Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox1980

Set Pieces

I cant understand why Evans doesn’t attack the ball in the way that Mings and Konta do defensively. Bugger the system just go and head the ball way …Pipes was just saying he watched  Evans playing for Northern Ireland and he was first to every header - that’s the only system we need ::::

The problem is made worse because every team we play will look at our set piece play and target this area. Vicious circle. 

In the short term we'll have to back to a back 5. I'd feel more confident with Dan there and at least Kel gets back in the team. Too good to leave out of this team. 

I started the original thread in the previous season about our set pieces.

At least our attacking set pieces are better now. Defensively, I think somehow we've got worse at them!

I don't think it's an issue of system but of aggression and confidence. Teams that play against us know our vulnerability, and our defence gets nervous. The lack of leadership is especially concerning, someone needs to get a grip on the pitch and make sure the players are doing their jobs properly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peterborofox said:

I've never seen something go on like this before.....it's an embarrassment. Absolute disgrace.

Rodgers saying we're working on it isn't good enough. Definition of madness is trying the same thing again and again expecting different result. 

Kolo Toure is a Joker too, what is he offering???

When are people also going to start criticising Kasper too for his part in this? Elite shop stopper, woeful in the air. He is a flapper.

Watch how many times we put a corner on and the opposition keeper plucks it out the air. Kasper NEVER ever ever does this. It's bad enough having defenders who can't be aggressive but he's equally to blame. He shits himself every time a corner ball comes within two yards of him. It's pathetic.

Being a short arse doesn't help his cause!

But he's undroppable isn't he!?

Is it because we're just too nice and not aggressive as a team? Bar Vardy and Ndidi (sometimes) we have nothing about us. Look at Villa today - Mings, Cash, mcGinn all nasty bastards. And they're hardly known for it. Burnley have 11 like that! We're just totally soft in attitude. I think things like that play a part in set pieces 

7 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Is it because we're just too nice and not aggressive as a team? Bar Vardy and Ndidi (sometimes) we have nothing about us. Look at Villa today - Mings, Cash, mcGinn all nasty bastards. And they're hardly known for it. Burnley have 11 like that! We're just totally soft in attitude. I think things like that play a part in set pieces 

Spot on, also what really got me when KDH was fouled in the penalty box and he was the only Leicester player to complain to the ref, non of his team mates backed him up. They just didn't seem bothered, just carried on as nothing had happened, no wonder the ref didn't get it checked by VAR

• Like 1

A bit late Brendan as only a few weeks ago you said set pieces were not a problem but now it's our Achilles heal.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-citys-achilles-heel-could-6306689

“Our Achilles' heel is killing us, defending set-pieces,” Rodgers said. “We keep conceding and it's undoing a lot of good work and it's sapping confidence.

“In the first half we should have scored more than one. In the second half, we didn't start so fast, but then the corner we conceded from was hugely disappointing. Then you’re chasing the game. We definitely have to look at the structure of it.

"It’s been constant, a lot of hours into analysing each opponent. You have to do your job as well, you have a responsibility to mark Konsa because we know he stays out at the back post.

“We are not being caught out with something really clever, we know Konsa and Mings are their big targets in the box.

We've definitely had worse defences. Much worse defences. But in my 30 years of following us I genuinely can't remember us ever being this bad at defending set pieces. Conceding a corner at the minute is only mildly better than giving away a penalty!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, turlo said:

A bit late Brendan as only a few weeks ago you said set pieces were not a problem but now it's our Achilles heal.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-citys-achilles-heel-could-6306689

“Our Achilles' heel is killing us, defending set-pieces,” Rodgers said. “We keep conceding and it's undoing a lot of good work and it's sapping confidence.

“In the first half we should have scored more than one. In the second half, we didn't start so fast, but then the corner we conceded from was hugely disappointing. Then you’re chasing the game. We definitely have to look at the structure of it.

"It’s been constant, a lot of hours into analysing each opponent. You have to do your job as well, you have a responsibility to mark Konsa because we know he stays out at the back post.

“We are not being caught out with something really clever, we know Konsa and Mings are their big targets in the box.

Maybe don't worry as much about the opponent and implement a defensive system that works for us first and foremost.