Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Is it time...

Rodgers out?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers out?

• Yes
    • No

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....Thomas has been a very good player, won an F.A. cup medal at 19 as a starter!!!

Has not had the game time and perhaps missing his mentor, Fuchs.

Not saying he’s not been good but nobody has realistically said this guy is gonna be awesome.

The strange thing for me is hearing the injuries excuse. It was far worse last year and he reacted fantastically. We had Fuchs starting loads of games which says how much we were struggling at the back. Nearly every first teamer was out for some amount of games. 

We only have a few out this season and more than enough depth to cover it. 

It's almost like he's not the same manager as last season. He's abandoned our most successful 4231 for 433 or 532 and we've played awful in these formations. Yet he has persisted and persisted. Today he reverted to 5221 which worked well at the early stages of last season. However, last season be played Barnes and Maddison in that 2 which made sense as maddison could play a bit deeper to help the defence without losing Barnes' wdith. Yet today he went for two out and out wingers.

He just seems to have abandoned everything that has worked well for him previously which I find completely bizarre. Even when he brought Iheanacho on he kept the same formation and played him and Maddison as wingers of some sort when neither play there.

Can anyone remember the last time Maddison played truly in the hole behind the striker? We had so much success with him there, and even at the end of last season we had Perez who was at least of some use in the hole which filled the gap between midfield and the forwards. Getting rid of a player in the hole for a flat midfield seems to me to be a poor choice.

42 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Good god man, we’re not getting relegated. Some of the posts on here! Clueless

Im not being funny. What are you watching!? That’s relegation fodder being served up week in week out. Get your head out your arse and take your blue tinted specs off and watch the football properly. We’ve been awful for 18 mo the now and the FA cup win has papered over cracks. We’re in serious trouble if we keep going the way we are. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, davieG said:

I think it's time for some of the players to or at least take a look at themselves because most of our problems are down to the players under performing their technical ability.

This I don’t agree with.

The main part of the manager’s remit is to have the players in a position to play their best, be at their best physically and mentally and to follow instructions and implement his tactics.

That is the essence of his job, and of that isn’t happening it’s Rodgers’ and only Rodgers’ responsibility. It’s his job to overcome these issues. 

If he can’t ‘manage’ this situation that’s not working there cannot be anyone else to blame.

54 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Good god man, we’re not getting relegated. Some of the posts on here! Clueless

I'm sorry, I'd like to think it's highly unlikely, but only Newcastle and Norwich have conceded more goals than us and they have some manager bounce today. Newcastle will go shopping in January and brendan doesn't have a great record of stopping the rot so it's not unthinkable.

Just got home after a few pints and still livid. Just a few months ago, I was at Wembley to see us lift the FA Cup, which was one of the best moments of my life but I just cannot take what I am seeing. It is making me miserable (and I’ve been going down for over 35 years) and for that reason, Rodgers out! Try saying it out loud. It’s actually quite liberating. 

• Like 2