Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Is it time...

Rodgers out?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers out?

• Yes
    • No

6 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Well the last time I remember us tearing a team apart completely was Villa away the December before the pandemic. I can’t remember any more after then. 

My Shepshed Dynamo point was another way of saying that new managers can’t ever really tell the wheat from the chaff in six pre season kickabouts against lowly opposition before the season opener. 

I think Rodgers did so well his first full season here because he had 2-3 months of managing them at the end of the previous season after Puel.

Furthermore than that, I don’t think hanging on to Rodgers will entice Youri and Wilf to stay here at all.

We need to act now (or after Ole has been sacked and United don’t come after Rodgers)

Man U game a couple of weeks ago

The fundamental problem isn't changing.  Rodgers was never going to be the first choice of any club he'd consider good enough for him, and with Leicester obviously in the tank whatever chance he had (Spurs was probably his best shot) is drying up fast.  He won't quit and leave that much money on the table, and the owners won't want to eat that much money by firing him.  This can't possibly end well.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

People say ok if Brendan goes who’s going to come ? We’ll Poppey the sailor man would do a better job at this stage at least he’ll try his best and possibly learn.  Brendan is a fraud . I hate his supposed persona as a elite manager .  

Seriously…. This is why foxestalk has to be shut down 

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

So nice lad, good looking bloke with fit Mrs, and a very good ex player.

But no evidence to suggest he’ll be a good manager.

He’s exactly the opposite of who we need.

And very conveniently overlooking the other reasons I gave, I see..

13 minutes ago, I blame Wellens said:

Close thread..:: embarrassing as our support

12 minutes ago, I blame Wellens said:

Actually while you’re there close Foxestalk down… equally as embarrassing 

10 minutes ago, I blame Wellens said:

Seriously…. This is why foxestalk has to be shut down 

8 minutes ago, I blame Wellens said:

Bring on the championship and we can get rid of half of u lot 

1 minute ago, I blame Wellens said:

No u log off😂

1 minute ago, I blame Wellens said:

Great one gone 👍🏻

Just out of interest, who do you blame for your embarrassing lack of punctuation?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Although I'm peeved with our style of play and our performances since the last 1/3 of last season in the league and up until now, I still think we have to be careful of what we wish for.  Perhaps we will get the new manager bounce, but will it last? .  The one thing Rodgers did was actually put together decent long periods of good form, we had these moments with Puel, but they never lasted more than a few games.  I think most of us just can't understand how we can go from being a proper team last season to being this mess of players who don't seem to know each other! Although  I am less worried if he did go than 6 months ago! 

13 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

We played Chelsea with no Tielemans. What did some of you expect from yesterday ? 

Conceding from a corner again is inexcusable, though. 

We are not a one man team… the effort was minimal we just let Chelsea pass through us with no pressure, and honestly Chelsea didn’t even need to get out of first gear it was that bad.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

We played Chelsea with no Tielemans. What did some of you expect from yesterday ? 

I never expect to concede from a passage of play where the keeper gives it straight back to the opposition. Kasper was poor yesterday, although everyone was. The performance in general was inexcusable - we didn’t even compete let alone able to pass it 4 yards. You can expect to be second best, but they just couldn’t be bothered and didn’t compete.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

Am I missing something? What on Earth has Lampard done to deserve even having his name mentioned as a possible next option??? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. 

Basically his agent has put his name in the mix. I think he is running his name up the flagpole and seeing if anyone salutes 

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Bats8711 said:

Am I missing something? What on Earth has Lampard done to deserve even having his name mentioned as a possible next option??? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. 

Could say the same about Viera surely?

Managerially, what has he achieved? Yet he’s got Crystal Palace flying this season 

Guest Col city fan

Personally I’ve voted out, simply because of our record in 2021 (pretty grim reading) and because I think the club needs freshening up. It’s stale. It feels stale at the moment.

We are too predictable and there’s little optimism. I also think Rodgers seems bored actually.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Could say the same about Viera surely?

Managerially, what has he achieved? Yet he’s got Crystal Palace flying this season 

No one is advocating Vieira though ? That’s whataboutery. 

Lampard’s managerial record is poor, end of 

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Trying, pressing, players looking like they're bothered?

With that attitude then what's the point in turning up. Burnley literally got a point at Stamford Bridge two weeks ago, did you think they expected that?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bats8711 said:

He achieved a lot in his first season. He put together a young side that made it into the top 4. He had no transfer budget due to the transfer ban. 

He's managed Chelsea and that looks good on anyone's CV.

BR shouldn't leave unless it's for a bigger club. His salary is too good here and he's achieved the FA cup and two top 5 finishes.