Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheStig

Effect of results on our mood?

I am from Leicester, Grew up on New Parks...I eat shit for breakfast, puke for lunch, and Finish the Left overs for dinners..

Whats a mood, when you have One all day..

Got on a bus Stumbled over miserable bggars, got on Boat climbed over Sick bggars, got  on a plane, Landed with the same who carried their Moods

In a suitcase, started to Take a very long  hike & kept on going & discovered the Space & beauty where Moody blues were a rock group only...

Shared my bread with New folk  & Wild animals, hardened my Soul & mind to the vigours of life,found New & and long lost corners

where fear & Moods were Not an option...

Dined at both high & low tables, Shared frowns ,disaster, & Laughter with all.

Looked curious folk  & puzzled mountain ,Jungle Animals in the eye  softened & reassured their gaze.

Never once did I allow  again my life to minger or Cross with fickle moods....

but if I See fking One more time...a fox in a blue shirt...Pass that ball fking backwards....

I'll fking Fly back over...They will soon learn what a fking Mood Really is..!!!

Let me at 'em....pleeeeeeaaaasee, kill,kill!!!!!

• Haha 1

Guest Danny Clender

Yep, as I look back, It has done at some points in my life.

Thinking back, it's usually coincided with post break up's i.e Martin O'Neil, Nigel Pearson I and Claudio Ranieri. 

I don't waste time feeling like that now, but I still love to see it when other people tell me it or I read it on here, lovely stuff. 

Other than "serious" football fans, about the only thing that steams my jets these days in football are the international breaks :facepalm:.

I thought as I grew older and now that we've had real success in the last few years I wouldn't be so affected by our results. 

If anything I'm getting even more mardy and after a bad result I can't watch MOTD, I'm not interested in anything pertaining to the Premier League and I'm a proper mardy git for days

After the Arsenal result I'd still not recovered by the Moscow game which again didn't help my mood - I can just about rationalise that the Leeds result wasn't too bad. 

The International Break doesn't help although the England games do help with my insomnia  

Edited by Crazy Kop Corner
  • Like 1

Things that don't generally put me in a bad mood:

- losing when we've given it a go

- being outclassed by a more skilful team

- bad luck

- 50/50 decisions not going our way 

Things that do put me in a bad mood:

- Capitulating without giving it a go

- Making the same mistakes week in, week out

- any sign of a lack of effort or players not looking arsed about losing

- refs having a stinker (Brighton) or not dealing with time-wasting (Burnley)

• Like 3

The thought of a new game either puts me in a great mood or gives me feelings of uneasy apprehension. After a defeat I’m normally annoyed. If we’ve played well or we’ve seen some good performances then I’m fairly optimistic.

Edited by Foxxed

It all depends on if there something to play for, if it is relegation there comes a point that it is too late and resignation sets in, so you almost stop caring.  If like the last 2 season's there is the top 4 place up for grabs, resignation sets in 2 or 3 games before the end, when you know we are going to blow it again, so I start to protect myself from bad moods.  Sometimes mid table mediocrity is the best for mental well being, because you can finish the season early and not worry/care too much.  Winning in 2015/16 was tormenting, but best experience as a fan, although there were too many sleepless nights and mood swings for my liking.