Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Southampton 2-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Interesting interview from Maddison.

You don’t need a body language expert to tell what he was thinking when set plays was brought up. Pure exasperation.

Nice to hear BR and Kasper got stuck into them at half time. 

Maddison, head and shoulders above every other player on the pitch today.

KDH did well, certainly way more energy than Soumaré.

Wilf is lacking confidence and needs to calm down, particularly when defending in his own box.

Two absolute sitters missed by Barnes and Vardy. I expect it from Barnes who misses most of his chances but for Vardy to miss his was a real surprise. 

How we are 8th with some of the doggo performances we have given is absolute best Robbery.

can you imagine where we would be with a cohesive defense? And a fluid attacking display? 

we’ve got the players but not the performance.

we KNOW so many of them  can play well and do it consistently.

so really, there’s  only once place we can look to for the problems we are having..:

KDH introduction made the difference. Barnes is frustrating the hell out of my ATM, holds onto the ball for 2 seconds before he decides what he wants to do. Maddison is improving games by game thankfully, as for Ndidi, probably his worst game for us.

The real worry is the amount of goals we concede, it's not something that is a sudden occurance, if you look at our record under Brendan the number of goals we concede has consistently and gradually increased in his time here, until he can arrest that increase then we have no chance of being anywhere near challenging for a CL spot again.

• Like 1

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

I think we should be looking up, why not? Yes we've been shit so far yet we are 8th and if we can work out to be better we still have a chance of challenging for top 6 at least. Players should be thinking that. 

Yeah it's a good sign we've been playing so poorly yet find ourselves 8th and not that far away from where we want to be. 

Not the best performances but still in contention. 

Too many unforced errors by us from the start. They looked world beaters first half while we were just getting into the game.

We're clearly not fit enough and that's a basic requirement which needs to change.

Southampton deserved a point and we wasted two points.

Edited by Clever Fox
Spelling error
  • Like 1

Just now, hejammy said:

Glad to hear that BR took out the hairdryer at half time. I think they needed it. Much better first half which shows the players are being half arsed. 

Glad to hear that as well, we need to be starting games like we played second half… otherwise we will continue to gift teams the lead 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Yeah it's a good sign we've been playing so poorly yet find ourselves 8th and not that far away from where we want to be. 

Not the best performances but still in contention. 

On the other side of that coin, isn't it bad that we're not taking advantage of how congested this division is?

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He brought infinite balance to the team which was missing. Super little play on the second goal. Couple of great switches in play. Gets up and down; far better than other options. Fair play to the lad 

He did ok. Nothing more. Maddison made out he was outstanding. He wasn’t. I agree he had some decent touches and created chances but wasn’t strong enough tackling and was imo average. Had we spent 20m+ on him we’d all be calling what a waste of money. He gets more credit because he’s a player from the academy. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

That second half performance was excellent, especially given it was our third game in six days. First half awful, but second half shows what can be. In truth we probably should have won, but one thing it shows to me is our spirit is good, even if our defence is not at the moment 

How the puck was the second half performance excellent?, absolutely embarrassing performance all round. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Langston said:

On the other side of that coin, isn't it bad that we're not taking advantage of how congested this division is?

True. But it's still time to capitalise on it. I see it as a positive were still in the mix and not dropped off totally.