Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

CHE Home Match Thread

Got to do something - I would say Madison for Soumare.  If I remember, Mendy and Ndidi together rarely worked, and this is the same. Take Marc off and try Nacho or Daka, or Kiernan for Harvey or Ade.  3 defenders on a yellow says that we have a red in us somewhere, but we have nothing to lose now.

3 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Get rid of the manager.

Tactically inept. 

Things is - we know f all and we could see it was a tactical disaster without some kind of plan 

Every Sunday I watch my son and his U11 playing out from the back cos they aren’t allowed to kick it long - they concede because the opponent knows this is how they play and press them into errors 

Paying to watch us do it is painful - not paying is also painful!

chelsea have kicked as many long as they have short - why do we have to do it 

Edited by st albans fox

Soumare isn’t to standard as far as I’m concerned. It looking like an expensive mistake so far. Offers about the same as Silva did. 

We’ve lost that feel good feeling at the moment.

If it wasn’t for Daka, who isn’t getting minutes really, then we’d be saying the last window was as poor as 16/17. 

Our form is awful. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jim5000 said:

Soumare is anything but run ragged, he’s jogging around at half pace. It’s Ndidi and Soumare that are not doing their jobs, the defence are onto a hiding to nothing, Chelsea running at them at will, just like every other match this season

It’s 4 v 2 in the middle. The back 5 are pretty much watching them get run about into he middle. Awful tactically.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Exactly This. Fair to Chelsea they are very good but our shite defending, team having zero energy in the middle third and Soumaré getting caught out and having a little jog alongside Kante cost us the goals. 

In fairness, soumare is just up to speed in the pl...now he is part of a two tsking on Chelsea's mid.

We needed 3 in mf

6 minutes ago, Tanya said:

A rare bit of positivity; I like Lookman. I'd be signing him permnamently if the price is right. Him and Daka look like prudent signings.

The other three look completely off it. 

I remain Rodgers in but this form line is so worrying. It's like everyone has lost their zip. We can't rely on Fofana and Justin to improve this.

I don't think Lookman has done anything. He's a poor man's Traore just running around without any impact or influence really. I could run around like an idiot and get passed around like I was a (mobile) traffic cone. Wouldn't make me a good player. 

• Like 1

Just now, foxile5 said:

Nobody was picking up Rudiger for their first. Utterly criminal. But there aren't any problems with set pieces, so I hear. 

The point is, we all know he’s the threat, why can’t the club see it. 

6 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I've said this for a while. Winning the fa Cup was amazing but for nearly 12 months I haven't enjoyed our games. I'm becoming really disillusioned with it and it's because I know this manager and group of players are miles better than they are showing. Weve had worse times and worse players/managers but in the past we've almost just accepted being shit for most of the years between O'Neill and Pearson but this group of players and manager are as infuriating as I've known for a long time. It's just horrible to watch us. I'm not even watching today as my sky isn't working but I can imagine how shocking we will be. Same shit every week. I don't expect us to win any game anymore, doesn't matter who we are playing 

Yeah, if we have shit players and have a poor infrastructure setup, I would be content. But it is infuriating to watch us underperform so much. There is no spirit in our play. We have no endeavour or adventure going forward. Years of Rodgers conservatism has ruin our fearless spirit.

By the way, can someone tell Barnes to drop back a bit to get the ball. He has so much talent. Go and get the ball as otherwise no one can pass to him.

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

I'm a big fan of Brendan but I can't defend him, the set piece issue - it's literally inexplicable. It's every single week. Bizarre. 

Rodgers is not good with formations or tactics. Or making changes to the shape of the team when it’s clearly not working.  It’s quite unbelievable how highly rated he is. 

We are so soft it's embarrassing, we get bullied, we let players walk through us, no one looks to take control or lay in to someone who isn't performing I stead we just wave our arms around. Our manager stands on the same spot of his technical area week in week out, arms folded or hands in pockets looking lost.

8 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Ref has ruined this one. Allowed the diving to be given as freekicks and now he's set it the precedence he can't go back. They've cheated that half completely, made it so we can't even challenge to win the ball. 

As for the freekicks given for Amartey and Evans challenges where they won the ball. The ref was blowing before the challenge was made. 

It's many that we've been unable to play any form of attack. Think there is some sort of record for freekicks given there, surely. 

We blame refs too much for our poor performances. It's us, not the refs. 

• Like 2