Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Is it time...

Rodgers out?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers out?

• Yes
    • No

11 hours ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

Same situation as ole , I don’t want Brendan to win anymore , just pick up your tools and piss off .  No real love for this job .  What a fraud .  He is a pardew level manager .  The wealth of talent he has amassed from our recruitment is great , the idiot doesn’t know how to think outside of his one trick .  Give him 3 more games and let’s all see the fraud he is .  Fingers crossed we lose .

Wow now I've heard it all. And for those two twerps who have 'liked' the post, that's almost as bad as poster! Maybe you'll be happier supporting Man City or Chelsea perhaps? Wanting us to lose! :nigel:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

When a club has quit on a manager, it’s almost impossible turn that around.  Things get worse, not better.

sometimes it doesn’t matter how tactically good a manager is, if he’s   ( somehow) lost the respect of the players , it’s only going one way

We can’t keep sacking managers every time we are out of form. We’ve had two and a half great seasons under Rodgers, we’ve qualified for Europe in back to back season for the first time in our history, we’ve won the FA Cup for the first time  in our history and we’ve finished in the top 6 twice - despite not even being close to one of the top 6 biggest spenders.

Somethings not quite clicking at the moment, but he has points in the bank that say he should be given the opportunity to turn this around. 
We are still alive and kicking in three competitions and good players will always get their form back. 
This week we have a couple of huge games coming up, back the lads and the gaffer. 
For me, we give him until the end of the season and then make a judgment from there.

• Like 3

I think this will be our worst season in a long time , can see been in the bottom half and I think we will be dumped out of Europe this week , I think Rodgers has run his race here and it’s time for him to move on . I also think our failure to buy a couple of midfielders who can hold the ball and play others into better positions has been our failure for the passed two seasons , look how easy Chelsea played through us with there players very comfortable on the ball we looked like we had a bomb at our feet when we got it just wanted to get rid of it . 

16 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

We can’t keep sacking managers every time we are out of form. We’ve had two and a half great seasons under Rodgers, we’ve qualified for Europe in back to back season for the first time in our history, we’ve won the FA Cup for the first time  in our history and we’ve finished in the top 6 twice - despite not even being close to one of the top 6 biggest spenders.

Somethings not quite clicking at the moment, but he has points in the bank that say he should be given the opportunity to turn this around. 
We are still alive and kicking in three competitions and good players will always get their form back. 
This week we have a couple of huge games coming up, back the lads and the gaffer. 
For me, we give him until the end of the season and then make a judgment from there.

correct..

we'll let him ride it out this season (if he doesn't bail before christmas across to Manchester )

he is obviously concentrating on other managerial posts

or being distracted. I bet he 'd already tossed his little note-book for scribble.

Edited by erlee

59 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

We actually won the Premiership and got rid of the manager the next season so why is Rodgers any different? This isn't just this season though is it, it's since around Christmas last season as well, so arguably he's had far more time than Ranieri. Ranieri had the misfortune to lose side changing players like Kante and had to attempt to change to an unfamiliar style of play, whereas Rodgers, year on year has had talented fresh new recruits, some of whom he continues to play out of position. 

Why the difference of treatment between Rodgers and Ranieri. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, erlee said:

correct..

we'll let him ride it out this season (if he doesn't bail before christmas across to Manchester )

he is obviously concentrating on other managerial posts

or being distracted. I bet he 'd already tossed his little note-book for scribble.

Crazy.  If he is concentrating on other managerial posts whilst being paid to manage for us then he shouldn't remain in post.

50 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

We actually won the Premiership and got rid of the manager the next season so why is Rodgers any different? This isn't just this season though is it, it's since around Christmas last season as well, so arguably he's had far more time than Ranieri. Ranieri had the misfortune to lose side changing players like Kante and had to attempt to change to an unfamiliar style of play, whereas Rodgers, year on year has had talented fresh new recruits, some of whom he continues to play out of position. 

