Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Is it time...

Rodgers out?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers out?

• Yes
    • No

Guest Kopfkino
2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

We played Chelsea with no Tielemans. What did some of you expect from yesterday ? 

Conceding from a corner again is inexcusable, though. 

You do realise it’s a build up of being shit for ages with Tielemans in the team tipped over the edge by a disgusting first half. It’s delusional to think Tielemans would have made any difference yesterday.

Everyone can tolerate being beaten by Chelsea. Everyone could tolerate yesterday if we had shown any sort of promise all season. It’s difficult to tolerate yesterday giving Chelsea the freedom of the city having managed one performance all season.

7 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I'd rather have Puel back than ****ing Frank Lampard 

Puel hasn't managed Chelsea and got them into the top 4 with a transfer ban and a young squad. Like Frank or not, he is a talented young manager. His CV looks good.

I also agree with Patrick Vieira being talented as well on the previous pages.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Area88 said:

Puel hasn't managed Chelsea and got them into the top 4 with a transfer ban and a young squad. Like Frank or not, he is a talented young manager. His CV looks good.

Tbf lampard didn’t need to sign any players to get them into the top 4 they were already a top side 4 side when he took over, Lampard has done nothing 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Area88 said:

He came into a side that already finished 3rd and were a European champion. He spunked 300 million to be 9th in the premier League to then be replaced and his successor going on to win the champions League that very season. Going back to Derby as well, his spending and gambling to then bottle promotion is a big reason why they're in the mess they are in now. If Rodgers isn't good enough and we are talking about being in the top 6 in what world should we ever be courting Lampard who's achievements are very underwhelming.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

People say ok if Brendan goes who’s going to come ? We’ll Poppey the sailor man would do a better job at this stage at least he’ll try his best and possibly learn.  Brendan is a fraud . I hate his supposed persona as a elite manager .  

Do you mean Popeye?

Im a firm believer that the blame should be put on the players before the manager. Sure jump on the manager, replace a top class coach that gets on well with the players whos attracting interest from top clubs, for who... Sean Dyche? Thomas Frank? Graham Potter? these are names i have had people comment as a replacement, and i have to say.. are you freaking serious!?!?!

What a joke of a fan base we have become, the days of old after winning an FA CUP wed of hated the idea of a manager to leave. Martin O'neil (worthington cup) for example. BR to me is doing a fine job, and hes having to deal with a set back this season, after 2 very successfuyl periods, maybe the players feel drained and a off season was bound to happen. regardless, i will support him this season.

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, I blame Wellens said:

Bring on the championship and we can get rid of half of u lot 

Are you thick? Most of us remember the shit football that's proceeded this period of success and don't want to go back to having our favourite players still be carthorses like Hume. This is a period of time that could be used to improve the club massively, yet we've let champions league football slip after collapsing twice, yeah there's an fa Cup win but anyone can look and see we shithoused it. Brendan has got the most talented squad we've ever had, and it's going to waste on his watch. His inabilty to get across the line will lead to the breakup of the squad we have and I'm not sure how long we can keep hitting with the replacements

Also please god not Lampard or another other ex pro with a similar managerial record

Edited by leicester4life
  • Like 1

On 20/11/2021 at 14:31, Webbo said:

Please don't say my granny could do better, it's boring and predictable. 

Sounds like your Gran would be ideal as she appears to offer the continuity of performance we are now accustomed to.

Honestly, some of the posters sticking up for the garbage being served up at the minute. The arguments put forward have zero substance. Tielemans was out… he’s been available for 18 months and we’ve been been poor in that time. It’s the players fault…. The buck always stops with the manager. We’ve had injuries….. so does every other team, deal with it. We won the game cup and finished 5th twice…. We bottled top 4 twice and not just bottled, it was harder to finish 5th than 4th. 

wake up and start demanding more from

the team and manager and stop accepting the little old Leicester narrative. We can and should be doing far better and if Rodgers can’t turn it round he needs to be sacked as all that has been built over the past few years will go down the pan and we will be back to bottom half not being able to attach any top quality players. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

It's down to man utd offering him a job.

If he goes I too would like lampard... he will have learnt alot from watching tuchel turn cheksea around 

...not sure that would be the case!!!

Managers have an idea of how they wish to play the game and believe themselves to be right. They may see how another Coach's manage and the style they implement, but would then choose not to emulate the same process, and therefore will not attempt to copy it in any way. Man management is what you need to learn, you need to be able to communicate at all levels and have empathy on a one on one basis.

Managers are single minded, and set themselves on a course that they believe, given time and financial support, they could make it work.

Not a fan of Lampard, hope we do not go fishing in that pond but a Continental manager would suit, especially for our trips into Europe.

25 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Yeah, I do realise that and understand people’s frustrations but I don’t think you can ask the ‘is it time?’ question after playing Chelsea, to be honest. 

There are some strange decisions being made though by Rodgers lately. I wish we would just go 4 at the back and put Iheanacho and Vardy up top. Oh, and **** the half zonal/half man-marking crap off at corners. 

Are you for real? The question wasn’t asked because of the Chelsea result. It’s been 18 months are garbage. 

A week ago some were desperately worried Rodgers would ditch us for United now they are really worried he won't. He will stay I reckon because this is probably the best gig he will ever get. We have already compensated Ranieri and Puel but this one would be considerably more expensive.

The first goal we concede yesterday was a carbon copy of Arsenal’s first just a few weeks ago. Zonal marking? What’s that all about?

We aren’t progressing at all this season. We have had injuries but the players have lost that zip, Kasper announcing he wants Champions League football. The mood has changed since last season. 

1 hour ago, frany104 said:

Honestly, some of the posters sticking up for the garbage being served up at the minute. The arguments put forward have zero substance. Tielemans was out… he’s been available for 18 months and we’ve been been poor in that time. It’s the players fault…. The buck always stops with the manager. We’ve had injuries….. so does every other team, deal with it. We won the game cup and finished 5th twice…. We bottled top 4 twice and not just bottled, it was harder to finish 5th than 4th. 

wake up and start demanding more from

the team and manager and stop accepting the little old Leicester narrative. We can and should be doing far better and if Rodgers can’t turn it round he needs to be sacked as all that has been built over the past few years will go down the pan and we will be back to bottom half not being able to attach any top quality players. 

I don't agree with the narrative of the buck always stops with the manager. The players have to take some responsibility. No matter how good the manager is, if the players cause an issue and stop playing then it's their fault. Also if we do sack him, who would we get. Arguably we are punching above our weight with BR. (that's not accepting a little old Leicester narrative) I'd love to get a top manager don't get me wrong. But from the available not sure who would? 

7 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I don't agree with the narrative of the buck always stops with the manager. The players have to take some responsibility. No matter how good the manager is, if the players cause an issue and stop playing then it's their fault. Also if we do sack him, who would we get. Arguably we are punching above our weight with BR. (that's not accepting a little old Leicester narrative) I'd love to get a top manager don't get me wrong. But from the available not sure who would? 

I can't argue with any of that really. Fwiw, I have a theory that senior players sometimes go into games expecting that they'll lose, and that negative mindset then becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I’ve been so pissed off all weekend and have stayed away from here just to have a break from it all, I’m now just thinking whatever will be will be, we’ve had little, McGee and O’Neill leave us and break our hearts in the past, If Rodgers goes I won’t lose any sleep, we’ve had so much worse

26 minutes ago, String fellow said:

I can't argue with any of that really. Fwiw, I have a theory that senior players sometimes go into games expecting that they'll lose, and that negative mindset then becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

...I do not believe they go into games believing they are about to lose, they are just not confident of what they have been asked to do!!!

• Like 1