Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

CHE Home Match Thread

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

There's straw clutching and then there's this... 😂

I ain’t clutching at anything, we have been soundly beaten but I understand the game and don’t whine like a bairn when we lose against a side far more advanced than us

• Like 1

The club, the team, the tactics all feel stale. It’s need freshening up and tbh I think it starts with the manager. We’ve had two really good spells under BR which have enabled us to finish 5th twice but other than the cup (which was amazing but other than the Utd game we weren’t great in that) it’s been bad to average. 

1 minute ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Don't blame BR, he's not on the field.It's the players who are to blame. Some of you need to understand that. Those saying BR out are complete tossers.

On that logic, when we are successful, it’s the just the players. So, really, we just need a poll on the website to pick the team and no need for a manager. 

The Tactics were wrong and They were the better team - That I can accept

BUT I have a question for you - Who do you actually think put in 100% Effort?

Vardy as always and I think Maddison but in the effort after he came on

The players are a DISGRACE and not playing for the club

Just now, roblcfc84 said:

The club, the team, the tactics all feel stale. It’s need freshening up and tbh I think it starts with the manager. We’ve had two really good spells under BR which have enabled us to finish 5th twice but other than the cup (which was amazing but other than the Utd game we weren’t great in that) it’s been bad to average. 

So in Brendan's only 2 full seasons in charge we've finished 5th and won the FA Cup, but other than that's its all been bad to average???

Yes this season we've not played at all well, but come on ...

Just now, foxfan92 said:

So in Brendan's only 2 full seasons in charge we've finished 5th and won the FA Cup, but other than that's its all been bad to average???

Yes this season we've not played at all well, but come on ...

Take a look at both full seasons post Boxing Day, two really good runs and then struggling to win many games. I hear you, when you look without context it’s a great record, but when you actually think about the results and performances it’s been wildly inconsistent 

Arsenal..2 seasons on the trott.

This Chelsea debacle...

Not one Really Good game....

The Defence Coaching staff a total shambles...

With or without Tielemans, our midfield !!!...shit I aint got..any words for their total Lack of Spirit or fight....I

Not one 2nd ball won...I

I didnt mind the slow start, I actually thought that we would have problems.....

i am Not against selection...Bit we need both Defence & midfield to hold their own....

Barnes..Lookman, could work, but no Interface from midfield...

Kindergarten at corners...

Creche in midfield...

Players Not performing...until 40 minutes...

Rodgers has to turn it around before festiveseason...or 

I just cant /wont defend the Management team....

We can lose against Chelsea...

But These 60 Minute tame performances,same mistakes...every game...

Brendan,!!!  Ffs get hold of this slide into the PL abyss of nothingness..

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Take a look at both full seasons post Boxing Day, two really good runs and then struggling to win many games. I hear you, when you look without context it’s a great record, but when you actually think about the results and performances it’s been wildly inconsistent 

I'm not saying it's been all brilliant, but the fact we've finished twice in 5th place and in both those seasons we've been in the top 4 for most of the season, means however consistent we've been, we've been better than 15 other teams.

If you look at the length of time we've been back in the Premier League and the amount spent on the squad and base expected results on these two measures (I know you shouldn't just base it on these, but they are important factors when predicting how good a team should be), then we have been actually punching above our weight.

I think this season we need to readdress our expectations. It's a period of transition, losing the likes of Morgan and Fuchs and introducing a number of signings within our transfer budget that haven't quite been as influential on the pitch for whatever reason.

I'm not saying Rodgers has been without fault, clearly the defending set pieces is something that shouldn't be the issue it is, but I'd also suggest that he's win ratio is better than most managers we've ever had, and so we should perhaps understand we're not always going to be fighting for a top 4 finish,  but that every season we're cementing our place as a larger team in the top league that is capable of getting in to Europe more often than  "the rest" (or those outside the supposed top 6) then we're going to be better than we have been historically and eventually we might find ourselves develop into the team a lot of people on here seem to think we should be already.

This is a reality check. We are miles away from Chelsea or any if the other top 5 or 6 in terms of depth of squad. We have over achieved in the last couple of years and ran out of steam at the end of each season. We have relied on a few key players eg Tielemans and when he’s not playing he is missed. 
Sack BR? We should be careful what we wish for. 
We currently look like a mid-table team which in reality is probably what we currently are. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kristianity77 said:

But by that notion then it doesn't matter who we have as manager if it never makes any difference to what happens on the pitch. 

That is not what I was saying. How can Brendan have predicted how awful his players would be. They let him down. The hatchet boys will have a field day today blaming him. He could have played better than them

I predicted a bad season before it kicked off, and next season will be as bad, if not worse, with our best player exiting to join other clubs. Psychologicaly the players are flawed, after their great season last year. A repeat of the season after we won the Premiership. No motivation, and no guts.

Can’t really defend the lads after that. I’d like to see what they do in training because that was just plain awful. No need to debate the quality of Chelsea, it’s there for all to see…. But we barely laid a finger on them, yet again another game with a complete lack of movement off the ball, a complete lack of composure and a complete lack of intensity. It was borderline incompetent out there today. Chelsea will have tougher games against apparently lesser opposition this season. 

1 hour ago, East Langton Fox said:

This is a reality check. We are miles away from Chelsea or any if the other top 5 or 6 in terms of depth of squad. We have over achieved in the last couple of years and ran out of steam at the end of each season. We have relied on a few key players eg Tielemans and when he’s not playing he is missed. 
Sack BR? We should be careful what we wish for. 
We currently look like a mid-table team which in reality is probably what we currently are. 

I understand this “over achieving” notion to an extent, and mixing it with the traditional “Big 6” has been a blast. But I genuinely don’t accept that we are a mid-table team. The players have performed at a certain level consistently to be top 5 for 2 seasons in a row, so to then simply flip it on its head and practically say “well these lot have just been playing well beyond their normal capabilities” doesn’t stand up for me. 

I’m not having the likes of Brighton, Palace, Wolves, Everton or West Ham are better than us, because they genuinely aren’t. West Ham are flying by their standards but their team is no better than ours.