Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

Am I right in thinking that we would be able to claim revenue from the music venue arena to help strengthen our income.

Man City are doing this with the new coop live arena that has been built.

However hard to know if this is one of the many breaches against them or if this is something we should be trying to do to help strengthen our books

I guess we will never know but I bet top has been approached by various consortiums in the US as well as Middle East. If he ever chose to share the club which is more likely depending ding on the partner it might be really good for us investment wise.

53 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I guess we will never know but I bet top has been approached by various consortiums in the US as well as Middle East. If he ever chose to share the club which is more likely depending ding on the partner it might be really good for us investment wise.

I'd take Disney-  imagine the JV9 film

• 2 weeks later...

No bigger indicator of where LCFC and the ownership are at the moment than this. 

This is one of their biggest ways of increasing revenue. August 2021 - the initial plans were revealed. There has been zero official word on what's happening with it after permission given in December 2023. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

No bigger indicator of where LCFC and the ownership are at the moment than this. 

This is one of their biggest ways of increasing revenue. August 2021 - the initial plans were revealed. There has been zero official word on what's happening with it after permission given in December 2023. 

Easy to say with the benefit of hindsight but completing Seagrave before expansion was backwards too.

We could have sustainably increased our revenues but instead we added massive overhead first.

It's funny "Well it's just a business now not a football club" as quasi-defence of all the shit decisions doesn't work. Businesses typically get things right, people get sacked and they make money.

• Like 2

They have five years from plans approved to start work on expansion else they will need to re apply the application cost millions .  Apparently they will dig a hole somewhere around car park  so it's officially started which ensures they won't have to apply again .. 

Don't expect it any time soon 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Easy to say with the benefit of hindsight but completing Seagrave before expansion was backwards too.

We could have sustainably increased our revenues but instead we added massive overhead first.

It's funny "Well it's just a business now not a football club" as quasi-defence of all the shit decisions doesn't work. Businesses typically get things right, people get sacked and they make money.

That's not even hindsight though. It's so obvious that the ground should have been done before (plans should have been in motion several years before they actually were). Seagrave can make a difference but it's more of a vanity project than the stadium expansion, especially with what is planned.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

If expanding an existing stadium means parts of it are out of action during those works - that would equate to an initial hit to revenue because that’s seats you can’t sell. 

It’s also a huge undertaking - lots of things will need to be agreed and put in place before any concrete announcement could be made.

18 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

If expanding an existing stadium means parts of it are out of action during those works - that would equate to an initial hit to revenue because that’s seats you can’t sell. 

It’s also a huge undertaking - lots of things will need to be agreed and put in place before any concrete announcement could be made.

The plan has been to follow Liverpool's recent development of Anfield Road Stand and the main stand - ie. no capacity reductions. Throw in the recent prices increases as well - I don't foresee the incoming revenue any worse off. 

There's no need for a 'concrete' announcement. A polite update as to targeted dates etc, if tendering has progressed, the next stages in planning the project. As it stands, permission is given and everything is just sitting there. Clubs clubs such as Villa and Wolves have gone on record to say their plans are currently paused. At LCFC, no information either way. 

It's frustrating given it's an obstacle in other stadium related pieces such as the terrible service to food/drink outlets, safe standing and cynically the use of higher demand with a smaller capacity. 

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

The plan has been to follow Liverpool's recent development of Anfield Road Stand and the main stand - ie. no capacity reductions. Throw in the recent prices increases as well - I don't foresee the incoming revenue any worse off. 

There's no need for a 'concrete' announcement. A polite update as to targeted dates etc, if tendering has progressed, the next stages in planning the project. As it stands, permission is given and everything is just sitting there. Clubs clubs such as Villa and Wolves have gone on record to say their plans are currently paused. At LCFC, no information either way. 

It's frustrating given it's an obstacle in other stadium related pieces such as the terrible service to food/drink outlets, safe standing and cynically the use of higher demand with a smaller capacity. 

Makes more the issue than not starting work, the lack of communication.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Makes more the issue than not starting work, the lack of communication.

Dates are never fixed with construction, anyone with a balanced head can understand that - things always get delayed or altered or changed, it just happens. An explanation around how and why this has occurred is fine and doesn't need to be warts n all. 

I see more updates from someone like Cambridge City and their new stadium than a football club like our own. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

I think it wouldn't of made sense had we not gone up this season to start work (before it's pointed out I think theres an equally good chance we'll go straight back down) so in reality they would've only pushed the button on this at the end of May, so we haven't heard anything for a month which is very short term in the construction industry - they could either be getting the wheels in motion now and will announce shortly or sitting on it. As another poster pointed out, we have 3 years to put a spade in the ground. 

15 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I think it wouldn't of made sense had we not gone up this season to start work (before it's pointed out I think theres an equally good chance we'll go straight back down) so in reality they would've only pushed the button on this at the end of May, so we haven't heard anything for a month which is very short term in the construction industry - they could either be getting the wheels in motion now and will announce shortly or sitting on it. As another poster pointed out, we have 3 years to put a spade in the ground. 

Nice and easy then to release a statement saying the club want to establish themselves in the Premier League then before pushing forward - realistically the club won't able to start anything until next summer now - tendering process (or re-tender) plus site set-up makes it incredibly difficult now (construction industry member here :)). Looking at fixtures, November there's a four week gap where they might be able to get something started. 

As I have said I see more consultation from such matters from non-league clubs than a multi-million pound turnover professional 

27 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I think they'll have learnt a lot last season in a) the demand for tickets didn't diminish due to the catastrophic failings and relegation and b) despite numerous decisions that didn't consider the fanbase and again demand doesn't change. 

They'll got a captive audience, they can invest in the infrastructure and do what they want and we'll lap it up.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

So the last update was Dec 2023 - about six months ago where planning was agreed subject to conditions… and if you look at some of those conditions, there’s quite of work involved with them;

https://www.constructionnews.co.uk/buildings/leicester-stadium-plans-approved-with-counter-terror-conditions-15-12-2023/

Among the conditions is that before new external cladding is installed, a structural blast engineer is appointed to assess the effects of an explosion on the building, specifically on elements such as glazing and its roof.

Other conditions attached to the Leicester stadium expansion include submitting a plan for offsetting biodiversity impacts and limiting the number of non-sporting events at the stadium to 10 per year.

1 hour ago, nick6666 said:

They have five years from plans approved to start work on expansion else they will need to re apply the application cost millions .  Apparently they will dig a hole somewhere around car park  so it's officially started which ensures they won't have to apply again .. 

Don't expect it any time soon 

Perhaps we'll find another King :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

So the last update was Dec 2023 - about six months ago where planning was agreed subject to conditions… and if you look at some of those conditions, there’s quite of work involved with them;

https://www.constructionnews.co.uk/buildings/leicester-stadium-plans-approved-with-counter-terror-conditions-15-12-2023/

Among the conditions is that before new external cladding is installed, a structural blast engineer is appointed to assess the effects of an explosion on the building, specifically on elements such as glazing and its roof.

Other conditions attached to the Leicester stadium expansion include submitting a plan for offsetting biodiversity impacts and limiting the number of non-sporting events at the stadium to 10 per year.

Probably wise given the bombscares we have.

10 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Nice and easy then to release a statement saying the club want to establish themselves in the Premier League then before pushing forward - realistically the club won't able to start anything until next summer now - tendering process (or re-tender) plus site set-up makes it incredibly difficult now (construction industry member here :)). Looking at fixtures, November there's a four week gap where they might be able to get something started. 

As I have said I see more consultation from such matters from non-league clubs than a multi-million pound turnover professional 

Maybe if Top is looking to sell up in a cpl of years he thinks he will recoup more money from a club with approved plans than actually doing it himself (look at Everton). 

In truth we don't really know and our clubs communication style isn't an open book. From a supporter point of view it doesn't amke an ounce of difference to us until it comes to relocating seats when the time is right.  

Just now, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Nothing out of the ordinary for projects of this nature. I'd fully expect the consultancy that LCFC are using to project manage this to have the relevant contacts. 

The majority of the conditions as well at this stage don't stop construction either - it's common practice to work on these conditions whilst construction occurs and 'tick them off' throughout. If anything is overhanging, it stops occupation of the construction as opposed to the actual construction. 

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Nothing out of the ordinary for projects of this nature. I'd fully expect the consultancy that LCFC are using to project manage this to have the relevant contacts. 

The majority of the conditions as well at this stage don't stop construction either - it's common practice to work on these conditions whilst construction occurs and 'tick them off' throughout. If anything is overhanging, it stops occupation of the construction as opposed to the actual construction. 

Around 1/4 will be pre-commencement conditions such as the drainage, the Biodiversity and the terrorism stuff. It would be all sorted in a few months though.

Any delays are due to the club not wanting to commit to the build.

Has anyone local been contacted about if the construction works? 

That might give us an indication on if anything is actually happening with this.