Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Is it time...

Rodgers out?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers out?

• Yes
    • No

31 minutes ago, davieG said:

I do and I can’t find myself blaming the manager when I see so many poor, underhit, overhit, misplaced passes. 72% to 86% at one point we were as low as 65% completion.

But the players are the same, so why should they suddenly be showing poorer technical ability?  The variables are team formations, tactics, team selection, substitutions, motivational issues - all of which are the responsibility of the manager.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jim5000 said:

We shouldn’t be one injury away from this cluster****

It’s not one injury though is it… currently Justin, fofana, Ricardo and tilemans out. With Ndidi only just back, Barnes recovering still from a horror injury, Maddison still doesn’t look fully fit either (but hasn’t for months so could be attitude)

Just now, lcfcbluearmy said:

It’s not one injury though is it… currently Justin, fofana, Ricardo and tilemans out. With Ndidi only just back, Barnes recovering still from a horror injury, Maddison still doesn’t look fully fit either (but hasn’t for months so could be attitude)

I was replying to a post which said our season was over when Fofana broke his leg.

13 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Hey im sad to say I’ve gone for yes. It just seems like we need something fresh, maybe Brendan needs something fresh as well. 

we’ve hit a point where I think he’s taken us as far as he possibly can. Of course things could get worse but in football you have to roll the dice. If it goes bad, so be it... that’s football. 

i just want to enjoy the game again, I haven’t for a long time. It’s not an emotional reaction to the game, nor will I be sad or angry if he doesn’t leave. I just think the time has come where it would be best for everyone 

You're right. Sometimes things come to a natural end. We had that dreadful run at the end of 19/20 which Brendan managed to turn around from the start of the following season, but this feels much more serious in the manner of the performances and the demeanour of the players, it feels like a decline rather than bad form. I see no signs of improvement and actually I think we're getting gradually worse. I really hope we go out and smash Warsaw and Watford but sadly I think we may be seeing a natural end to this era.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, escape2victory said:

I think he deserves next summer to try and rebuild and I think a mini rebuild is what we need with it all going stale and need to freshen it up. Would happily listen to offers for anyone in our squad other than Evans, Fofana, Castagne, Justin, Ndidi, Soumare, Barnes, Vardy, Daka

After signing Betrand and pursuing Vestergaard for several windows he doesn’t deserve any more money to spend. 

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino

It’ll be awkward if Solskjaer gets sacked and they don’t come calling for Brendan. We’ll know where the rumours came from then - that really would give us a problem.

I think the biggest issue for me is we had one of the most inform players in the league at the end of last season (Iheanacho) and he isn't getting much game time this season. Other than that, we have been, and still are, carrying some important injuries. We will come good.....

26 minutes ago, deep blue said:

But the players are the same, so why should they suddenly be showing poorer technical ability?  The variables are team formations, tactics, team selection, substitutions, motivational issues - all of which are the responsibility of the manager.

Not suddenly been very poor for a long time. If you keep giving the ball away not under pressure you're going to get beat. That first goal today was all about conceding an unnecessary corner because Evans and Kasper did so much wrong, The free kick was taken at least 15ft further back than the foul. There's so many instances where experienced players are just plain bad .

I think our main issue is getting out of defensive areas this season. We get pinned in our own half and lose possession most times and aren't able to get out. I think the main cause of that is our full backs can't carry the ball far and it goes backwards and sideways more often then not.

We need to improve how we're playing out from the back or go more direct if need be. I'm an advocate of playing out from the back but we've not done it well all season and we have made many errors which have lead to goals for the opposition. 

Part of me thinks he has earned the right to sort it out and should be given time, but then another part of me is wondering when he might actually start trying to sort it out, because nothing seems to be changing. The talents obviously there in the squad, we've seen these players perform, and he's shown he can get those performances our of these players in the past, so he needs to prove he still can, otherwise we'll have no option. He needs to start learning from his mistakes too.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

'Bottled fourth' we had no right to finish 5th let alone 4th, he has massively overachieved as our manager. There tends to be a fairly close correlation between wage budget and league position, and ours has been mid-table throughout Brendan's time in charge. He has massively overachieved in finishing 5th, and yes we all hoped we'd overachieve that little bit more and get top four, but what he has done has been incredibly impressive, and we've won the FA Cup for the first time in our history in that time to. Some of the injuries have been genuine bad luck, but I imagine it would have a lot more to do with the medical team than the manager.

