Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

2 minutes ago, WarehamFox said:

Sorry admin, is it possible to block this until something is announced by the club? There is no news, just pointless comments. 

I know your pain 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, WarehamFox said:

Sorry admin, is it possible to block this until something is announced by the club? There is no news, just pointless comments. 

Then just don't read it.

Some of us like pointless..

After all the team could be until Xmas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Then just don't read it.

Some of us like pointless..

After all the team could be until Xmas.

Don’t read! The point of a thread is to read news and updates of the thread. Not nothingness! I liked pointless when lanky goggles was on it 👍

17 minutes ago, WarehamFox said:

Don’t read! The point of a thread is to read news and updates of the thread. Not nothingness! I liked pointless when lanky goggles was on it 👍

If your locking threads until the club release news on it we might aswell shut the forum.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, WarehamFox said:

The point of a thread on a forum is for discussion. 

News and updates is for news sources 

23 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Martin George? Bloke who used to run weetabix? A known brand that you could buy in a supermarket down the road?

Just a bit different I'd say.

Maybe it wasn't him i'm thinking of - who was the guy who had the buses?

23 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

People have tattoos of their faces. Thats worship.

Examples - behaviour on trophy lifts, asking the media team to make their image bigger than players on title winning materials, gold, branding in the stadium, statue, images on the stadium, wording on comms alluding to only club success is down to them, shit show pre season, umpteen examples of sports washing for Thailand.

OK - i get your position.

I just can't rationalise such unwieldy cynicism - you win.

11 hours ago, Fox92 said:

At least Bournemouth have their best bits on those panels. We have nothing aside from "King Power" littered everywhere.

Most away grounds I go to have a nod to the clubs history, even Manchester City go it and their owners are among the biggest in the World.

As DavieG said - i don't get to the KP that often - but the way people are talking it sounds like there isn't a single reference to the team in the entire place - which i'm sure can't be true.

Well, as bad as you lot may think it is, right now - it'll never be worse than the time when alliance and leicester were sponsors, where they had their logo on every single føkking step!

The pain, as a disgruntled employee of theirs at the time, still lives with me today!

Guest Chocolate Teapot
8 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

A local bus company that people in the community could use as opposed to a duty free company that has no relevance to anyone apart from those attempting to get through customs at a Thai airport? 

On 08/11/2021 at 13:19, urban.spaceman said:

Easy to miss tidbits, part 1

Match Day Use

On match days there is opportunity for events throughout the proposed fan zone, building fan atmosphere and excitement leading up to the match. These events will have an emphasis on sports/football based activities, and interaction with the club retail shop will be vital.

Non-Match Day

Further to its match day uses, there is an opportunity for the proposed fan zone to function throughout the year, creating an exciting new civic hub within the city. The facilities provided by the surrounding buildings allow the fan zone to accommodate a range of potential non match day activities, such as,

1. Sports Events

• Street football

• Basketball

• Drone and robot events

2. Food Festivals

3. Artistic and Cultural events

• Festival of lights (Lumiere London)

• Diwali

• Ramadan/Eid

• Easter

• Christmas Market

• Ice Rink

• Colour Run

4. Cars and antiques show

5. Exhibitions -Open Air

6. Exhibitions under temporary cover

7. Concerts

8. University events

9. Fashion and Textiles shows

10. Carnival

11. Marathon - Start and Finish point

12. Riverside Festival potential extension

Well, maybe we can just do away with football and just have robot wars? 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Epsom? 

Bar a few advert boards I can’t remember Page and Moy plastered everywhere. 

Certainly didn’t sponsor a stand or the shirt for example 

7 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Epsom? 

Bar a few advert boards I can’t remember Page and Moy plastered everywhere. 

Certainly didn’t sponsor a stand or the shirt for example 

No, but the point is - to a lesser extent (it's a billion dollar global industry now, of course)  - owners and board members have been a presence throughout the history of the game, there've always been rich local businessmen getting involved, probably making a 'nice littlle earner' out of the hospitality and what not - so, it isn't a new phenomenon, and it isn't something that only KP do.  Mandaric was always getting in on photo-ops, abramovich was a presence for years at chelsea, that bloke at newcastle and his sports direct (how did we overlook him!) was a complete mercenary.  

Maybe KP need to have a think, probably need to be careful - but are they alone, are they the worst - not really.

43 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Kinch

I having nothing against it being King Power Stadium, the statue and KP plastered around the stadium it's the little amount of LCFC related stuff a lot of which has been removed since their takeover. We've lost a lot of references to LCFC, there's virtually no reference to any past or current players. The imbalance between KP and LCFC is way off.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

No, but the point is - to a lesser extent (it's a billion dollar global industry now, of course)  - owners and board members have been a presence throughout the history of the game, there've always been rich local businessmen getting involved, probably making a 'nice littlle earner' out of the hospitality and what not - so, it isn't a new phenomenon, and it isn't something that only KP do.  Mandaric was always getting in on photo-ops, abramovich was a presence for years at chelsea, that bloke at newcastle and his sports direct (how did we overlook him!) was a complete mercenary.  

Maybe KP need to have a think, probably need to be careful - but are they alone, are they the worst - not really.

No ones doubted what you are saying in that post but your exact wording which you’ve been challenged on was ‘At the end of the day, owners have traditionally had their names all over clubs and stadia as long as football has existed - it doesn't seem such a big deal to me.’ 

You have mentioned that other LCFC chairmen pushing their business through the club yet none of them sponsored the shirt, stadium or a stand for example like the existing owners have. 

Edited by CosbehFox

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Kinch

I having nothing against it being King Power Stadium, the statue and KP plastered around the stadium it's the little amount of LCFC related stuff a lot of which has been removed since their takeover. We've lost a lot of references to LCFC, there's virtually no reference to any past or current players. The imbalance between KP and LCFC is way off.

There are many images inside the stadium, but few fans see them unless they take a stadium tour.

Heritage is one of many aspects that the new Fans Advisory Board will have in its remit, so lack of recognition of our past outside the stadium will be discussed.

The Foxes Trust has always wanted a physical museum created, this is in the plans of the expanded development when that eventually goes ahead

• Like 3

14 hours ago, WarehamFox said:

What do you think the whole point of this discussion forum is?

1 hour ago, Lcfcwigstonblue said:

Am I right in thinking planning permission is only granted for a period of time?

Correct 

46 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

3 years but you just have to ‘start’ it. So as simple as a spade in the ground 

Normally 3 but king power’s request for 5 years was accepted