Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

9 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Why wouldn’t Leicestershire Police like us playing from home? 

Was referenced to forest new ground/city ground redevelopment.

2 minutes ago, WarehamFox said:

This thread has gone way off topic. Any news on stadium development?

Forest are paying for it and only get to use that part of the stadium when they move in with us

3 hours ago, foxpleasure said:

Why? It looks awful.!

History!  Not everything has to be a shiny glass and aluminium new build.   That said, the KP is hardly shiny these days 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, guest123 said:

I dread to think how much asbestos was in that stadium when it was knocked down

Yeah but you could get a half time brew for 70p, throw tickertape without being done for littering and spend the second half wondering why the back of your leg was now wet & warm.

So it balances out.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, iancognito said:

Yeah but you could get a half time brew for 70p, throw tickertape without being done for littering and spend the second half wondering why the back of your leg was now wet & warm.

So it balances out.

many a happy memory of being there in my youth days :-)

On 15/05/2024 at 20:13, Sol thewall Bamba said:

With the women playing there, I very much doubt the pitch could withstand another 23 games a season on top, even if we wanted to.

Did you go to Blackburn? The pitch was incredible. Our groundsman are top drawer.

1 minute ago, kenny said:

Did you go to Blackburn? The pitch was incredible. Our groundsman are top drawer.

It was great to see a creative design back. Our pitches used to look fantastic with all the different designs the year we won the league. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kenny said:

Yeah I did. 

But upwards of 60/70 games in 9 months would be difficult for even them to manage.

All hypothetical anyway because a ground share ain't happening.

• Like 1

On 16/05/2024 at 20:08, urban.spaceman said:

Still plenty of space in the car park - I've always wanted to see a scale model replica of Filbert Street as some sort of a fan village where fans can grab a drink or food and just sit in the "stands". Someone needs to pitch this to the club.

Only if in the middle of fake Filbert St there’s a model village version of Filbert St just for dogs. 

Forest won’t move to the King Power.

Also, the lack of movement on this redevelopment is a joke. 

A complete rebuild is out of the question as well. 

Genuine question, if tickets aren’t going on general sale and we’re charging people to get a membership etc, do we actually fill 40k a week? I’m not convinced we do. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sly said:

Forest won’t move to the King Power.

Also, the lack of movement on this redevelopment is a joke. 

A complete rebuild is out of the question as well. 

Genuine question, if tickets aren’t going on general sale and we’re charging people to get a membership etc, do we actually fill 40k a week? I’m not convinced we do. 

We will definitely fill 40k plus

• Like 1

On 20/05/2024 at 17:47, Daggers said:

Only if in the middle of fake Filbert St there’s a model village version of Filbert St just for dogs. 

and a model village version of the City Ground for the dogs to crap in?

22 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

We easily fill 40k in the EPL, and I think we would fill 45k.

If the club didnt do their best to shut fans out 

• Like 2

King Power must be losing money by having all that land lying derelict. Must come the time soon when they'll have to start the build or sell it off. No use to anyone in the state it is now.

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

King Power must be losing money by having all that land lying derelict. Must come the time soon when they'll have to start the build or sell it off. No use to anyone in the state it is now.

Builders sit on land for 20-30 years, it's not really a issue.

4 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I thought king power took out loans to do the work so must be paying a lot of interest