Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/05/2024 at 00:09, Ashley said:

Yes. Easily fill 40k

I've said it before in here and others too. 

Currently tickets that go to general sale are singles dotted about. The club is losing on money. People aren't going because they can't get 2/3/4 tickets together. 

Totally agree

• Like 1

Since the big announcement on page 1 that the plans were up, we've had 93 pages and over 2.5 years and still no news about a potential start date for the work. I get things move slowly in the planning world, but this shows the club do not have either the ability or the desire to get this done.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

Since the big announcement on page 1 that the plans were up, we've had 93 pages and over 2.5 years and still no news about a potential start date for the work. I get things move slowly in the planning world, but this shows the club do not have either the ability or the desire to get this done.

Or no money 🙁

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

I'd honestly scarp the plans now and make new ones, by the time we get this done 40K will already not be enough.

I'd imagine we would then move on to another part of the ground rather than make the existing plans even bigger

1 hour ago, Golden Fox said:

It’s been a total waste of time and money 

• Like 1

It's the year 2034
The Stadium Expansion thread has reached 1000 pages
The most recent update from the club was over 10 years ago
The fourth "any news yet?" comment in the past month has been posted

• Haha 3

On 27/05/2024 at 09:09, Ashley said:

Yes. Easily fill 40k

Currently tickets that go to general sale are singles dotted about. The club is losing on money. People aren't going because they can't get 2/3/4 tickets together. 

It happens here in Australia as well. It’s one of the issues ticket seller can’t seem to fix. We just had 3 “sellout “ games at the MCG, and the crowds were 88-91K each game for a ground that holds 100K. Members not attending and not on selling their seats and single seats left mess up to total availability of tickets. 

14 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Palace had been trying to sort this for years way before we’d applied. I wouldn’t be too upset. Things turn around eventually. The ownership has invested far too much in this to just call it quits imo.

• Like 2

On 27/05/2024 at 01:09, Ashley said:

Yes. Easily fill 40k

We have tickets going to general sale?

Feel we've missed the boat on this for a little while. If you think about the likely course of the next few seasons, we'll do very well not to be relegated this season so 25/26 will be Championship again. 26/27 back in the Prem if we bounce back, probably straight back into a relegation scrap. Survive that and then maybe in 27/28 we'll be a bit more established again and clear of the self inflicted financial issues. Obviously a lot of factors at play but hardly an absurd prediction.

Given how cautious they were about an expansion whilst we were very much established in the Prem I can't see them going for it whilst we're yo-yoing again.

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

We have tickets going to general sale?

Singles daggers. Singles. 

How many together unless an away team doesn't sell the away end out? None. 

23 hours ago, Golden Fox said:

Will never happen!