Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

36 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Did I miss something, has anything been announced?

No, just saying it's better we have something planned than nothing. And at least it's not some horrible industrial freight container food market vibe.

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Did I miss something, has anything been announced?

That's what I thought as well.:D  Never heard the phrase 'better late than never' used in that context before.

• Like 1

May be an image of 3 people, monument and text

Why can't we have something like this, you know something related to LCFC and not KP.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, davieG said:

May be an image of 3 people, monument and text

Why can't we have something like this, you know something related to LCFC and not KP.

I get your point but that is dreadful - that's the sort of thing we'd have been doing pre-kp.

We don't really know what plans they have for the interiors or for that matter the new shop, the fan zone or the pavilion. i'd like to think that they'll liaise with the foxes trust and the supporters groups.

• Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I get your point but that is dreadful - that's the sort of thing we'd have been doing pre-kp.

We don't really know what plans they have for the interiors or for that matter the new shop, the fan zone or the pavilion. i'd like to think that they'll liaise with the foxes trust and the supporters groups.

I'd bet a lot of money thet won't do any liasing.

3 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Hopefully an improvement on the murals at the back of SK4. Didn't know that Martin Sheen played for us.

57 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I'd bet a lot of money thet won't do any liasing.

Of course you wouldn't.

We'll see how things are when it's time to do stuff - maybe tensions might have subsided by then.

for all of the club's issues, there are certain media/marketing elements they seem to do well on.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lillehamring said:

Well we had the banner around the top of the stand which now says Kingpower - Badge - Est 1884 with the LCFC Football Club hidden behind the 2 big screens.

As they've so far shown absolutely nothing that would suggest they would do something that makes the stadium look like the home of LCFC rather KP in fact they've done the opposite I have zero belief that we'll see anything other than more KP branding. 

The supporters group are be completely side-lined on every issue raised by the fans.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Of course you wouldn't.

We'll see how things are when it's time to do stuff - maybe tensions might have subsided by then.

for all of the club's issues, there are certain media/marketing elements they seem to do well on.

As i've said before there focus seems to be entirely aim at maintaining a good face with the local community the complete opposite of how they treat the match going fans.

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Well we had the banner around the top of the stand which now says Kingpower - Badge - Est 1884 with the LCFC Football Club hidden behind the 2 big screens.

As they've so far shown absolutely nothing that would suggest they would do something that makes the stadium look like the home of LCFC rather KP in fact they've done the opposite I have zero belief that we'll see anything other than more KP branding. 

The supporters group are be completely side-lined on every issue raised by the fans.

I haven't researched this but i wouldn't be surprised if we're no different to any other club in this respect.

It's also worth considering that they've likely suspended spending any money on the stadium as it is, with a refurb expected as part of the expansion.

At the end of the day, owners have traditionally had their names all over clubs and stadia as long as football has existed - it doesn't seem such a big deal to me.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Of course you wouldn't.

I’d be interested to hear what you think they do well on. Always good to understand another perspective 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I’d be interested to hear what you think they do well on. Always good to understand another perspective 

With all due respect - you don't actually give a føkk about my opinion on most things, so i'm not going to take you up on this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Weird way of saying not much 👀

No, it's a perfectly reasonable response - i'm sure CosbehFox understands my reluctance to take up his offer, i'm surprised he even asked to be honest.

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

No, it's a perfectly reasonable response - i'm sure CosbehFox understands my reluctance to take up his offer, i'm surprised he even asked to be honest.

So....what so they do well?

9 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

We joke but it won't be long until other fans refer to us as King Power or KPFC.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

With all due respect - you don't actually give a føkk about my opinion on most things, so i'm not going to take you up on this.

Okay. Offer a branch and don’t take it, fair enough. 

• Sad 1