Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

January 2022 Transfer Window

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We've possibly 1 spot but does seem unlikely we'll do much business other than to get rid of unwanted players if we can.

Just shows though how much of an overhaul we need as we are " full " of 1st team players and yet the balance isn't right, I'm now in the mindset of us ripping it apart and going again. 

Good players in the main who don’t fit together.  A poorly constructed squad that’s going to be very difficult to fix.

23 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Good players in the main who don’t fit together.  A poorly constructed squad that’s going to be very difficult to fix.

Things can change quickly but it requires movement of several of them to start to really make a difference. If we try and be stubborn and make changes gently we'll not escape this as we're on the verge of losing players at knock down fees / going on frees worth tens of millions. Its a huge risk ripping up the squad but we've little choice, it's the end of an era for a bunch of these.

25 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

In fairness, at times, quite a number of them have been played out of their best positions on numerous occasions. Some because of injuries but mostly due to the servicing of formations or whims of the manager.

I still think that with the right selections, formations, combined with round pegs in round holes, we have more than a decent squad. Not the best comparison I know but, if you look at the performances and results of Chelsea under Lampard then, within a relatively short space of time with the same players, Tuchel had them climbing the league and winning in Europe! Whilst we're no Chelsea, neither is Rodgers a Tuchel but I honestly believe he should be getting more from what he's got and he's as much part of the problem if not more so. That doesn't equate to me saying Rodgers out but somethings got to give soon. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

In fairness, at times, quite a number of them have been played out of their best positions on numerous occasions. Some because of injuries but mostly due to the servicing of formations or whims of the manager.

I still think that with the right selections, formations, combined with round pegs in round holes, we have more than a decent squad. Not the best comparison I know but, if you look at the performances and results of Chelsea under Lampard then, within a relatively short space of time with the same players, Tuchel had them climbing the league and winning in Europe! Whilst we're no Chelsea, neither is Rodgers a Tuchel but I honestly believe he should be getting more from what he's got and he's as much part of the problem if not more so. That doesn't equate to me saying Rodgers out but somethings got to give soon. 

It's really a double-whammy.  You have a manager who loves to play guys out of position even when he doesn't have to, and a squad that's imbalanced when everyone does play in their best position.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

It's really a double-whammy.  You have a manager who loves to play guys out of position even when he doesn't have to, and a squad that's imbalanced when everyone does play in their best position.

I certainly agree with your first point. It doesn't matter how much a Rodgers fan some people are, surely there's not many of us that at times, have looked at the line up and can't quite fathom it out 🤣.

I think he's completely confused some of the players and others, particularly the younger one's, will understandably follow to the letter, their managers instructions, as to not do so and follow their football brain, they run the risk of not being played again. Some of the more senior one's  are also starting to look quite frustrated at times and unconvinced.

• Like 2

Ziyech seems very similar to Mahrez. Not sure he's as good as Mahrez in all honesty but similar in the sense he's a similar position, same stronger foot, albeit probably relies more on his shooting/crossing than dribbling and first touch, and is probably a bit of a luxury. 

Don't think Lingard's a bad player but don't think he'd flourish anywhere near as much here as he did at West Ham.

Edited by Dan LCFC

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Ziyech seems very similar to Mahrez. Not sure he's as good as Mahrez in all honesty but similar in the sense he's a similar position, same stronger foot, albeit probably relies more on his shooting/crossing than dribbling and first touch, and is probably a bit of a luxury. 

Don't think Lingard's a bad player but don't think he'd flourish anywhere near as much here as he did at West Ham.

...he (Lingard) is a live wire!!!

We need proactive people in our team and in a central position, that is always looking to get us going forward.

He would be a breath of fresh air, until we suffocate him with bizarre tactics thus illiciting an apathetic attitude. We do seem to suck the life out of our players. 

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Not disrespecting your opinion by any means, but I see that view a lot, and I just don't get it.  Why is a player like that a luxury?  If you're a club that wants to push for the CL aren't players like that a necessity?

15 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Ziyech would be such a dream. I genuinely have no idea how he has been so out of favour.  It seems that whenever he plays he has an impact. 

