Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Is it time...

Rodgers out?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers out?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Keep this form up throughout the season and we will.

15 points from 12 games is absolutely shocking and anyone who tries to defend that doesn't give a toss about the club and where the club wants to be.

To many people still in the mindset of 1e years ago we was in league 1 yes great we was but we have moved onto better things now and with this current squad we should easily be 6th.

No one else to blame other than BR his tactics are predictable and boring.

His training coaches are 1 of the worse in the premier league.

Has no plan B the guy doesn't even know his best team for christ sake.

The players out on the field this season don't even look like they know each other 

We are gradually moving onto better things. More consistently becoming a force in the top flight. We may have even peaked. But we’re not getting relegated.

No way, we should automatically think we’re entitled to sixth! Not a chance. The stuff of Ostriches!

How about looking at the players rather than the manager.

Have no clue how you come to the conclusion of the worst coaching in the league!

4 hours ago, Walkers said:

We've gone from being 5th (and arguably over performing) to slap bang mid table a few months into the season. If a drop of that magnitude screams "change the manager" then football these days sucks. 

You could argue that that squad underperformed only getting 5th..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

Same situation as ole , I don’t want Brendan to win anymore , just pick up your tools and piss off .  No real love for this job .  What a fraud .  He is a pardew level manager .  The wealth of talent he has amassed from our recruitment is great , the idiot doesn’t know how to think outside of his one trick .  Give him 3 more games and let’s all see the fraud he is .  Fingers crossed we lose .

Knew it wouldn’t be long before you made another daft post, actually wanting our team to lose so you can spout on about how right you were all along, what a tool!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

And you’d lose that argument 

I know many do, but frankly I don't buy into this media narrative about "plucky Leicester punching above their weight." It's a team full of incredibly talented internationals, from 1-11. Were there four better terms over the course of the past two seasons? For me it's down to mentality which ultimately comes from the manager. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, walkerleeds said:

I know many do, but frankly I don't buy into this media narrative about "plucky Leicester punching above their weight." It's a team full of incredibly talented internationals, from 1-11. Were there four better terms over the course of the past two seasons? For me it's down to mentality which ultimately comes from the manager. 

So in the last 6 seasons have or haven’t we punched above our weight?

I’m talking about Leicester City FC, my club who I’ve followed for 42 years.

Asking for a friend

• Haha 1

I think we're drifting towards the end of his time here but still concerned about the next choice. Given how we battered roughly the same team 11 months ago today proves why I don't think Lampard would be a good fit.

We badly need some energy in the team and on the touchline.

If Rodgers goes, how many players should follow? We can all have opinion about the manager but his win ratio is over 50% since arriving here.

i agree we are going through a torrid time but we have far too many players not stepping up to the mark and appear just to be going through the motions.

7 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

So in the last 6 seasons have or haven’t we punched above our weight?

I’m talking about Leicester City FC, my club who I’ve followed for 42 years.

Asking for a friend

What's the last 42 years got to do with anything?

I repeat, look at the squad we've had/ have, it's a failure we didn't make the top four given the positions we were in (although i'll be eternally grateful for the FA Cup win of course).

Thankfully our owners have more ambition than "your friend" and won't settle for mediocrity simply because "that's the way it's been for 42 years".

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

You could argue that that squad underperformed only getting 5th..

I’m not sure that’s quite fair but we definitely missed a very unusual opportunity two years running.

United being managed by Solskjaer, Chelsea being managed by Lampard, Arsenal being managed by Arteta and to a lesser extent Spurs being managed by Mourinho was absolute self-sabotage from the big 6. We even had the added boon of Liverpool self-destructing last season.

Rodgers has delivered a 62 and a 66 point season- that seems about right for this squad and almost every season in the last 20 years that’s not been enough for top 4. 

I think this narrative that Rodgers has done a wonderous job is completely overblown. We’ve got about as many points as this sort of squad should be getting. The bar has been artificially low 2 years running and we’ve not made it. Not finishing top 4 is not a failure of Rodgers. Equally finishing 5th twice in 2 consecutive years that most of the big sides have fallen over themselves to finish outside the top 4/6 is not as impressive as some would have you believe.

2 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

I repeat, look at the squad we've had/ have, it's a failure we didn't make the top four given the positions we were in (although i'll be eternally grateful for the FA Cup win of course).

Thankfully our owners have more ambition than "your friend" and won't settle for mediocrity simply because "that's the way it's been for 42 years".

I’m putting some context to the question of whether or not we are punching above our weight. Because we are. We are not a big six side, and yet we finished top six a couple of time. We win the FA cup. We won the league. All very recently, relative to the club’s history and existence. So we are ‘punching’, from the viewpoint of any outsider, not fans of our club, including those of the media 

11 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

It was a failure not to make top four given what had gone before but by the same token it was a success to have been top four for so long in both campaigns 

the owners are ambitious and thankfully realistic 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I’m putting some context to the question of whether or not we are punching above our weight. Because we are. We are not a big six side, and yet we finished top six a couple of time. We win the FA cup. We won the league. All very recently, relative to the club’s history and existence. So we are ‘punching’, from the viewpoint of any outsider, not fans of our club, including those of the media 

Pipe down with this garbage. Little Leicester mentality. Rodgers is under performing massively with this squad and you know it. Take those blue tinted specs off. It’s tiresome listening to people talking like we have no right to be in the top 6 cus a few years ago we were in the championship. It’s called progression and every club has the right to it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, frany104 said:

Pipe down with this garbage. Little Leicester mentality. Rodgers is under performing massively with this squad and you know it. Take those blue tinted specs off. It’s tiresome listening to people talking like we have no right to be in the top 6 cus a few years ago we were in the championship. It’s called progression and every club has the right to it. 

I think you are the one with blue tinted glasses on sir, in respect of your evaluation of our squad. You have twice now said how good it is. It really isn’t you know

6 hours ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

Same situation as ole , I don’t want Brendan to win anymore , just pick up your tools and piss off .  No real love for this job .  What a fraud .  He is a pardew level manager .  The wealth of talent he has amassed from our recruitment is great , the idiot doesn’t know how to think outside of his one trick .  Give him 3 more games and let’s all see the fraud he is .  Fingers crossed we lose .

Daftest post ever you complete melt. Hoping we lose you don't deserve to be a Leicester fan you tool

• Like 1