Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Villa (A) Sunday 5th Dec @ 4.30 - pre match

On 01/12/2021 at 22:51, winteriscoming said:

I watched the game. Not debating the lad has potential but I wasn’t convinced. He did ok. Hope he gets a chance and does well but atm imo he’s decent without being exceptional. Apologies but some on here making him out to be something he’s not. Just my opinion. Don’t mind being ridiculed or criticised for having a different opinion from the majority. 

What majority? You're making yourself out to be the lone voice of reason, standing against a tide of half-baked hero worship.

He impressed me. His passing was accurate - particularly impressive were a couple of long, oblique passes he made. He continually watches for opportunities to make a decisive pass. He appears to have fast reactions.

He looks somewhat less aware defensively, but I'm actually thrilled to see someone able to make those long crossfield passes. 

If he can show consistency and develop further then he'll not be far off the standard necessary for regular first team selection.

He might not be the player some of us think he is, but who knows how he'll turn out. 

6 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

All i want is to see us play with a high tempo... be first to every ball ...and shift the ball quickly.

If we do that we can beat villa.

(Bench kasper)

There were some very noticeable boo's at Southampton when we were passing it around the back as if we were 2-0 up against Chelsea. 

He's one of the worse for it. Never known anyone with such bad footwork & distribution be so keen to play around with silly little passes.

Then, when he does decide to get it up field, he's completely incapable of keeping the ball on the pitch!

• Like 2

Rogers will not want to get beat today… whilst I’m sure he wants to win every game, he certainly won’t want to lose this one to Gerrard. I hope we go at then all guns blazing but wonder if the close proximity to our last match will impact our approach?

5 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

There were some very noticeable boo's at Southampton when we were passing it around the back as if we were 2-0 up against Chelsea. 

He's one of the worse for it. Never known anyone with such bad footwork & distribution be so keen to play around with silly little passes.

Then, when he does decide to get it up field, he's completely incapable of keeping the ball on the pitch!

But i'll the question again.

Why do we do it?

I'm sorry but it doesn't draw the opposition out, i've never heard so much bullshit in my life, opposition couldn't be happier to let us piss about with it ultimately waiting for us to making a mistake.

We all know we stink at it, not to mention it gets us no where and is incredibly dull and boring.

And lastly, you should be looking to get the best out of your players, we're not.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Nick said:

Rogers will not want to get beat today… whilst I’m sure he wants to win every game, he certainly won’t want to lose this one to Gerrard. I hope we go at then all guns blazing but wonder if the close proximity to our last match will impact our approach?

Woah! I'm not having this on our pathetic bullshit list of excuses.

Villa played the same night, infact we had 45 minutes extra rest if we're being pedantic. (Infact we probably didn't given the 2nd half was delayed, my mistake, still remains we played on he same night and certainly didn't finish any later than them)

Villa had a stronger opposition and no doubt more of a runaround.

Whilst we seemingly refuse to rotate.

Our approach will remain the same, passive, strangle possession, Villa being more than content with that, we'll get no where with it, make a mistake, concede a goal. Rinse and repeat, next game please.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Woah! I'm not having this as a pathetic bullshit excuse.

Villa played the same night, infact we had 45 minutes extra rest if we're being pedantic. (Infact we probably didn't given the 2nd half was delayed, my mistake, still remains we played on he same night and certainly didn't finish any later than them)

Villa had a stronger opposition and no doubt more of a runaround.

Ha! I’m not and didn’t suggest that Villa have had any more or less recovery than us. I was just thinking if we don’t rotate and play the same starting line up, we may not play with full intensity for the 90 (not that we often see 90 mins if intensity these days), we’ll just have to see how our players have recovered.

2 minutes ago, Nick said:

Ha! I’m not and didn’t suggest that Villa have had any more or less recovery than us. I was just thinking if we don’t rotate and play the same starting line up, we may not play with full intensity for the 90 (not that we often see 90 mins if intensity these days), we’ll just have to see how our players have recovered.

I'd be delighted to see 5 minutes of intensity.

• Haha 1

Guest Danny Clender
8 minutes ago, dayday said:

Geez anybody would think Villa are world beaters.

This is what I’ve been confused about via comments in this thread, the game after this is against a team in P3 in Serie A how would that relate? 20-0? Just not bother?

I’d go for the controversial 0-5-5 formation and instruct Kasper to not touch anything that might go wide if parried. If everyone is up the pitch we are a lot less likely to give away any corners.

Kasper

F*!king no one

Hamza, Wilf, Mendy, Maddison, KDH

Barnes, Vardy, Nacho, Daka, Lookman

Put the bench on the goal line if they will let us, the subs can stand at the side of the pitch. 

20 minutes ago, dayday said:

Geez anybody would think Villa are world beaters.

I know im confident that this will be easy work tbh even with a poor performance.. villa are shit end of.

If we don't get 3 points from this lot then it's a stackable offence.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

It’s one of those games you can’t really call… Villa have had an improvement on their form, but how much of that is down to the new manager lift? We could easily sneak a win, but we will have to out score them…

Typically the best way of securing wins, in my experience.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ronnup said:

This will be very tough. Villa looked decent second half against city, and if Youri isn't back I do think we will struggle. I think we can out score them but I don't see Rodgers setting up to go at them. Could be a low scoring draw which I'd take. 

... and there it is again. I blame the Sky generation. 

:nigel: