Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Well it obviously does. Three individual points

1. The inability to increase our revenues after the most successful period the club has ever had has led to a direct impact on our ability to perform on the field ie. failure to adhere to FFP and the subsequent point deductions.

2. Ticket demand is higher than a 32,500 stadium - without even going into the ticket price/membership argument, it's stopped people from watching top flight football and maximising not only your ticket sales but also merchandise on the day sales - back to point 1. 

3. Finally, ambition. This is less defined but a supporter wants to feel that his club is forever striding to improve. In process you become more attractive to potential signings - you look like a club heading towards a sustainable level that the club is worthy of. 

Good points made

we NEED this expansion I would argue as urgently as any other business for the long term growth and sustainability etc 

• Like 1

On 01/07/2024 at 13:18, CosbehFox said:

Dates are never fixed with construction, anyone with a balanced head can understand that - things always get delayed or altered or changed, it just happens. An explanation around how and why this has occurred is fine and doesn't need to be warts n all. 

I see more updates from someone like Cambridge City and their new stadium than a football club like our own. 

That made me laugh. Went to Cambridge City's ground a couple of times, but it was demolished in 2013 after they were priced out. It certainly helps to focus the mind building a new stadium when you don't have one...

So I'm not sure we should be following their example when they have been homeless for 11 years!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sylofox said:

Why is she going to build the ground expansion hotel and arena?

We might have more chance of getting the extension if she managed it. Not like our muppets in charge 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Golden Fox said:

That made me laugh. Went to Cambridge City's ground a couple of times, but it was demolished in 2013 after they were priced out. It certainly helps to focus the mind building a new stadium when you don't have one...

So I'm not sure we should be following their example when they have been homeless for 11 years!

I didn’t state that. I stated follow their line of communication in regular updates. They are a non league club with volunteers but they’ve consistently released information on their situation. 

I say that in particular as this summer their ground at Sawston is very nearly complete and they did a great update two weeks ago detailing why they couldn’t move in yet. 

Edited by CosbehFox

18 hours ago, sylofox said:

Why is she going to build the ground expansion hotel and arena?

I’ve heard that they’ve stipulated that the new manager must be also proficient in DIY and have a screw fix account 😉:ph34r:

• Haha 3

On 16/06/2024 at 01:52, splinterdream said:

It's pretty ballsy to speculate to accumulate, and Vichai was one of those types, but is Top and his family?

I'd reckon the family are just too fearful to spend the money unless we had a maguire type transfer out or we were Europe again, without either of those, I think they're happy with the ways things are, I personally think it's short term thinking myself, but it's not my money and I want a season ticket 

You do realise we are in a recession and construction/materials costs are off the scale.

I'm sure the reasons for the delay are economic/bureaucratic rather than a lack of balls....

• Like 1

On 01/07/2024 at 13:11, CosbehFox said:

No bigger indicator of where LCFC and the ownership are at the moment than this. 

This is one of their biggest ways of increasing revenue. August 2021 - the initial plans were revealed. There has been zero official word on what's happening with it after permission given in December 2023. 

Well, no - it's not remotely an indicator.  We know that the club doesn't and never has given out much in the way of information about anything, so there's nothing to infer from continued silence other than 'the club don't communicate' - nothing: not good or bad.

The nature of most largescale construction projects features long periods where nothing seems to happen and then there's a flurry of activity - throw into the equation the economic downturn, rising costs and the relegation, there are all manner of things that could be slowing proceedings, including (and everyone seems to have overlooked this) - the ineptitude of LCC.

A lull in a project of this nature tells us nothing of 'where LCFC are at' - nothing at all, unless you choose to put 2 and 2 together and get 5.

• Like 1

On 01/07/2024 at 13:16, Stadt said:

Easy to say with the benefit of hindsight but completing Seagrave before expansion was backwards too.

We could have sustainably increased our revenues but instead we added massive overhead first.

It's funny "Well it's just a business now not a football club" as quasi-defence of all the shit decisions doesn't work. Businesses typically get things right, people get sacked and they make money.

But if we'd waited for the stadium process to be completed (remember, when seagrave was started we didn't even know if the stadium would be approved) - we'd be sitting here with no expansion and still waiting to start on seagrave - how would that have helped?

Clearly the club intend to do both projects, seagrave was the easier and more doable project, so they kicked on with that while the planning process for the stadium dragged on.

