Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H112

People swearing

13 minutes ago, H112 said:

Hi, I went to the game today - I haven’t been since the start of lockdown. We were sat in G2 - I couldn’t believe the amount of swearing, calling chilwell  “see you next Tuesday”, etc. There was a little boy stood right next to us taking in all in. Is there a way you can complain about this? I think it is unforgivable. Yes, Leicester were terrible, but we were playing the form team.

My uncle was a priest, and used to swear like a trooper down the city. Only place you’re allowed to do it. Don’t take that away from us aswell! If you don’t like to vent with abit of a swear, then the footy isn’t for you.

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

I was going to post exactly the same, my kids have always understood it's not to be repeated at home, and that it stays at the football. 

Exactly this. My uncle took me to my first ever match at Kenilworth Road when I was about 8 and I learned a whole new part of the English language that day. 

But I knew that it was just for the football and not to be repeated. 

Now I take my boys to Leicester and they are exposed to the swearing but they know not to swear at home or at school (at least not in ear shot of parents or adults)

18 minutes ago, H112 said:

Hi, I went to the game today - I haven’t been since the start of lockdown. We were sat in G2 - I couldn’t believe the amount of swearing, calling chilwell  “see you next Tuesday”, etc. There was a little boy stood right next to us taking in all in. Is there a way you can complain about this? I think it is unforgivable. Yes, Leicester were terrible, but we were playing the form team.

Who took the jam out you're doughnut, was you're prawn sarnies not up to scratch today

17 minutes ago, H112 said:

How absolutely unnecessary and proposterous to hear swearing at a football match. I hope you told them to watch their f****ing language!!!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Last time I was in the family stand a few years ago I learnt a whole new page of swear words, they're pretty feral in there :D

Looking at the way they were spearing the Napoli lot with flags and clappers a few weeks ago, I'd say it's not got much tamer over the years

Still crack up at the guy in the 'DAD 50' top flailing at some Mafia goon wanging his belt around.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, iancognito said:

There are numbers you can text to alert stewards etc to racism/homophobia but swearing is part of the human emotion and football is for many an emotional release. If people are warned or even ejected from a ground for swearing we're really losing the plot.

Well, by rights you could argue using the word cnut is sexist, or genderist... or something! :ph34r:

26 minutes ago, H112 said:

Go to the cinema instead.

25 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

If you don’t want children exposed to swearing don’t take them to the football. A football stadium is a highly emotive environment and you will hear bad language, yes sometimes it could be reigned in but it’s unrealistic to expect swearing to not happen. 

Yeah. The whole world is becoming a nanny state. Every little thing has to be perfect for every single person including kids everywhere you go. Not a fan of swearing at all, by the way, but we can’t all be robots.

My first exposure to football was at Ibrox. By 8 years old I was singing 'the Sash' and 'no pope of Rome' much to the delight of my granda and where I fully conceded that, that was way out of line from what should happen at a football game, not expecting profanities is just bonkers. 

30 minutes ago, H112 said:

This is a wind up surely???🤣🤣🤣🤣

36 minutes ago, H112 said:

Psych! Here to make your evenings ****ing better!

synt don't get it?