Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Southampton 2-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

A point is probably fair, could have won it, maybe should have won it but I don't think we really deserved it.

Never seen the fuss about KDH but he deserves to start ahead of Soumare atm.

Wilf has got to get his head straight, could have cost us the game.

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

This is we can string some wins together we will be in the top four mix… we aren’t too far off still 

We won't be able to string any results together if we keep defending the way we have all season.  The next two games will be interesting because if we don't defend properly we could get well beaten. 

Happy to have come away with a point. But it really should have been 3. Of all the  players you’d have wanted to have had that gilt edged chance. How many of those has he buried. Thank god he took Soumare off, sorry, but he was absolute shite. Defensively we look so vulnerable, Castagne is below par as is Barnes. Lookman is too light weight, and Niddi. Well,what the hell. A lot to improve on, but at least we didn’t lose the game. 

I can not accept us scraping a point away to Southampton.  We were much improved in the second half but that can not hide the fact they were dominant in the first.

I can’t be happy with a point  away to the team in 16th place.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

First half they should be out of sight. Second half we should win it. Maddison for 20 minutes in the second half was unplayable, but now we have an injury worry. Best I've seen of KDH, seems to be getting to the pace of the league. As for the rest, ups and downs, but Ndidi in particular needs serious words about the way he plays in the box. Onwards and all that.

Only twice in the league have Southampton scored 2 goals before tonight, Newcastle and Burnley, 2 utterly shite teams. 

You cannot gift the opposition 2 goals and miss the chances we missed and expect to win a game at this level. We may need a new cdm in Jan as Ndidi is horrible at the moment as is Soumare. Our midfield is pathetic. Then there's the continued farce of being unable to defend set pieces. Is a draw away at Southampton a terrible result? No. Are some of the individual performances and continued inability to defend terrible. Absolutely. Things need to change quick or this season is going to be very under whelming 

• Like 1

Just now, winteriscoming said:

Disagree Maddison. 
Kdh wasn’t brilliant. Very average. Too light weight. 

Agreed. Glad it's not just me. I like KDH but I think he often takes too long to make a pass and gets caught out. Better than Soumare though and will improve, I think 

• Like 1

Makes me wonder what this team would have done without the injuries to Fofana and Evans. This team plays so much better with 2 than three at the back.

Trade Iheanacho in the winter to Newcastle for big bucks. We need more attackers that work with this system. Nothing personal.