Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Is it time...

Rodgers out?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers out?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Well with Man U loosing to Watford and down to 10 men with Maguire sent off people may get their wish quite soon.

Watford and Villa winning doesn’t help us at the moment though :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

Watford and Villa winning doesn’t help us at the moment though :ph34r:

Watford winning is good. Oli's closer to being replaced with Brendan. 

You don't just become a bad manager over night. I'm sure we could all accept him moving to Man utd too. If he's going to go just get on with it so we can have someone committed again. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sly said:

It’s not the results (albeit they haven’t been great), it’s the inept football we’re playing. 

It’s car crash soccer. 

My next point. Your Tielimans and they want you to sign a new contract. Would you playing this game? 

I know I wouldn't. 

But give me a manager playing expansive attacking football going at teams and yes I would.

Every game we've played since January we have gone out not to lose.

Ffs I'd want to go out to win. At least if you've fought the battle and lost you've gave it your all.

Better than walking in thinking what could have been.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey im sad to say I’ve gone for yes. It just seems like we need something fresh, maybe Brendan needs something fresh as well. 

we’ve hit a point where I think he’s taken us as far as he possibly can. Of course things could get worse but in football you have to roll the dice. If it goes bad, so be it... that’s football. 

i just want to enjoy the game again, I haven’t for a long time. It’s not an emotional reaction to the game, nor will I be sad or angry if he doesn’t leave. I just think the time has come where it would be best for everyone 

Edited by Lambert09

Just now, Mark_w said:

What the actual **** are half of you thinking, he's gotten us consecutive 5th place finishes, won the FA Cup and has been dealing with injuries to some of our best players. We've been far from inspiring but he's surely earned a little bit of patience ffs.

The patience I'm willing to give, and I voted no for that reason. 

It doesn't mean that there shouldn't be scrutiny and criticism of the turgid style he's forcing onto the players. For the last six months our fan base have basically refused any criticism of Rodgers. It's a blinkered view that he should be given such slack; it's been absolutely dire. 

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Right if man utd so much as even enquire we let him go. Try and get Potter, if not lampard till the end of the season. Might be able to spend some money in jan too.

That's not that I'm rodgers out, more that this feels like a good time to switch.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

I posted this the other week and no one answered me which I feel says alot considering others will usually jump on alot I say.:

They are genuine questions and points of which may be right, wrong or simple subjective but I’d like a genuine discussion about them and I feel like you more than most are well positioned to answer seeing as you (like me) were quite vitriolic, fed up, frustration and even (again like me) took abit of a hiatus from here under Puel but this while not being a million miles (on a par in my eyes) from what was being served up under Puel seems fine and gaining your support.

No malice intended and I don’t expect any back, just looking for genuine opinions, views and discussion.

To be fair to you Matt, whenever you've been critical of Rodgers, it's always been fair criticism. Many of us on here (myself included), think that given what Rodgers had done that he had a lot of credit in the bank and that it was harsh to be so critical, but we've had many poor spells whilst Brendan has been here and often times the play is almost a mirror of Puel ball. Whilst there are many on here that are over reactionary, I wouldn't associate that label with you.

What I would say is that Rodgers has also been responsible for the best football I've ever seen Leicester play in my lifetime, across many matches. Yes he has had the best squad we've ever had, but he still got us to play that way and won us the FA Cup we all dreamed off. At his best, he's been incredible.

IMO it's now a case of when not if he goes. I still think he's a fantastic coach but it really looks like he's taken us as far as he can. Overall he's been amazing for us.

In terms of a replacement, Potter would be the favourite. I don't think we will appoint someone before the end of the season though, unless Man U come in for Rodgers. We'd have to be really careful though, because it's hard to find a good manager in the current market. Rodgers might not be as good as Tuchel / Pep / Klopp, but how many people in Europe are!? Most likely the next manager we hire won't be as good as Brendan, and we will have to hope that whoever comes in can develop and get better than they already are.

All this said I would love for him to turn it round, but today's result and performance is probably the beginning of the end. We had the entire international break to sort issues out, but had our worst performance of the season instead.

• Like 1

Rodgers record over the last 2 years has been excellent.

My only concern has been watching the last couple of home games with formations that simply have not worked in the first half with players looking lost at times. People were leaving 20-25 minutes early today which I cannot remember happening for some years.

Edited by Edingleyfox

6 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

You don't just become a bad manager over night. 

No you don't but the game evolves people suss you out so you need to evolve.

Hes shown no sight of that. All he does is mess around with formation with the same game plan.

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Right if man utd so much as even enquire we let him go. Try and get Potter, if not lampard till the end of the season. Might be able to spend some money in jan too.

That's not that I'm rodgers out, more that this feels like a good time to switch.

****ing lampard🤣🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Brighton lost by 2 goals to Villa, don't know the love for Potter

14 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

What the actual **** are half of you thinking, he's gotten us consecutive 5th place finishes, won the FA Cup and has been dealing with injuries to some of our best players. We've been far from inspiring but he's surely earned a little bit of patience ffs.

You mean he bottled fourth, twice (consecutively). And as manager is responsible for training regimes that are constantly getting the players injured

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

Rodgers has credit in the bank due to the two top six finishes and obviously the cup win.

I come away from games wondering about:

- Are the players are not responding any longer to Rodgers' message and they need a different voice? Or has Rodgers' message changed?

- The defenders don't look like they enjoy the 3 at the back, so why not play to their strengths? We aren't down to the bare bones any longer that necessitates it.

- Zonal marking - when you do it properly it works. We don't do it properly so why bother with it at all?

- What has happened to our tempo, passing and movement? All three look slow and ponderous.

- We lack aggression - that doesn't mean steaming in and putting someone on a stretcher, but can be snapping into challenges to win the ball back quickly.

- I'm all for the style of football, but we take it to the extreme. We don't turn out enough - instead of, for example but not limited to, an unmarked Castagne playing the ball back to Söyüncü et al, he could turn out and look for a forward pass (although this perhaps goes back to the point on tempo, passing and movement).

- Specifically with regards to today against Chelsea, I understand the principle of starting Ndidi and Soumare in front of the centre halves for "protection" but there was a canyon, yet alone a gap, between them and Vardy.

- Again, specifically with regards to today, why are we playing 3 centre halves against a team with no proper striker in the side?

Just a few musings. It is worth saying that I badly want Rodgers to sort whatever the problems are and for him to stay for many successful years, but I just can't shake the feeling that somehow rot has been allowed to set in.

Edited by Incognito
Typo