Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ormondroyd8ftTall

Row with the missus

7 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Many years ago, after a row with my then girlfriend, I complained to an older male colleague that she was being 'unfair'. He responded by advising me that talking about 'fairness' to a woman is akin to talking to them in a foreign language they don't understand. Men, he told me, tend to look at the 'facts' of an incident and try to muster an argument based on that, but often this just aggravates the situation. Women understand how they feel about something - much better than we do - and are less concerned with facts. If you want to avoid unnecessary aggravation, it always helps to think about how your wife/girlfriend might feel rather than regaling them with a list of facts that prove you're right (as I have found to my cost on many occasion...) ;)

This might be the best advice I've heard 🤣 I always try to back my argument up and it just ends up with being told I hold on to things way too long! From now on I'll keep my mouth shut.

22 hours ago, Ormondroyd8ftTall said:

Right who's at fault here....

We've been decorating and the missus was furniture painting her dressing table upstairs in her dressing room. I went in this evening tp put something back in there and turned the light on, (the light switch is a little way into the room), as i turn the light on i turn and kick over a tin of paint that was left with the lid off and goes everywhere....

I havent said its her fault and she said yeah it was yours lol i said in my defence who leaves an open tin of paint on the floor in the middle of the room. Well she's gone off saying i always turn it round on herlol again i'v said im not saying its your fault but its not mine either haha

Nothing like a good old fishing line thrown to the public to see some opinions...so lets hear them

The current Mrs Steven says it is your fault. :D

10 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Many years ago, after a row with my then girlfriend, I complained to an older male colleague that she was being 'unfair'. He responded by advising me that talking about 'fairness' to a woman is akin to talking to them in a foreign language they don't understand. Men, he told me, tend to look at the 'facts' of an incident and try to muster an argument based on that, but often this just aggravates the situation. Women understand how they feel about something - much better than we do - and are less concerned with facts. If you want to avoid unnecessary aggravation, it always helps to think about how your wife/girlfriend might feel rather than regaling them with a list of facts that prove you're right (as I have found to my cost on many occasion...) ;)

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Górnik Leicester said:

Or, leave a bucket of paint stripper in the same place as she left the paint, and wait for her to kick it over.

If she doesn't, it's definitely your fault.

Well if the Mrs is already pissed off, May as well get the strippers out.

On 29/11/2021 at 13:09, GingerrrFox said:

Tell her you are sorry for kicking the paint tin over and you will get it sorted, however she needs to take responsibility for leaving an open paint tin, on the floor, in a dark room. If she can’t deal with that, leave her to stew on it. Don’t back down, loads of my mates live a miserable life for always bowing down to their other half. 

there's a lot of deep replies here, not something i was expectinglol

Apprieciate everyones advice, but chill we aren't on the brinklol

Was just looking for some interesting opinions on who was at fault:nigel:

2 hours ago, Ormondroyd8ftTall said:

there's a lot of deep replies here, not something i was expectinglol

Apprieciate everyones advice, but chill we aren't on the brinklol

Was just looking for some interesting opinions on who was at fault:nigel:

The answer lies in health and safety videos you see at work. The message in this case would be “don’t leave tins of open paint lying around, someone could walk into them” - rather than “keep your eyes out for tins of open paint”.

However, woman and therefore your fault 🤣

• Haha 1