Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Is it time...

Rodgers out?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers out?

• Yes
    • No

Look, Chelsea are a very good team so the result today isn't a shock, neither is it a suprise. The frustration comes at how we lost, which has been the case for the majority of the season.

If it wasn't for some poorly timed runs, it would have been about 6-1.

We set up so defensively which is such a dangerous tactic with such an inept defence. We invite so much pressure on ourselves which we just can't deal with.

We are such a frustrating, negative and clunky/ clumsy team to watch and any quality that is in the team is overshadowed by silly mistakes of others.

Best case scenario,  Rodgers works wonders, gets the team playing again, and we end up salvaging a top 7 finish or something. He has shown consecutively now that he can't manage the team consistently through a season so whats going to change next season?

It could he Rodgers, or, Alternatively, maybe it's time to realise that apart from Tielemans, Fofana and Ndidi, we have quite a mediocre mid table squad.

Schmeichel is increasingly questionable, Soyunchu is hit or miss, Maddison and Barnes turn up when they fancy it and Vardy is ageing.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hejammy said:

What's annoying me the most is these players keep doing this. Did it to Ranieri, Puel and now BR. Players should be accountable at some point. 

I don't think that's necessarily their fault. When you hear the same voice over and over, those words will lose effect. Fergie was famous for constantly changing his number 2's to freshen things up every few years and I think we could do something like that to remotivate the players. 

The issue for me is motivation and desire.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

And within a few weeks we could be in the top 6 again. We’re not in a state now where we need to panic and sack Brendan when there is no one available who would do a better job. Who’s going to come in? Frank Lampard?! What’s he done.

Just chill out. 

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

If someone can name a definitely better option who would come here then sure but nobody can. (Please don't say my granny could do better, it's boring and predictable) 

It's the same knobs whove call for his head every time we concede a corner doing the moaning. I don't take them seriously. 

I posted this the other week and no one answered me which I feel says alot considering others will usually jump on alot I say.:

On 08/11/2021 at 08:09, Matt said:

Out of interest what was the consensus when there were Puel in v Puel out arguments?

I can’t really remember, it was quite a depressing time which I blanked out due to lack of enthusiasm, think I even took

abit of a hiatus from here during the time - by depressing I mean masked by boredom, frustration and as already mentioned, lack of enthusiasm, very much how I’m feeling now (hyperbole or not).

Were there stand out candidates? Was the point made - who could we get in? Was the pool of candidates low/lacking? Was Brendan perceived as ‘out of our reach’? Or we ‘should be careful what we wish for’?

Ultimately we ended up with Brendan and it seems we are having the same arguments, again, for very much the same reasons.

There are so many parallels that can be drawn and perhaps it’s something the club can look at as it seems this is the direction, the style of play the club have chose to go in which is massively sad to see personally because as I’ve said whoever comes in next I have a horrible feeling will probably have to meet this criteria of playing boring, negative, pOsSeSsIoN BaSeD fOoTbALl on repeat so whatever. :dunno:  :yawn: 

They are genuine questions and points of which may be right, wrong or simple subjective but I’d like a genuine discussion about them and I feel like you more than most are well positioned to answer seeing as you (like me) were quite vitriolic, fed up, frustration and even (again like me) took abit of a hiatus from here under Puel but this while not being a million miles (on a par in my eyes) from what was being served up under Puel seems fine and gaining your support.

No malice intended and I don’t expect any back, just looking for genuine opinions, views and discussion.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

I did think this would popup, I think we were lucky to only lose 3-0 and I think our league performances with the odd exception have been very poor.  Also revealed on Now Sports commentary that our build up play under Rodgers is now slower than under Puel.

However I still think its too early, I know I usually have the opinion that when a change is needed it should be done ASAP, I cannot forget that Rodgers have given us our first FA cup, and in the past we have done well under him, for this I feel he deserves more time, and any decision should only be considered when we looking in real danger of relegation, I dont think we at that point currently.

Quite a reasoned view, but I disagree on your conclusion.  If you wait long enough to be certain you are in danger of relegation then that's likely to be too late for a new manager to turn things around sufficiently before the end of the season.  You have to be pre-emptive in a situation such as ours

20 minutes ago, Xen said:

If Utd want Rodgers, then we get a decent pay packet in exchange.

If they don't/they keep Ole, and we still want rid, then we have to pay him off.

That alone could be a £10-20m difference, which would be huge for a club like ours and massively affect who we could bring in as a result.

Completely agree. If Man Utd dont want him, i dont think we get rid of him any time soon, for that very reason.  He still has a good reputation within football, and if not man utd, then someone else may come in for him, and we won't want to lose out on the big compo, and have to pay him off ourselves. 

Guest Col city fan

It’s a good job he’s got money in the bank with us at City because any other manager, given our stats of 2021 would have been long gone I suspect 

I think he’s living on his reputation to be honest 

3 minutes ago, shailen said:

I don't think that's necessarily their fault. When you hear the same voice over and over, those words will lose effect. Fergie was famous for constantly changing his number 2's to freshen things up every few years and I think we could do something like that to remotivate the players. 

The issue for me is motivation and desire.

I dont think it's the voice. Would you enjoy going out playing football the way he wants it. When was the last time we defended something and the ball was released quick to put a team under pressures.

His side ways dirge is awful and we pay to much respect to the opposition whoever they are.

Let's go at teams and take a game to them.

We showed the world how to win the league without the ball. Now we will show them how to get relegated trying to keep it.

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It’s a good job he’s got money in the bank with us at City because any other manager, given our stats of 2021 would have been long gone I suspect 

I think he’s living on his reputation to be honest 

Living on a cup win with fans. But that won't keep us up and I fear we are going to be in that battle.

2 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Agreed, but you have to ask why. 

I do and I can’t find myself blaming the manager when I see so many poor, underhit, overhit, misplaced passes. 72% to 86% at one point we were as low as 65% completion.

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Samilktray said:

Fair play to anyone confident enough to say they dont think we’ll get dragged into a relegation scrap. I’m not so confident 

No nor am I 

Newcastle will probably improve under Howe

Burnley usually shit-house their way out of it

Villa will improve under Gerrard

Leeds… not so sure. They look poor this season

Norwich.. will go down 

It’s wide open I think and we are probably playing currently worse than any of them

You gotta look at our squad though surely and think that relegation would be ridiculous?