For the record, I was against the sacking of Ranieri too. The biggest difference though, is that with Claudio we were getting dangerously close to relegation. The owners hand was forced to some degree and they had to make a decision. 
There is also the constant talk that Shakespeare was doing more of the coaching and on field prep than Claudio.

With Rodgers, it’s his vision the club are building upon. Despite how bad we are, we are not threatened with relegation this season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bptiger said:

I think this will be our worst season in a long time , can see been in the bottom half and I think we will be dumped out of Europe this week , I think Rodgers has run his race here and it’s time for him to move on . I also think our failure to buy a couple of midfielders who can hold the ball and play others into better positions has been our failure for the passed two seasons , look how easy Chelsea played through us with there players very comfortable on the ball we looked like we had a bomb at our feet when we got it just wanted to get rid of it . 

we'll be in a lot of bother if we can't even beat  Legia at home - they have lost 4 Polish League games .

We are a reactionary lot! One win and it’s Europe, one loss and it’s sack the manager. In a way, I’m pleased the result is currently so tight - just 50.41% in favour of getting rid after about 500 votes. But I’m also disappointed it’s that high. 

Yes, we have been patchy this season. Some good stuff interspersed with some pretty poor stuff and a few disappointing results. But, end of season run-ins aside, we have performed at a pretty high standard for the previous two and a half seasons - and we won the FA Cup! There are differences to the Ranieri situation in that I don’t believe the players have lost it and we don’t look in danger of going down.

We have had bad luck with injuries to key players - not just Fofana and Justin, but Evans, Ndidi, Maddison and Tielemans this season and the last couple even worse. It looks like we have now shaped a squad to just about cover and compete if all are fit, but that’s bringing it’s own challenges.

We can switch from what has mostly been the default formation to any number of systems and I think we have tried to do that. Yesterday’s 3-4-3 from the start was quite different to the 5-3-2 from earlier in the season and our 4-2-3-1 standard. So I think criticism of Rodgers for doing the same thing all the time is misplaced. We just haven’t had consistency to get combinations clicking anywhere on the pitch. 

Don’t get me wrong, I am disappointed with what we’ve seen so far this year. I think we are underperforming but I also think we are not far off turning the corner and hitting a purple patch. For all that was said about the Chelsea game, they are an elite team in the peak of form. Kasper made saves, Cags is recovering confidence, Amartey is improving, Castagne and Ndidi looked good, Vardy feels more like the player of old than the end of last season. The fifth-placed team and FA Cup winners from last season do not improve the squad to become worse. Better times are ahead.

And I reserve the right to take all this back and talk about how rubbish BR was if he leaves us for Man U!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Good god man, we’re not getting relegated. Some of the posts on here! Clueless

I remember teams from the past like Leeds and Forest, and they use to say they're to good to go down and they both got relegated 

Bar the Man Utd game we got lucky wins over Wolves, Brentford and even Norwich.

So I wouldn’t say people are clueless, we are in a rut with a manager who doesn’t seem to have a clue how to change things, we can soon get dragged into a relegation battle.

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

But this isn't just a dip in form, is it?  We saw it in his first full season and again last season.  I'll be forever grateful for him winning us the FA Cup but I can't help but be a little bitter about our 15 game capitulation in both the previous seasons.  We (he, if you like) had engineered us into fantastic positions where Champions League football look a near certainty.  Then we go on an unbelievable run of abject performances and terrible results that see us miss out on Champions League football on the final day - not once, but twice!  In both seasons we probably lost 5 or 6 games that we should have been winning in the back end of the season, so looking back I don't particularly see 5th place as something worth celebrating. 

Starting the new season was always a concern as to which Brendan Team would turn up, the early season team or the late season team - well this season, it's the late season team, and it's bad.  Our last 30 games have been largely terrible, with only a few exceptions.  I just don't see how he turns it around.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

How can good players get their form back when they’re never playing together more than one game in a row? 

