpriced, just looking at the Sunderland game coming up for example, to go on my own you're looking at at least £276 - £350 depending on where I want to sit, and for that I get a buffet pre-game and a half time refreshment? Oh and a magazine, that's great.

I'd consider myself to earn an average wage but for me, spending £550 - £700 for me and the missus to go would absolutely not be an option, I'd rather spend that going away to a nice luxury hotel for the weekend rather than watch us play 90 mins v Sunderland.

This sums it up perfectly. The problem is it's not aimed at ordinary people. It's for Companies who can write it off against tax. So it doesn't cost the company anything either.

They should introduce a package for ordinary people also.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...not sure how the season ticket holders like that!!!

My point being that tickets could be sold at affordable prices, not that I’m calling for it all to be free. 

Twenty is plenty, and I will not buy a ticket again until it is. 

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

My point being that tickets could be sold at affordable prices, not that I’m calling for it all to be free. 

Twenty is plenty, and I will not buy a ticket again until it is. 

...yeah, agree that the price is just far too expensive and it seems no end to it!!!

Perhaps we might all have to lose the TV money in order to bring it back to realistic prices.

• Like 1

I went to the Spurs stadium on Sunday for the NFL London game. Admittedly I suppose it was a little bit different because of the nature of the sport etc but they've got some stadium.

The concourse, the way the catering is run etc was spot on and I'd like our new stand, whenever it may appear, to be at least something like what they have.

By far and away the best stadium I've ever visited 

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I went to the Spurs stadium on Sunday for the NFL London game. Admittedly I suppose it was a little bit different because of the nature of the sport etc but they've got some stadium.

The concourse, the way the catering is run etc was spot on and I'd like our new stand, whenever it may appear, to be at least something like what they have.

...did you feel unclean when you walked in!!!

The stadium does look impressive and I am not surprised at the facilities, there is no reason why the service at the KP should not be comparable.

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...did you feel unclean when you walked in!!!

The stadium does look impressive and I am not surprised at the facilities, there is no reason why the service at the KP should not be comparable.

Yeah, I didn't want to be impressed by it, but it's undoubtedly a fantastic stadium. Puts Wembley to shame to be honest. 

In fairness it should be a good stadium, it cost in the region of £1bn. I just hope that when we develop our stand you get the same sort of feeling upon entering it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Likewise went for the NFL there the other year and the Women’s away game against Spurs too, two different parts of the ground both put every other stadium to shame

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I've heard similar things from a few other people I know who've been - not that I've ever got plans to go there, but I guess it might happen someday?  (Spurs vs Leicester, maybe ;) )  Hopefully the rest of the teams take the right lessons from it for their own upgrades - ours too?  (I can't say The Emirates was bad, only that I hope we get lower-down tickets next time :P )

Atmosphere wise the expansion has the potential to be beneficial, if there is a reconfiguration for all vocal fans to be in one place. Union FS probably know more about this than most from meetings with the club? Hopefully it will be a consideration, as I seem to recall the club mentioning previously that any works to the stadium must not detract from the atmosphere (needs to be better as it is of course). The ground’s redevelopment would probably be the best opportunity for the relocation of fans, albeit there would never be an ideal time for this. The configuration within the stadium upon moving has long been talked about as playing a key role in the atmosphere, so if we altered that it could be a real step forward.

Edited by AlexFT

It is a fact of life in football these days. To be successful on the field you need to generate income off it, and we are talking mega bucks. Those who complain about ticket and merch prices etc better brace themselves for a long life in the lower divisions. If we want to compete, then we have raise the cash to afford quality players.

hospitality is just that. Companies use boxes to entertain prospective clients, butter up essential suppliers and even hold staff recruitment events etc. They do it to impress, its a look at me thing, and that works better for them the higher the profile of club and the swankier the facilities. Clubs know that the corporates will pay a premium and therefore pander to this (let’s face it they are corporate themselves, as much as some fans want to ignore the fact and live in the past). Cash is king

• Like 1

On 09/10/2023 at 21:02, Vlad the Fox said:

I was told towards the end of last season that the club were planning to go ahead with expansion despite relegation as they were planning on coming straight back up.

They need to get on with the expansion as it's vital if we are to ever progress again as a club 

• Like 1

Heard a rumour that the cost of construction has almost doubled owing to many factors and the scale is the issue to be financially viable it requires a huge international financing campaign and a whole redevelopment of that part of the City, the council haven’t been forthcoming with investment either, it’s stalled and potentially the project will require the club to seek a partner to make it happen, a number of American Private equity companies have expressed interest 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2