That’s one player I wish would have come here when we were linked with him, just another story of Chelsea bringing in another quality player and keeping him benched most of the time !

I'm translating this myself

We're suposedly interested (also Everton) in Arnau Comas, u23 CB playing for Barcelona. He wants to succeed at Bercelona but he'd be open to the move. His contract runs out in 2022 but it's prorrogable until 2024

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Not disrespecting your opinion by any means, but I see that view a lot, and I just don't get it.  Why is a player like that a luxury?  If you're a club that wants to push for the CL aren't players like that a necessity?

I don't disagree at all - I think you can probably get away with playing one but maybe not more than that, unless your other players are absolutely exceptional (ours aren't).

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he (Lingard) is a live wire!!!

We need proactive people in our team and in a central position, that is always looking to get us going forward.

He would be a breath of fresh air, until we suffocate him with bizarre tactics thus illiciting an apathetic attitude. We do seem to suck the life out of our players. 

I think there's truth in this - I don't really think anybody is flourishing at the minute, we're miles off a well balanced side. It's why Soumare, who has been about 6/10 for me, is hard to really judge so far.

12 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Hakim is similar but is much more of a playmaker than mahrez. He's just being deployed very poorly st Chelsea. He's not a right centre fw. Hes a winger and an occasional #10

6 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Hakim is similar but is much more of a playmaker than mahrez. He's just being deployed very poorly st Chelsea. He's not a right centre fw. Hes a winger and an occasional #10

Ziyech is a lightweight who doesn't defend , hence Tuchell is unimpressed. He could go to Man City (who can afford his high wages) instead of Mahrez and they won't notice much difference. Riyad will be on his bike shortly I reckon.

• Like 1

On 18/11/2021 at 02:49, FoxinNotts said:

Imagine picking up Ziyech or Lingard :beer:

On 18/11/2021 at 03:09, Ric Flair said:

Or Van de Beek....

The player I would be interested in signing would be Raphina, but doubtful Leeds would sell.

VDB’s problem at ManU could be lack of playing time (or a clueless manager), but given what he would cost it would too much of a gamble if it turns out otherwise.  I would easily take Raphina over Ziyech, and can afford to take the ‘risk’ of waiting to get Lingard on a free over the summer. Frankly, I expect no significant signing over the winter window but would love to be pleasantly surprised.

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

What a mental signing Vestergaard was. We're £15m poorer and he's being kept out of the team by Amartey. 

Easy to say in hindsight, but I wish we waited.

Can you imagine the outrage on here if we'd not signed anyone?  He was a panic buy and on the surface it wasnt a terrible deal as he'd had a good season and euros.  As frustrated as I am with how its turned out, im still glad the club acknowledged we needed to bring someone in. 

Credit to Big Dan for stepping up and making the place his. 

1 hour ago, NaijaFox said:

The player I would be interested in signing would be Raphina, but doubtful Leeds would sell.

VDB’s problem at ManU could be lack of playing time (or a clueless manager), but given what he would cost it would too much of a gamble if it turns out otherwise.  I would easily take Raphina over Ziyech, and can afford to take the ‘risk’ of waiting to get Lingard on a free over the summer. Frankly, I expect no significant signing over the winter window but would love to be pleasantly surprised.

Lingard likely joins West Ham on a free at the end of the season.

Man U may let him go out on loan in January or for a fee to a club not challenging for a top 4 spot currently or a club abroad, otherwise they'll just have to let his contract run down

8 hours ago, justfoxes said:

That’s one player I wish would have come here when we were linked with him, just another story of Chelsea bringing in another quality player and keeping him benched most of the time !

... he would never have wanted to come here, we were not big enough!!!

For him to come here would be a big thing for him as well  as us. It would  be proof that his perceptions were incorrect  and an admission that he had failed at his chosen club, for us it will be a great acquisition and a filip to the team.

15 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Ziyech couldn't lace Mahrez's right boot. He's not cut out for the premier league at all and his attitude looks pretty poor, he doesn't look exactly like he's bursting his arse whenever he does play to try and make it work. He'd do well in a less physical league where the pace is slower.

• Like 3