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

How can good players get their form back when they’re never playing together more than one game in a row? 

Who is never playing more than one game in a row? 
I thought the problem with Brendan was he was too stubborn and didn’t ever make changes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Someone will no doubt tell you that that was because we were closer to the relegation zone under Ranieri 

This is obviously true. What is also true is that it was February, not November 

I hope Top has learnt his lesson and doesn’t give Rodgers another 3 months 

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Who is never playing more than one game in a row? 
I thought the problem with Brendan was he was too stubborn and didn’t ever make changes. 

Seriously?

He makes changes every 45mins because he fcuked up the starting 11 for the first 45.

The bloke has no clue on our best 11 or formation 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nnfox said:

But this isn't just a dip in form, is it?  We saw it in his first full season and again last season.  I'll be forever grateful for him winning us the FA Cup but I can't help but be a little bitter about our 15 game capitulation in both the previous seasons.  We (he, if you like) had engineered us into fantastic positions where Champions League football look a near certainty.  Then we go on an unbelievable run of abject performances and terrible results that see us miss out on Champions League football on the final day - not once, but twice!  In both seasons we probably lost 5 or 6 games that we should have been winning in the back end of the season, so looking back I don't particularly see 5th place as something worth celebrating. 

Starting the new season was always a concern as to which Brendan Team would turn up, the early season team or the late season team - well this season, it's the late season team, and it's bad.  Our last 30 games have been largely terrible, with only a few exceptions.  I just don't see how he turns it around.

Whatever happened during a season, for a club like ours to finish 5th in the top division is always worth celebrating!

If we had a shocking first 15 games and then a great run home to finish 5th, would that be worth celebrating?
A season is played over 38 games, with everyone finishing where they deserve to, once we’ve all played each other twice.

Finishing 5th and above teams like Tottenham, Arsenal and Everton is always worth celebrating.

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

Seriously?

He makes changes every 45mins because he fcuked up the starting 11 for the first 45.

The bloke has no clue on our best 11 or formation 

So why is half our supporters claiming he is stubborn and doesn’t make changes? Some fans need to realise perhaps there is no one magic best starting XI and it depends on who and where you are playing, form, injuries and lots of other factors across the week in training.

For someone who always ****s in the 12 he’s done alright over the last couple of season hasn’t he.

Guest Danny Clender

I voted remain....however my 'should he be sacked' consideration has been internally discussed and it's as close at the poll suggests. 

I believe he is the best person to turn it around, but....and that's the thing....the 'but' word is strong, beautiful and peachy right now.   

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

So why is half our supporters claiming he is stubborn and doesn’t make changes? Some fans need to realise perhaps there is no one magic best starting XI and it depends on who and where you are playing, form, injuries and lots of other factors across the week in training.

For someone who always ****s in the 12 he’s done alright over the last couple of season hasn’t he.

He clearly doesn’t seem to like Kel, yet everyone (surely even Bodgers) can see how effective him and Vardy are together as a pairing. The following game Kel won’t be starting 

That’s a reoccurring theme. Maybe that’s what fellow posters mean by stubbornness? 

Don’t talk about injuries. As the manager, Bodgers will have the final say on intensity and frequency of the training. He shoulders a portion of the responsibility for all the injuries we’re suffering with.

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

He clearly doesn’t seem to like Kel, yet everyone (surely even Bodgers) can see how effective him and Vardy are together as a pairing. The following game Kel won’t be starting 

That’s a reoccurring theme. Maybe that’s what fellow posters mean by stubbornness? 

Don’t talk about injuries. As the manager, Bodgers will have the final say on intensity and frequency of the training. He shoulders a portion of the responsibility for all the injuries we’re suffering with.

There’s no arguing with idiots who have already made their mind up. I believe, though you are very wrong and if Rodgers does leave we will regret it as a club.