Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Villa (A) Sunday 5th Dec @ 4.30 - pre match

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Because we then invariably lose the midfield battle and Maddison would have to be dropped hence what I said. The annoying thing is he's now no longer even making an impact off the bench and with it his momentum and confidence will be wilting.

Top goal scorer last season to surplus to requirements . Not good not good

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

We lose the midfield battle every week. The entire season so far we have surrendered midfield and in doing so, put the defence under undue pressure. It's extraordinarily odd. 

I'd attempt to solidify and be a bit more pragmatic and start to he hard to beat..I'd start with

Gk plus current normal 4 at the back

Wilf

Madders Hamza Kdh 

Kels 

Vards

....and use our bench to develop the game later; Barnes, Daka, Perez, Albrighton, Lookman can all change a dynamic of a game

It’s clear the issue for iheanacho is that when Barnes is fit and firing we will play the formation to include him.  That formation does then not fit iheanacho in, that’s why the two hardly ever start in the same team.

If Barnes hadn’t got injured last season iheanacho would have hardly had a look in, it’s a real shame because when he’s backed, he scores lots of goals and I’d like us to fit him in somewhere but just think this is the way Rodgers sees it.

• Like 2

If we’re all completely honest with ourselves we’ve never been defensively sound under Rodgers, set pieces and poor decision making has been a regular problem but we’ve always been able to score goals and can be deadly for periods during the 3 seasons he’s been in charge so I’m still hoping and believing we can get a run going starting at villa🤞🤞🤞 I’m fully prepared for another shite performance on Sunday but will always have the hope something will click!

• Like 1

We will get a good stuffing like a Christmas turkey tomorrow, possibly 4-0 and then the knives will be out. 

* We are too slow with the ball 

* We are not aggressive enough (we will sure get bullied tomorrow) 

* We are so predictable in our play for the opposition to deal with 

* We gift early goals and are defensively shiite 

* we have zero leadership on the pitch 

* We have a manager who can’t properly motivate his players now 

Sorry guys, I’m just hacked off with the dire performances week in week out and see no positive green shoots in this team and with our management 

Edited by oxtonfox
sp
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, sammy82 said:

If we’re all completely honest with ourselves we’ve never been defensively sound under Rodgers, set pieces and poor decision making has been a regular problem but we’ve always been able to score goals and can be deadly for periods during the 3 seasons he’s been in charge so I’m still hoping and believing we can get a run going starting at villa🤞🤞🤞 I’m fully prepared for another shite performance on Sunday but will always have the hope something will click!

Agreed.

Defence is the main problem. If Kasper could dive once in a while too, that would be great. He’s just watched the ball fly by a few times lately which is awful to see from somebody like him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oxtonfox said:

We will get a good stuffing like a Christmas turkey tomorrow, possibly 4-0 and then the knives will be out. 

Sorry guys, I’m just hacked off with the dire performances week in week out and see no positive green shoots in this team and with our management 

You've been watching a different Villa to me

Why do people keep leaking our team, especially for something as pointless as twitter clout.

If true, KDH has indeed been robbed. How Rodgers sticks with Soumare and Ndidi after the last games is bizarre. Almost like when we had Mendy and Ndidi in a two when everyone could see it didnt work.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

Yes we have only score 9 goals in the last 3 games

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, KFS said:

This guy is a fvcking weirdo

Why does he bother posting the line ups the night before for the opposition to see (this guy is known to be reliable with the leaked line ups). FPL deadline has passed so nothing for anyone to gain . complete nob head 

Edited by turlo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

We lose the midfield battle every week. The entire season so far we have surrendered midfield and in doing so, put the defence under undue pressure. It's extraordinarily odd. 

I'd attempt to solidify and be a bit more pragmatic and start to he hard to beat..I'd start with

Gk plus current normal 4 at the back

Wilf

Madders Hamza Kdh 

Kels 

Vards

....and use our bench to develop the game later; Barnes, Daka, Perez, Albrighton, Lookman can all change a dynamic of a game

That is a horrid team hahahahaaa 

4 hours ago, deep blue said:

4-3-1-2?

Possible, bit would have to get it absolutely spot on as our full backs need support out wide so we'd need very energetic central midfielders and plenty of movement.

If Soumare is starting then I've no sympathy for Rodgers any longer. His honest and frank interview after Wednesdays game made me feel like the players were letting him down but to go and pick the same defence and central midfield that is causing it and reward the player he called outstanding and who changed the game then he's his own worst enemy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, sammy82 said:

There was 

• Like 3