There is nothing to suggest that the progress of the stadium has been hindered by Seagrave.  Do you really think that if they'd not started seagrave we'd have a finished stadium, seagrave open two years before the council even approved the planning for the stadium.

On 01/07/2024 at 14:10, CosbehFox said:

The plan has been to follow Liverpool's recent development of Anfield Road Stand and the main stand - ie. no capacity reductions. Throw in the recent prices increases as well - I don't foresee the incoming revenue any worse off. 

There's no need for a 'concrete' announcement. A polite update as to targeted dates etc, if tendering has progressed, the next stages in planning the project. As it stands, permission is given and everything is just sitting there. Clubs clubs such as Villa and Wolves have gone on record to say their plans are currently paused. At LCFC, no information either way. 

It's frustrating given it's an obstacle in other stadium related pieces such as the terrible service to food/drink outlets, safe standing and cynically the use of higher demand with a smaller capacity. 

With all due respect that's not the sort of stuff the club are going to release - firstly, as i said before, because it's not the way the club works, and secondly, because it's meaningless to the vast majority of fans. 

Maybe we haven't had announcement that the plans are on pause because, um, they're not? Maybe there just isn't any new information that is worth sharing.  They have revealed that they acquire more of the land since permission was granted, so it's not entirely silent. 

Your average leicester fans won't care until the club do some kind of ceremony of laying the first stone or something - they wouldn't know what relevance a tendering date has, or even what one is.  Most fans don't want technical updates or info, they want pretty renders and a drone video showing the steels going in.  so until then, you'll just have to be patient - I get your frustration but i think you have expectations that are wildly unrealistic.

On 02/07/2024 at 15:21, CosbehFox said:

I didn’t state that. I stated follow their line of communication in regular updates. They are a non league club with volunteers but they’ve consistently released information on their situation. 

I say that in particular as this summer their ground at Sawston is very nearly complete and they did a great update two weeks ago detailing why they couldn’t move in yet. 

Yeah, but who (outside of cambridge) gives a føkk about cambridge city  - when you have a following of 3000 followers on instagram, you're working at a very local level. we have 7.9 million followers, we are very much in the spotlight - communication is a global practice, it's wholly unrealistic to expect the two clubs to behave in the same way. 

• Like 1

When you dissect all the financial problems, the clubs lack of relative feel good factor and the threat of another relegation through a massive points deduction, I suppose the Top family are not that bothered about any ground extension/development. I feel that we missed the tide and are now firmly stuck on a sand bank floundering with this one. Such a fantastic missed opportunity.        

• Like 1

On 01/07/2024 at 14:12, CosbehFox said:

Well it obviously does. Three individual points

1. The inability to increase our revenues after the most successful period the club has ever had has led to a direct impact on our ability to perform on the field ie. failure to adhere to FFP and the subsequent point deductions.

2. Ticket demand is higher than a 32,500 stadium - without even going into the ticket price/membership argument, it's stopped people from watching top flight football and maximising not only your ticket sales but also merchandise on the day sales - back to point 1. 

3. Finally, ambition. This is less defined but a supporter wants to feel that his club is forever striding to improve. In process you become more attractive to potential signings - you look like a club heading towards a sustainable level that the club is worthy of. 

🙌

On 12/07/2024 at 08:48, Oldblueyes said:

When you dissect all the financial problems, the clubs lack of relative feel good factor and the threat of another relegation through a massive points deduction, I suppose the Top family are not that bothered about any ground extension/development. I feel that we missed the tide and are now firmly stuck on a sand bank floundering with this one. Such a fantastic missed opportunity.        

Another one on the list of poor management of the club.  All that time in the EPL and the trophies, this not even being started is a sackable offence I think.

The relegation should have triggered start of the works, as then less construction time eats into EPL revenues, but again they didnt do it.

I do think they not committed to doing it at this point of time.

Unfortunately, it feels like this expansion has been a real opportunity missed to capitalise on that period of success and established status in the PL. As it's turned out, the 40k capacity Bede Island South stadium would have been ideal for how the club has progressed.

Edited by FoxesTalker

On 15/07/2024 at 09:36, FoxesTalker said:

Unfortunately, it feels like this expansion has been a real opportunity missed to capitalise on that period of success and established status in the PL. As it's turned out, the 40k capacity Bede Island South stadium would have been ideal for how the club has progressed.

Would have been great to have the Stadium on Bede Island

• Like 1