Remember the Bournemouth game the season before last? Total stroll for us come HT. Rodgers made changes, we dropped points

Last season, lost to Norwich of all sides.

Bottled it 

• Like 3

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

Remember the Bournemouth game the season before last? Total stroll for us come HT. Rodgers made changes, we dropped points

Last season, lost to Norwich of all sides.

Bottled it 

Ok well two disappointing defeats aren't a counter argument to us massively overperforming reasonable expectations.

But if we are going to use individual games to judge a situation that is far more complex... remember that Chelsea game at Wembley last year? The one where we won the FA Cup for the only time our 130-odd year history?

3 minutes ago, I blame Wellens said:

Can’t stand the way we are playing at the moment but love the fact that hopefully many of you lot will continue to leave early after sitting on your hands for 70 mins. Our ground has far more character half empty

However badly we're playing ATM I have to agree that our support is now utter garbage. Usually it's about 50% worse than the performance from the team warrants, and I'm not defending the team here.

6 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Ok well two disappointing defeats aren't a counter argument to us massively overperforming reasonable expectations.

But if we are going to use individual games to judge a situation that is far more complex... remember that Chelsea game at Wembley last year? The one where we won the FA Cup for the only time our 130-odd year history?

Those two defeats (and any number of others) cost us Top 4. Not the United and Spurs games. 

Yes I remember it well. I was right behind the strike as it hit the top corner. A magnificent Cup win has painted over the cracks of the two league seasons.

I’ll hazard a guess that had we not beaten Chelsea (in the final), many many more fans would be now wanting him gone.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1

This feels very much like the end of his tenure at Liverpool, this pattern seems to follow Rodgers almost everywhere he goes, he gets you to a certain point, then things start to derail.

Maybe we have punched above our weight; however this squad on paper is top six material, a team like ourselves can’t afford to slip behind, it could have serious consequences going forward.

Ranieri won us the Premier League, but he got sacked because we were turning shit. Rodgers achieved us an FA Cup, but right now it’s similar to what we saw under Ranieri, we have turned shit, the painful thing is we’ve been shit for pretty much all of this season.

Watford, Southampton and Villa are our next three league games, if we produce piss poor performances in those games, then he simply has to go, when you fail to beat teams you really should be beating, then it’s pretty much curtains.

• Like 1

Ole will be out soon, and we know and always knew that Brendan was ambitious and that we would probably be a stepping stone back into what is perceived to be one of the big jobs. We are growing and the job with us is a bigger job than it has possibly ever been before but let's not kid ourselves we are not in the 'big' job bracket yet, that only comes with time and history.

Like with a player, if their head has been turned then ultimately they need to go, and we just need to financially make the best of it we can. what is important now is who comes in next ?

Patrick Viera for me, if we can lure him away from Crystal Palace. I thought he was quite a coup for them. A young manager still with plenty to prove, but who will have learned much from one of the best in Wenger. If he has taken into management what he was like as a player there will be no messing with him either. He should have the respect of every player we have, and might be a good choice from point of view of keeping Fofana if at all possible. He also seems to have the sort of integrity as a man that will work well with our owners and fit everything we are seeking to become and be known for as a club.

As for Brendan, no remorse, no wringing of hands, just thank you for moving us forward again and for some silverware.

We're abl bit stuck really aren't we?

Chances of getting anyone better than him are very low. He's a big draw for potential players coming here. He goes and the chances of our bigger players signing new deals decrease.

He's just so frustrating! And in interviews just won't accept we're a bit crap. Thinks we're competent at defending set pieces!

He's got previous - a Liverpool fan mate said he'd drop off after 2/3 seasons. 

I think we need to freshen things up if he won't do it himself and I think he's proven he won't change. Such a shame. 

Definitely think Top et al are waiting got united to make their move.