Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

CHE Home Match Thread

Guest Col city fan

I can appreciate how good Chelsea are. Their manager has got them exceptionally well drilled

What I can’t take is why on earth we’d go two in the middle AND our lack of organisation and effort?

They have 2 and it could have been a lot lot more 

We can only hope for a better second half 

Ref has ruined this one. Allowed the diving to be given as freekicks and now he's set it the precedence he can't go back. They've cheated that half completely, made it so we can't even challenge to win the ball. 

As for the freekicks given for Amartey and Evans challenges where they won the ball. The ref was blowing before the challenge was made. 

It's many that we've been unable to play any form of attack. Think there is some sort of record for freekicks given there, surely. 

• Like 1

Awful first half. 

Barnes non existent likewise midfield incapable of holding the ball. Worse than the usual sideways and backwards passing is the inability to pass 5 yards or track runners. Really look overwhelmed and under prepared.

F#&k zonal marking. We can't do it. It's one of many things that are killing us. 

The ref has been sh!te but we haven't helped ourselves with the poor play

• Like 1

Done. I'm not allocating anymore of my Saturday to this sh!te. 

2 weeks to prepare and you still can't identify that Rudiger is a threat from corners. No one near him and no one on the post. Pathetic. 

Half of FT saw this coming, why Rodgers couldn't is beyond me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxhateram said:

Ref has ruined this one. Allowed the diving to be given as freekicks and now he's set it the precedence he can't go back. They've cheated that half completely, made it so we can't even challenge to win the ball. 

As for the freekicks given for Amartey and Evans challenges where they won the ball. The ref was blowing before the challenge was made. 

It's many that we've been unable to play any form of attack. Think there is some sort of record for freekicks given there, surely. 

Joke of the day candidate? 

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's been men against boys. I think Amartey is going to be sent off so we might as well go 4 at the back and put an extra man in midfield. 

Evans just as likely for me. Got a temper on him

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tanya said:

A rare bit of positivity; I like Lookman. I'd be signing him permnamently if the price is right. Him and Daka look like prudent signings.

The other three look completely off it. 

I remain Rodgers in but this form line is so worrying. It's like everyone has lost their zip. We can't rely on Fofana and Justin to improve this.

This is my worry, we're pinning a lot on two players who will be coming back from horrendous injuries and expecting them to be on it from the first minute... it won't happen. There is something more fundamentally wrong in the team at present.

1 minute ago, blabyboy said:

Soumare off -> Maddison on

Barnes or Lookman off -> Nacho on

hold Daka in reserve... just go all out.

I’d give it 5 mins before Maddison collapses because he’s body’s broken down. No way can he cover that middle with the way we’re playing. Soumare has been poor but it’s because of the system, it’s completely flawed.

Guest MarshallForEngland

We don't know what to do with a team like this. They must love playing against us, we're so soft. Dunno if it's just an illusion but I would be interested to know what the average height of our starting 11 is compared to theirs, it genuinely looks like dads playing against their kids at times. 

Usually when a team is bad you can still find a positive. I’m struggling. 

Are we well organised? God no.

Can we defend? Like **** we can.

Do we press and work hard? You joking? 
Can we attack with flair? Seldom. 

It’s just bad. Bad. Bad. Bad. Bad. Bad.

If United truly do want BR then just go now so someone less talented and less gifted can come in who will at least set us up to be organised and hard to beat. I’d rather watch Burnley right now. 

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, kingfox said:

Terrible.

Soumare is the player who is pissing me off the most, the amount of times this guy gets overrun is a fvcking joke.

He’s been dreadful 

He’s overweight and slow 

But KNOWING that, why on earth would you play two in the middle??

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I can appreciate how good Chelsea are. Their manager has got them exceptionally well drilled

What I can’t take is why on earth we’d go two in the middle AND our lack of organisation and effort?

They have 2 and it could have been a lot lot more 

We can only hope for a better second half 

Exactly This. Fair to Chelsea they are very good but our shite defending, team having zero energy in the middle third and Soumaré getting caught out and having a little jog alongside Kante cost us the goals.