Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Is it time...

Rodgers out?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers out?

• Yes
    • No

I was in the No Camp even after the performance today, but after his post match interview, I'm not sure, it's a real tough decision, and so many issues at play here, I'm so glad it's not my decision, but what I do know is I trust The owners to make the right decision for the Foxes! 

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Lol his tactics since January have seen us just slip down the league and he wont change them. But hey he won the fa cup. That wont keep us up. He needs to change his boring tactics now or go.

Everyone knows how to play against them. Then add the fact we cant defend set plays ffs that's kids football.

Chill out we dont even look like winning and have not for months except odd game.

Perhaps you’re just a far more miserable sod than I am. 

I’m not sitting here blindly stating that we‘ll get top 6. I’m simply pointing out that the league table is still very tight and we don’t need to panic right now. 

4 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

i did say possible. but has there been a decent game this season? apart from utd who made us look good. even norwich deserved something lol 

Yeah we’ve been crap in every game bar two this season. I agree with that. 

I think the best that can happen is for man utd to lose today , currently losing 2-0, which would surely be the end of Ole, then we can have a definitive outcome in terms of if they want Rodgers or not. Rightly or not, it feels like we are just waiting for it to happen, and today's performance felt like that too.  If they don't want him, we can move on without it hanging over us, and if they do, and he will go, then we can try and move on, and reset again.  

• Like 4

It’s interesting to me that this forum goes mental when things go wrong. You start to hear from posters who you never knew existed before. I think some of you prefer when things are going badly than when they’re going well. 

“Where were you when we were GOOD?” 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

It’s interesting to me that this forum goes mental when things go wrong. You start to hear from posters who you never knew existed before. I think some of you prefer when things are going badly than when they’re going well. 

Complaining they had nothing to moan about? :P 

6 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I agree with you its been a period of bad performances, however i said doing a poll straight after a bad game is perhaps not the right time to make it, when passions are running high. :D 

Yes.

But still dont change the facts.

And the facts are our form is shite and our style of play is shite. But like the arsenal game when it was lost second half we came out playing like we wanted to win.

Why is he not doing that until we are 1 or 2 down.

That's what fvcks me off.

3 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

That aimed at me?

5 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Was right here, giving Rodgers the praise he deserved. Now we are right here giving him the criticism he deserves. 

7 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I think the best that can happen is for man utd to lose today , currently losing 2-0, which would surely be the end of Ole, then we can have a definitive outcome in terms of if they want Rodgers or not. Rightly or not, it feels like we are just waiting for it to happen, and today's performance felt like that too.  If they don't want him, we can move on without it hanging over us, and if they do, and he will go, then we can try and move on, and reset again.  

So you think Rodgers is holding the cards? Have you thought it's a possibility that both Utd and us might not want Rodgers? 

Haven't voted as I STILL think he has enough credit in the bank for now.  However we are beginning to take on serious water, it started as a trickle 12-15 months ago but now it is beginning to pour in.  Throughout his career when this begins to happen (it always seems to) Rodgers doesn't seem to have a clue about how to fix it.

I think Top will stick with him (I'm assuming it will cost a fortune to sack him) however if we drop in to the bottom five from here panic will kick in and he'll pull the trigger.  The club is spending an absolute fortune on wages, training ground and the stadium expansion.  All that was to cement our place as a top 10 Premier League outfit.  Relegation would be a catastrophe.  

If he does go, my preference would be to give Potter a go at the rebuild.

I want some absolute militant bastard to come in and make these bunch of fannies realise what it means to play for our shirt. I’m sick of hearing about ‘belief’ and ‘character’ from this bottling Ted Lasso wannabe. Let’s stop fvcking up our golden opportunities and bring in a killer mentality. We were fvcking hunted today. That was the difference.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jakemoore said:

You’re being belligerent but you know what I’m saying. 

Ha ha, I was, apologies.

What I really should have taken issue with was, do you honestly feel we're in a European fight? We'll be nowhere near the top 6 this season. We are in a nosedive, from a poor starting position are 12th. We've been miserable all season and our one result which looks great is the Man U match. Man U were horrible that day, they stood 10 yards off every City player and made it very easy. I enjoyed the result, but it doesn't detract from the fact we've been utterly horrible aside that day, and even then, we were given a hand by a dreadful Man U performance. I don't see Rodgers turning this around long term. We haven't improved in our weak areas at all this season and we're almost a 3rd through.

12 games, 21 conceded, I'll end on that.

Edited by Duquesne Whistle

My problem with sacking Rodgers is that there isn't an obvious - PROVEN - candidate available.

BUT let's be honest, the FA Cup is an amazing highlight of what's been a turd of a year, performance-wise. He needs results and fast because it's starting to spiral downwards.

48 minutes ago, Walkers said:

We've gone from being 5th (and arguably over performing) to slap bang mid table a few months into the season. If a drop of that magnitude screams "change the manager" then football these days sucks. 

or Trigger Happy fans, who are willing to take that so easy path...

• Like 1