Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheStig

Effect of results on our mood?

How does the performance of the team affect fans´ mood? Being abroad, matches are followed on dodgy streams with one eye on FT (which does not necessarily contribute to good weekend moods). A bad performance with no passion or desire on our part makes me want to switch to watching chess and I question my own sanity on being so dependant on football results. If we win and have played well there is a spring in my step. I am willing to discuss with "locals" how cool a team Leicester City is to follow and how entertaining and a fighting squad we have. Seagrave, Rodgers, Tielemans et al - when the opposite happens. Not a lot of banter, "overpaid lazy footballers - not worth their huge salaries etc. etc.

I wonder if the players realise the influence they and the club have on our daily lives........?

How are you affected - interesting to know if I am the only one......

Depends for me if I go the game and we lose/draw but it's still a good day I don't care as much (like yesterday at Leeds). If I don't go and we lose it winds me up more, probably a sober thing as well as I don't really drink at home.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ren said:

Depends for me if I go the game and we lose/draw but it's still a good day I don't care as much (like yesterday at Leeds). If I don't go and we lose it winds me up more, probably a sober thing as well as I don't really drink at home.

This is spot on and was thinking this the other day. Since moving country I’ve got two major disadvantages:

1. Every minute is televised and commented on by some moron who doesn’t know the club at all

2. I’m not there experiencing the rest of the atmosphere so it literally is down to the result. Going to games semi regularly before you’d have a shout and get it all out there, time with family, shit beer and pie and it’s a good day regardless

• Like 2

I flew out to malaga on the Sunday morning after the Man Utd game. 

Wore a Leicester top to travel in and, when I got to Luton Airport, there were quite a few in Leicester shirts. 

Had we lost, on the Saturday, I'd have worn something else or kept my jacket zipped up. 

What a saddo, I know😄😄

• Like 1

If we lose, then the second the final whistle goes, I'll turn off, get stoned, have a really good wank, not watch MOTD and forget about football entirely till the next day. I admit that chess would be hard, because I would be in the middle of analysing a daring rook sacrifice and somehow the thought of Soyuncu and his latest present to the opposition would appear, so I would prefer to get stoned as a bastard. It works for me. 

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Milo said:

It has evolved over time, for me.

When I was younger, I enjoyed wins and endured losses in equal amounts. 

The great escape season I enjoyed most matches - win, lose or draw. The season after was ok, too.

Nowadays, losses seem to make me a little more miserable than wins make me happy.

(And slow, dull, passive, lethargic performances just make me fvcking angry)

So, yeah, I've been mostly angry since about February.   

It is the manner of the defeat for me. I genuinely think it’s worse to be terrible and dominated than to concede a 90th minute goal. 

give me the deeney moment over legia any day. At least you feel pride when your teams given their all 

Just now, Lambert09 said:

It is the manner of the defeat for me. I genuinely think it’s worse to be terrible and dominated than to concede a 90th minute goal. 

give me the deeney moment over legia any day. At least you feel pride when your teams given their all 

Funny how we all differ isn’t it. For me it’s the severity of the game and what it means. Legia raised a smirk off me and I thought it was cute that they made t-shirts. The Deeney moment nearly cost me my second year of uni, I was sat there staring in a contract law exam rethinking the whole debacle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, StanSP said:

This place makes me feel worse about most defeats as opposed to the performances sometimes lol lol

Even when we win you get miserably dragged down to the fvcking pits lol

And there's no escape Stan. We're gonna make you miserable for the rest of your life my friend 

11 minutes ago, thursday_next said:

If we lose, then the second the final whistle goes, I'll turn off, get stoned, have a really good wank, not watch MOTD and forget about football entirely till the next day. I admit that chess would be hard, because I would be in the middle of analysing a daring rook sacrifice and somehow the thought of Soyuncu and his latest present to the opposition would appear, so I would prefer to get stoned as a bastard. It works for me. 

This is nice. I hit my deadlift PR after Slavia I was so ****ed off about it lol 

Feel ecstatic after a win, sleep well and happy until the next match. Trying to deal with the disappointments is getting better but mental health takes a battering - usually lingers for 48 hrs.  Worst case scenario is after watching a tense tight match where a winning position (or even a draw) is undone - that really does me in!

• Like 2

Honestly I don't feel too much these days, only time I felt really vexed was the Bournemouth game. I feel like after the league win football is pretty much completed not really going to get any better than that. FA Cup really brought that feeling back though but we are in such a stable position now it's almost not worth getting pissed off at as much 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, KFS said:

Funny how we all differ isn’t it. For me it’s the severity of the game and what it means. Legia raised a smirk off me and I thought it was cute that they made t-shirts. The Deeney moment nearly cost me my second year of uni, I was sat there staring in a contract law exam rethinking the whole debacle.

I think I don’t mind the negative emotions, it makes you appreciate the good moments more. Part of what makes the sport great, extreme highs and lows.  It’s the nothingness I can’t stand. 

Bournemouth, slavia and maybe even villa in the cup are the worst I’ve felt.  Games that you know you can and should be doing so much better in. The feeling that the team just didn’t do what it should be doing. They are the low points in football for me.  In the same way I look back at the team relegated to league 1 and didn’t think the same, because that team was simply poor. They didn’t underperform, they were just terrible. 

Relegation hurts, but there is sometimes a feeling that maybe the club needs it, they deserved to go down and need a chance to rebuild and start again. The same optimism that a new manager can bring. 

• Like 1

Better than it used to be and certainly in recent years due to the ’transition’ I really don’t feel too bothered or much empathy that I can buy into how we play.

Just a general feeling of ‘meh’.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1