Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Southampton 2-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Poor finishing cost us the 3 points in the second half. I do worry for Ndidi. He's a bit of a liability currently. 

Feel like he's a bit lost in that midfield because Bouba has nowhere near the same workrate and composure that Youri has

• Like 3

Much better second half although thought the Daka sub and going 4-4-2 took away our momentum and we ended up hanging on a bit last 10 mins or so.

Soumare, not a problem when he has the ball but really needs to improve his defensive runnning, have more intensity with his sprints and pressing. Hopefully the penny will drop but until then, we might as well play with 10 men as he is hopeless when we don’t have the ball.

Ndidi we know he is quality but just needs to calm down, everything he does at the moment is rushed and rash.

Maddison superb, everyone else 6/7 out of 10. 

At the end of the day, we simply miss Fofana and JJ am incredible amount. When they are back, these high scoring affairs will suddenly be 3-0, 4-1, not frickin' 4-3 etc. 

I get that it is the manager's job to solve problems on the fly, but we also have to keep in mind we badly need additional depth, and our Southampton pick-ups may be dead wood at the end of the day. Personally, I'd seek a defender or two, one loan, maybe splash for someone worth a damn during the winter window. I know guys are getting healthy but we can be top-6 again if we get a long-term replacement for Evans in.

And we needn't wait for the window to get someone in to help with the defense on corner kicks. Seriously now. It's past time.

The defence is absolutely shambolic. 

The panic every set piece or ball in is just mental. It's a massive issue. Its going to cost us this season big time.

Soumare still flatters to deceive for me. Kdh seems a more tidy player and offers something more. Should start next game. 

Great to Maddison finally come back to life. 

Barnes again was so shite in front of goal. Let's get it right, his goal scoring record isn't good enough. He gets a massive chance probably once every couple of games and he's not clinical enough. 

Sad thing about us is that we should be so much closer to fourth place. It's a poor league after the top three and there is a spot up for grabs...

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

The defence is absolutely shambolic. 

The panic every set piece or ball in is just mental. It's a massive issue. Its going to cost us this season big time.

Soumare still flatters to deceive for me. Kdh seems a more tidy player and offers something more. Should start next game. 

Great to Maddison finally come back to life. 

Barnes again was so shite in front of goal. Let's get it right, his goal scoring record isn't good enough. He gets a massive chance probably once every couple of games and he's not clinical enough

Sad thing about us is that we should be so much closer to fourth place. It's a poor league after the top three and there is a spot up for grabs...

It's not just this unfortunately. His final ball is awful 9 times out of 10

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Two defeats in 11 ……to Arsenal & Chelsea…..whatever way you look at that it’s decent…..

The performances have not been decent and that is the issue and why so many fans are getting frustrated. We know how good this team can be, we've seen it for the last 2 years, yet we have been average to poor in nearly every game apart from the United game. The same mistakes being made from set plays and starting games so slowly and always ending up chasing games. You can put whatever stats you want up but it doesn't hide that this season so far has been under whelming at best. 

• Like 2

I get the feeling that Vardy’s miss can be put down to him playing two full games in three days. 

It was a late run into the box, Everything  was set up perfectly for him to score, but as Brendan said he just lost his balance at the last minute his standing foot and body position were wrong and it blazed over the bar. 
I think this is the kind of thing that starts to go when your body is tired but your mind is still sharp.

• Like 1

How the piss did Southampton have 1.75xg and we have 1.25? Was it because of their two close range goals?

We created much better chances in that game.

Also looking back at their second goal, Soyuncu should have done better but looking at Kasper he was awful too, Adams was in the 6 yard box when he made contact with it. Kasper needs to be more aggressive in those situations then he gets a easy catch or punch.

• Like 2

again we started at a snails pace , playing backwards and sideways , when we changed to a more direct approach in the second half we looked so more better . As for a couple of players, lookman who looked so good when he first played has lost his way . No longer does he take players on but just plays backwards or loses the ball , I think this must be a Rodgers tactic. When the hell will Rodgers get to grips with are defence from corners . And ndidi he really has lost his way his timing has gone to pot , he looks like someone who knows he maybe leaving the club . I think Rodgers time in charge maybe has run it’s course 

• Haha 1

The first half showed again that we struggle against sides that press us because we don't have enough players who show for the ball, particularly when Youri isn't playing.  That's why, the defenders end up playing it along the back line so much. KDH made a difference in that he dropped deep to pick the ball up, and so did Maddison in the move before he scored.  

• Like 2