Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

CHE Home Match Thread

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Agreed. My worry is that Chelsea battered a Burnley side who sat back and contained. They only scored one then, but then perhaps see them scoring more today with the amount of chances they may create. 

The positive thing is if we are playing counter attacking play, the ball will go forward more often. 

The width with Barnes and Lookman is positive too - however it may only leave Vardy up isolated and alone to get on the end of chances. 

Fingers crossed it works! I'm skeptical but not totally lacking all hope! 

Would tend to agree. The only way that ot works is if Barnes  Vardy and Lookman press like their lives depend on it. 

Falling back into our own half and waiting to get the ball won't work as you said but using the pace of those 3 to force mistakes might. 

That looks like a proactive line-up.

Chelsea start favourites but that line-up may give us a chance ( I know we could get hammered).

Without Pereira, Justin, Fofana and Tielemans,Rodgers seems to have a plan.  Hope it works!

Is Albrighton rwb?  Will Lookman or Barnes support Vardy?

I want to see Barnes and Lookman in some games.

Big decision to put Maddison on the bench

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Rio Ferdinand 'they've been punching above their weight, mixing it up with the big 4/6', clearly disrespectful to us and he wants him at Utd

He said “so-called big six” and I thought he offered quite a balanced opinion TBF. Nothing he said was untrue.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

He said “so-called big six” and I thought he offered quite a balanced opinion TBF. Nothing he said was untrue.

i don't think we've been punching, we've been where we deserved to be the last couple of seasons but failed to capitalise and it's costing us. 

looking at that line-up - it's very weak. the weakest we've looked in a long time. and it doesn't look like a top 6 side. 

the difference is - some of us are realists and recognise that this current squad HAS to punch to get into the top 6 and we don't look like we could punch our way out of a paper bag at the moment. 

I'll be happy if we finish this season anywhere above 10th tbh - that is probably even reaching a tiny bit. 

but I'm not going to spit my dummy about it like some - it's disappointing that we haven't been able to keep up the pressure but other teams have simply done a better job of strengthening than we have and haven't lost such key players to injury. 

not worth getting panties in a twist about - thats just the ups and downs of football. 

• Like 1

It would be nice to win, and on our day we can beat anyone.

However, if we lose today against the European Champions who are top of the league by three points and who out-spend us to an obscene level, we need to keep our heads.

Let's hope Vardy has one of THOSE days, and that they give the crowd summat to shout about.

COYB

:scarf:

• Like 3

Why don't we start slowly, as usual, lose a couple of early goals and then see what happens...:S

Chelsea under Tuchel will not give us the freedom of the KP that Man United did and unlike Leeds, Palace, Wolves  earlier this season they can be clinical. 

Hoping and praying in this one....

13 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Rio Ferdinand 'they've been punching above their weight, mixing it up with the big 4/6', clearly disrespectful to us and he wants him at Utd

We have been punching above our weight. There’s nothing disrespectful about that. It’s been two seasons of top 6 football. If we finish in the top 6 four seasons on the bounce then I would say it’s a disrespectful comment.